: Homebrewing? -- Anyone?

RunningOnEMT
04-09-08, 03:43 PM
Anyone here make their own beer/ciders?

I just picked up a new bewing kit, upgraded from a shitty little Mr. Beer keg fermenter to a real carboy/wartboiler setup.

Anyone have any good recipes they would like to share?

Florian
04-09-08, 05:11 PM
I brew at the local brewpub....they have a thriving operation in the back room where you can make your own beers (based on their recipes). I made a Belgian Trippel in Nov and still have 2 bottles left. You get 72-22oz bottles of beer when youre thru, about 13.5 gallons of beer....
I may have a problem....

F

DILLIGAF
04-09-08, 11:01 PM
I've been wanting to give that a try.The closest microbrewery is 40 miles from me.

RunningOnEMT
04-09-08, 11:48 PM
i can do 12.5 gal at a time now....

thinking of making a doppelbock first time round

if you're thinking of getting into it, and not ready for large scale stuff look at the 2.5 gallon Mr. Beer fermenter kegs, they make everything really easy, and you can always run more than one batch at a time

DILLIGAF
04-10-08, 12:18 AM
i can do 12.5 gal at a time now....

thinking of making a doppelbock first time round

if you're thinking of getting into it, and not ready for large scale stuff look at the 2.5 gallon Mr. Beer fermenter kegs, they make everything really easy, and you can always run more than one batch at a time
I hate buying stuff twice,going slightly big would be ok with me.Could you hook me up with some how to,where to links?Randy

RunningOnEMT
04-10-08, 12:53 AM
www.homebrew.com

i bought all my stuff here..... and you can buy kits from mrbeer.com just order multiple kits each onemakes 2.3 gallons

Florian
04-10-08, 12:16 PM
I prefer to have someone else invest in the stainless steel goodies....Ill just pony up my time and money for finished goods.

F

RunningOnEMT
04-10-08, 12:28 PM
i'd do that but there isnt a place around here like that

i spent a total of about 200 bucks ... 6.5 gallon carboys, a wart boiler, 2 fermenters, tubing to make a wart chiller, and all the gizmo tools

we'll see how well it works

RunningOnEMT
04-10-08, 12:29 PM
hey F

whats the place you go to called?

Florian
04-10-08, 03:20 PM
hey F

whats the place you go to called?

Here ya go, fella! http://www.thebrewkettle.com/ aka the Ringneck Brewery

F