: Stereo Hissing Noise

stealth09
04-11-08, 02:18 AM
I installed the AVIC-D3 into my 2003 Cadillac Escalade with Bose and ONStar.

I have a hissing noise from the speakers when no music is on. Now is this from my factory amp? Do I have a factory amp? How do I by pass it?

Or

What can I do to make this hissing noise stop?

Thanks!

Povich
04-11-08, 04:18 AM
TURN YOUR MUSIC UP! :alchi: LOL! Have an avic Z1 in my truck and have a lil hissing at no volume also! Believe to be aftermarket deck with factory amp! To tell ya the truth mine doesnt really bother me in fact I dont even realize it most of time cause something is always playing! Is urs really loud or just noticeable at 0 volume? Guess you could bypass factory amp if it is really that bothersome! I love my z1 and the way my music sounds in my truck so I just kinda forget about it! Nice choice on the stereo though! Love pioneers!

stealth09
04-11-08, 08:58 AM
Yea I am happy with the unit.

It is noticeable at zero volume. But as soon as I turn up the music loud enough it is gone.

I take it if I bypass the amp, I will not get as good quality music, correct?

I also noticed that my rear speakers don't respond since the install...

Thanks for response.

The Scientist
04-11-08, 12:14 PM
In most circumstances, noise like that is due to poor grounding. I use to make my own ground instead of using the factory provided. Does the pitch change with engine RPMs? Wire nuts and butt connectors are generally the culprit. If your wiring is soldered then I don't know. Like Povich said just turn that music up!!!

Guyz1996deville
04-11-08, 12:58 PM
Good Scientist that is typically a short to ground situation. Check your grounding.....

stealth09
04-11-08, 01:16 PM
I used butt connectors and used the harness ground.

When I get home tonight, I will rip it all out and solder it back into place and perhaps get a new ground.

Also, am I supposed to cut something in radio hole so that my double din unit will fit all the way back in, or can I just unbolt something?

The Scientist
04-11-08, 03:04 PM
Try getting rid of the butt connector first. Just worry about one wire at a time, solder the ground wire and see what happens. The factory ground should be sufficient. Problem with aftermarket decks is that they general use more power because of the interal amp being more powerful that the stock unit. If you notice aftermarket decks have larger gauge power and ground wires than stock units. It is like that for a reason.

Povich
04-12-08, 04:11 AM
I used butt connectors and used the harness ground.

When I get home tonight, I will rip it all out and solder it back into place and perhaps get a new ground.

Also, am I supposed to cut something in radio hole so that my double din unit will fit all the way back in, or can I just unbolt something?

My Z1 fits perfectly as should Urs! Make sure all plugs ad wires are tucked to left and right n shove it in! As for grounding, I have tried several places and wire and still get the hiss But only at zero volume!!! Believe only to be a After deck with Fac. amp thing! Not sure but I used to install for yrs, but also Yrs Ago!:alchi: As far as Scientist stated I have NO Engine noise at all, just a hiss when at zero vol.!Once I hit 1 on volume it dissappears!