: Center diff/ transfer case help!!!

nyescalade
04-09-08, 05:39 PM
Another Diff. question here. I just changed rear and front diff fluids (on level ground) I went to check the center diff/Transfer case, so i took out the fill plug and fluid kept on coming out - I put the fill bolt back in. What should be the proper level? Is this another GM overfill? Oh it has 34k on it.
Thanks guys.

hcvone
04-10-08, 07:51 AM
It's been a while but I believe there are two plugs, a fill and a drain plug, it could be overfilled, it takes about 1 1/2 quarts, but if I remember correctly I had trouble getting a full quart in it after draining, probably because you can not get all the fluid completely out unless you take the unit apart.

luvmylade
04-11-08, 09:12 AM
I too did the transfer case awhile back look for tranfser case,I ended up draining 2.5 litres from the case and was only able to get 1.5 back in before it spewed out the fill hole, I was working on 04 lade,the factory tells you to not ovrfill anything but they go in turn and fill with to much themselves

hcvone
04-11-08, 09:55 AM
I too did the transfer case awhile back look for tranfser case,I ended up draining 2.5 litres from the case and was only able to get 1.5 back in before it spewed out the fill hole, I was working on 04 lade,the factory tells you to not ovrfill anything but they go in turn and fill with to much themselves

Believe me they under fill them too, I think that is why some of the front diffs fail so soon, I always check and or change them at the first oil change. :)