: Install aftermarket head unit, no sound in the rear?

stealth09
04-11-08, 04:06 PM
OK.

So I installed a AVIC-D3 into my 2003 Cadillac Escalade with Bose.

Now my rear speakers do not work. I put the fade all the way to the rear and I hear nothing. Only the front works.

Why is that, and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

stealth09
04-11-08, 05:29 PM
This is only when I put the fade all the way to the rear. During normal operation I have sound on all speakers.

Povich
04-12-08, 05:01 AM
Again have the Avic Z1 installed and think it has something to do with using factory amp! I used to install for a well Known company here in Hbg. Pa. and when we installed using factory amps it was the same but your still getting all sound from all spkrs! Havent installed in yrs but believe you should be good! my system is same and it sounds incredible!!! Have any Questions take it back to installer and ask! Where did U have it done at?

stealth09
04-13-08, 05:02 AM
Hey man, it sounds awesome.

I installed it my self.:thepan:

I wasn't happy with the DIN brackets I got, I had to drill and test fit a lot to center the indash.

tlawrence7808
05-05-08, 03:50 PM
when you guys installed the AVIC did you use any adapters to retain steering controls and the bose speakers..

Povich
05-08-08, 12:43 PM
when you guys installed the AVIC did you use any adapters to retain steering controls and the bose speakers..

I have a Pac steering wheel control adapter and everything works great! Also still using Fact. Bose! They Make wiring harness for all of this! Best thing to do is search net you can find the right harness for almost any vehicle!