: Interior Treatments

DopeStar 156
05-25-04, 11:20 PM
The interior on my 89 Brougham d'Elegance is damn near perfect and I can tell that the previous owner really took care of it. I want to keep it looking like it does and I'd like to know the best way to do so. Does anyone on here have any methods of keeping it perfect? Also if you could name some products? Thanks.

MMNineInchNails
05-26-04, 01:30 AM
all condoms in general seem to keep things fairly cleaned up in the back.

Revoh
05-26-04, 12:13 PM
I thought my leather was perfect, but then I saddle soaped it, and it made it even better. Really softens things up. :)

DopeStar 156
05-27-04, 12:00 AM
all condoms in general seem to keep things fairly cleaned up in the back.
LOLOLOLOL!!!! Nice.

CaddylacBrougham
05-27-04, 12:38 PM
Hey I have an 87 brougham with black leather and I have one scratch and it annoys me. It is a light scratch and I would just like to know how to repair it if so how if not then thanks for your opinion

AElayyat
05-27-04, 02:45 PM
A good quality window tint job also helps (the darker the better for the big body caddys imo).

SMooTh87BRoughAM
05-27-04, 02:49 PM
Not to highjack the thread, but short of getting my 87 brougham reupholstered, do they sell kits?...
my other car is a 92 240sx/silvia and they sell "katskinz" seat cover kits. not the shitty quality ones like you see in autozone. but full- "Factory style" seat covers.
thanx

SMooTh87BRoughAM
05-30-04, 02:46 PM
ok, "86" that idea. i recently vacuumed, shanpooed and steam cleaned the seats and interior of my brougham, and now shes beautiful. When and if i ever get around to wanting to change the interior, i'll get it upholstered properly. but for now the interior looks great. i'm getting a new headliner in this week. and i wanna replace (or remove and clean better) the carpet and get new floor mats as well.

can anyone help me out in sourcing a navy blue carpet for my 87 brougham d'elegance (fleetwood)

also some oem optional, or good aftermarket floormats
thanx

RBraczyk
05-31-04, 10:54 PM
If the car is 10 years old or older, use armorall after you dust everything off, then wipe dry. Works pretty well. use paintbrushes and a california duster.

Atom
07-15-04, 11:01 PM
http://www.automotivecarpet.com/product/index_list/cadillac.html

This place sells caddy carpet and their prices aren't too bad either, i found another place but can't remember the name of the website, i will look for it and post back the site name, they only wanted $99.00 for molded carpet for a 92 sedan deville! hope this helps.

Atom
07-16-04, 05:25 AM
http://www.autoupholsterykit.com/CarpetsCadillac.html

Here's the other place, they want like $97.50 for molded carpet kits! check it out and let me know what you think. hopefully these will help you find some new carpet. i will personally order some from them when i get some extra cash, if any body has ordered from either of these 2 before please post and tell me about the quality please.

beemer2k
07-22-04, 01:03 PM
If the car is 10 years old or older, use armorall after you dust everything off, then wipe dry. Works pretty well. use paintbrushes and a california duster.
I have heard horrible things about Armorall... from auto upholsterers and detailers. I don't know if the new UV stuff is any better, but I haven't met a Meguires product I didn't like. I've used the duster for years. Great tool for cleaning between washes.

caddyfleetwoodca
07-28-04, 02:31 AM
armour all has silicone in it, if you don't want your vinyls to crack then don't use it. find a cleaner that doesn't have silicone in it. THE ONLY THING ARMOUR ALL IS GOOD FOR IS MAKING YOUR TIRES SHINEY.

RBraczyk
07-28-04, 08:57 AM
All im gonna say is armor all has kept my blazers dash in mint condition for 10 years and 280k miles.

brougham
07-28-04, 05:55 PM
You can't do much to avoid normal wear. Just keep it clean and it will stay looking good longer. Stay away from Aromrall if you want it to last. You can find a lot better things to use.