: Dyno Day

Seattle CTS-V
04-13-08, 01:10 AM
Had an awesome dyno-day w/ a bunch of F-body, Vette and GTO owners today. What a bunch of great guys (and a few gals). Great weather, great food and great cars. Besides a little sunburn (yes, we get sun in Seattle) it was awesome.

Anyway, first time I've ever dyno'd and I was pleasantly surprised... 480whp/ 445 wtq. Not too shabby. I'm not sure why the bottom of the dyno shows mph instead of rpm but I started at 2000 rpms and went up to redline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG47BZo1d6s

Nice flat torque curve. Alot of room in the A/F too for more power...
Here's the dyno sheet. Seems to be a little rich so I'm sure there's more power to be had safely...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/CTS-V/Dyno%20Day%2004-12-08/CTS-VDyno04-12-08.jpg

StealthV
04-13-08, 01:20 AM
Love how fast it spools up the rollers on the dyno. Damn, you're making me want to get another V.

With the baseline, tweaking the tune will be easy. Let me know when you're ready to go. When's the next track day? :thumbsup:

stevbo200
04-13-08, 01:21 AM
sweeet!

Seattle CTS-V
04-13-08, 01:30 AM
Love how fast it spools up the rollers on the dyno. Damn, you're making me want to get another V.

With the baseline, tweaking the tune will be easy. Let me know when you're ready to go. When's the next track day? :thumbsup:

Next track day might not be anytime in the near future. I've had one of those heart-to-hearts with the wifey and I might just wait 'till the little boy is older b/f getting into track days again. The local track, Pacific Raceways, isn't the safest track. Spill zones are aweful. You guys running the world-class tracks are sooooo lucky! Maybe I need a road trip to Laguna Seca :)

sherkv
04-13-08, 01:30 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt

trukk
04-13-08, 02:07 AM
DAMN LOOK AT THAT TRQ CURVE, err line!

Looks like they couldn't get the RPM lead on the dyno to work.

Just a BIT rich :D

Must be a blast to drive. :thumbsup:

-Chris

Civardi
04-13-08, 02:51 AM
Sorry I missed out today. I will need to make it next time.

GMBOUND
04-13-08, 02:56 AM
Sounds so good

rand49er
04-13-08, 08:44 AM
480 !!! Gorgeous torque "curve," too.

Lean that out a couple of notches 'cause I'd say you're definitely leaving some ponies on the table ... you could possibly be pushing the big five double zero then.

That said, being that rich helps to quench the A/F charge reducing (the temp which reduces) tendency to autoignite ... a combo of leaning and pulling a bit of timing (if necessary) might be the way to go, IMHO. You're in good hands with Rick, though. :thumbsup:

Just as onebadcad said, that 2.6 pulley sure gives it a kick in the pants. Could those stock internals be getting maxed out?

Wow!

silverAg
04-13-08, 09:13 AM
great numbers...we have some similarities in the mods department i would really like some suspension mods though:yup:

Seattle CTS-V
04-14-08, 01:35 AM
480 !!! Gorgeous torque "curve," too.

Lean that out a couple of notches 'cause I'd say you're definitely leaving some ponies on the table ... you could possibly be pushing the big five double zero then.

That said, being that rich helps to quench the A/F charge reducing (the temp which reduces) tendency to autoignite ... a combo of leaning and pulling a bit of timing (if necessary) might be the way to go, IMHO. You're in good hands with Rick, though. :thumbsup:

Just as onebadcad said, that 2.6 pulley sure gives it a kick in the pants. Could those stock internals be getting maxed out?

Wow!

I would have done the 2.6 earlier if only I had known!

rand49er
04-14-08, 09:35 AM
I would have done the 2.6 earlier if only I had known!Okay, now you got ME thinking! :banghead:

Let's see ... pulleyboys, grind a little, tune, gloves to cover my white knuckles, ...

LUVMY04V
04-14-08, 10:26 AM
Your car looks sounds and runs awsome seattle!!!!

Seattle CTS-V
04-14-08, 11:36 AM
Your car looks sounds and runs awsome seattle!!!!

Thanks man! I spent all day Friday washing, Porter-cabling and waxing to get her all nice and shiney for the dyno-day. Trouble is, about 10 minutes down the road she was already getting covered with tree pollen. Ugh.

rangerrob
04-14-08, 12:27 PM
Seattle, do you already have a cam? if not, even a small one would put you well over 500hp!

JD03Cobra
04-14-08, 12:43 PM
Oh man thats sweet!