: My 07 Escalade is no longer a virgin

Salo
04-09-08, 09:35 PM
Well today was a bad day for Lola (yes, that's her name), I have waited for the first ding, and today she got more than a ding, 8 days short of her one year anniversary. A co-worker of my wife driving an 04 Escalade back into Lola as she was parked minding her own business. Luckly she hit the right front door at about trim hight with her rear left corner, I can't see any other damage. Questions for those that have been hit before, will they replace the door, or just the skin? Can I request an Escalade to drive while Lola is in the shop, or can the insurance co, stick me with a junky rental? The body shop most likely will enter this into carfax, will this affect the value, and can I do anything with the insurance co, to compensate for that? Thanks guys.

Salo
04-09-08, 09:55 PM
One question I forgot. Can I demand they use OEM parts?

nicolaasdb
04-10-08, 12:49 AM
I don't think that parking damage will show up in your carfax report.... and if they replace the part OEM... no one will never know or see or care! As long as it is done OEM!! I feel your pain...my lovely wife opened the escalade door (my cat is called Lola..I am serious,,,she is a hairless sphinx) and put a dent in my X5....I divorced her right away!! ....I hate dents and scratches... luckily the escalade is a replacement for the X5 and it goes back to the dealer at the end of the month...but still everytime i see the dent i get pissed (and it is a very little one!)

bodisnatcher
04-10-08, 07:53 AM
Get the repair estimate and see what the charges are. A new GM door shell is around $650.00 and the skin alone is around $300.00. Some body shops even give you the option to use junk yard parts if available. The last time I had damage like you described to a door, only the skin was replaced.

I doubt you could get an Escalade to drive while yours is being repaired but you can demand a vehicle similar in size.

Dewayne

hcvone
04-10-08, 07:56 AM
Depends on your body shop if the accident will show up or not, most dealerships doing the work will show up, but many small shops doing accident repairs never show up on CarFax. They should use new parts unless you want them to use used parts to save money. Sorry about your truck. :(