: '02 escalade leveler broken

chemman14
04-10-08, 04:33 PM
the automatic leveler that raises the rear end on my escalade is broken it constantly runs trying to get the car to level but never stops working, it stops for a second then goes again (even while im driving down the road)
what fuse do i pull so that i can stop this?? or how else can i fix it?

DaveH28
04-11-08, 11:21 PM
Sounds like you've got an air leak -- the compressor is trying to pump up the shocks to a certain pressure, but if the air just leaks out continuously then the pump will keep running in an effort to try and fill them.. You may have an air line that is disconnected or ruptured or you may have a leak at one or both of the air shocks.. The pump eventually shuts down automatically so it does not burn out from the continuous running..

You have a fuse that you can remove that will disable the pump, it may be referred to as ELC or autoride (i forgot what its called in the box), but it is in the underhood fuse block and it is one of those MAXI fuses.. I think it's a 40 AMP..

chemman14
04-12-08, 05:35 AM
so where do i look to check and see if there is a leak or the line is disconected?

DaveH28
04-12-08, 04:19 PM
All of the air suspension components are under the rear of the truck. You'll see an air line going into each rear shock and you can trace them back to see if they have any leaks... If it's something with one of the lines you can probably repair it but if it is leaking from the shock then you're gonna need a new shock.. see if the shocks have any tears/damage/bulges in them..

chemman14
04-12-08, 11:12 PM
here is a picture of my left (what i assume to be) air shock
is this what i am looking for? as you can see in the picture there is a 2 inch "gash" in the rubber but it is not a hole just a gash
so is this the right part to be looking at? if so could this be the cause of my problem?

Guyz1996deville
04-15-08, 02:24 PM
Put some soapy water in a bottle and start to spray. If there is a leak the bubbles will appear. Good luck. Check out gmparts direct for the parts...

chemman14
04-15-08, 03:40 PM
so that is the airbag that i took a picture of?

DaveH28
04-15-08, 08:01 PM
it's not really an air bag it's an air shock.. from the pic it looks like that is the air bladder section of the shock..