: Intermittent exhaust vibration

AlmostAV
04-11-08, 08:57 PM
I have an intermittent exhaust vibration that comes through the center console. Has anyone else experienced this, and found a solution. It primarily happens only when starting to apply throttle from a stop, the vibration occurs. Im pretty sure its not the exhaust support bar, but it could be....I also notice a little vibration when I go behind my car when its running at idle, but that sounds like its "inside" the exhaust, and happens simply because I have no cats....

trukk
04-11-08, 10:01 PM
Give us some more details. OEM exhaust, or catback. You mentioned no cats, do you have headers too?

-Chris

AlmostAV
04-12-08, 12:12 AM
Yes and exhaust.

easyV
04-12-08, 07:11 AM
I had this same problem and realized that it was the plastic on the armrest joint. The two round pices on the outside of the joint were loose and I had the dealer tighten them. I think they just added adhesive. It fixed the noise but now I can hear the center plastic portion of the armrest joint vibrate every now and again. Little ish but it drives me crazy!!! :banghead: I"m going to take it back to the dealer to see what they can do.

rand49er
04-12-08, 07:33 AM
Every time I dink around with my exhaust, it very easily ends up sagging and rests on the little cross member ... then it buzzes/vibrates.

Solution is to loosen all the connections, place a jack under the exhaust, jack it up against the body, and tighten the snot out of all the connections again.

It ends up sagging a bit again but with about 1/2" clearance with no noise.

tweeter81
04-12-08, 10:52 AM
I had the vibration about 1 day after installing my Magnaflow exhaust. The next day I got under the car and removed the little cross bar near the center of the car and have not had any problems since, because the Magnaflow doesn't hang very low.