: Third Row Seats

dciliberti
04-09-08, 08:20 AM
Just removed my 3rd row seats and started thinking, are they side specific? If they are how do you figure out which is left and which is right? I don't remember which I took out first and they are stacked in my garage.....Help

hcvone
04-09-08, 08:23 AM
I take mine out the day the trucks come home, my 3rd row has drink holders so they can only go in one way, not sure about the other 3rd option, check to see where the seat lever in the back is to fold them down

scroitoru
04-09-08, 10:37 AM
one and only one has two seat belts. the one in rear right of the car.

AWF_AXIS
04-09-08, 05:11 PM
It's easy to figure out because the shoulder belt mechanism at the top of the seat is always against the window of either side.

roccos_van
04-09-08, 05:14 PM
They wont fit if you try to put them on the wrong side...

SFX Group
08-15-08, 06:51 PM
I take mine out the day the trucks come home, my 3rd row has drink holders so they can only go in one way, not sure about the other 3rd option, check to see where the seat lever in the back is to fold them down

Ive just been looking at this, do the 3rd row come with cup holders (2 persons) then its an option to have the 3 seat version?

Many Thanks
Me

Stargazer
08-15-08, 08:02 PM
Ive just been looking at this, do the 3rd row come with cup holders (2 persons) then its an option to have the 3 seat version?

It's the other way around. The 3rd row has 3 seats but you have to option of getting just the two.

SFX Group
08-16-08, 12:19 AM
It's the other way around. The 3rd row has 3 seats but you have to option of getting just the two.

In what year was this, as 2008 codes only has one 3rd row seat option of 3 passengers (AS3) see here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/146197-2008-option-codes.html#post1592434

This would assume the 2 passenger is fitted new and you would need to change these to get the 3 passenger bench, do you have an option code for the 2 passenger seats with the center consoles on them?

Many Thanks
Ashley

nicolaasdb
08-16-08, 01:33 AM
3rd row has 3 seat belts...and you can only put them in one way....it is difficult to figure out.

Stargazer
08-16-08, 02:59 AM
In what year was this, as 2008 codes only has one 3rd row seat option of 3 passengers (AS3) see here http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/146197-2008-option-codes.html#post1592434

My 2008 brochure clearly states that "3rd row, 2-passenger, flip and fold 50/50 split folding bench seat with leather-appointed seating (removable) and additional cupholders" is an option. I actually saw those seats in person today in a 2007 Suburban, too.

I'm not sure of the option code because the printout that I got from the dealership for the ESV I was looking at didn't have that option, but it does show three possibilities: AL0, ARL, or AXP.

SFX Group
08-16-08, 07:41 AM
Interesting, there website doesnt have the 3rd row 2 seats with cup holders at all, it does have the 3rd row seats with 3 passengers with a tick in it.

So according to there website this is NOT an option, however it does show those seats in the internal pictures when looking at the truck.

Looks like there website is only 95% complete, this also explains other inconsistanceys like the RSE being 1 screen and 2 headsets only, not the 2 screens with 4 headsets as some say they have........ (yes i was looking at EXT not the standard)

Many Thanks
Me

hcvone
08-16-08, 07:50 AM
Interesting, there website doesnt have the 3rd row 2 seats with cup holders at all, it does have the 3rd row seats with 3 passengers with a tick in it.

So according to there website this is NOT an option, however it does show those seats in the internal pictures when looking at the truck.

Looks like there website is only 95% complete, this also explains other inconsistanceys like the RSE being 1 screen and 2 headsets only, not the 2 screens with 4 headsets as some say they have........ (yes i was looking at EXT not the standard)

Many Thanks
Me

Was deleted for 09', both on my 07' have the two seat third row with cup holders

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/137008-2009-escalade-changes.html

Stargazer
08-16-08, 11:28 AM
(yes i was looking at EXT not the standard)

Do you mean the ESV, not the EXT?

SFX Group
08-16-08, 12:18 PM
Do you mean the ESV, not the EXT?

Well spotted, ESV....

Many Thanks
Me

SFX Group
08-16-08, 12:21 PM
Was deleted for 09', both on my 07' have the two seat third row with cup holders

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/137008-2009-escalade-changes.html

That sorts that problem out then.... looks like it will be second hand by the time i find one (seen a few on eBay).

I prefer the 2 seats with cup holders, looks better...

Many Thanks
Me

hcvone
08-18-08, 09:17 AM
That sorts that problem out then.... looks like it will be second hand by the time i find one (seen a few on eBay).

I prefer the 2 seats with cup holders, looks better...

Many Thanks
Me

I told my dealer I did not care which 3rd row seats he ordered for me because I take them out the first day the truck come home, my dealer told me he liked these better. ;)

Stargazer
08-19-08, 11:02 AM
do you have an option code for the 2 passenger seats with the center consoles on them?

I found some additional information and I think the option code for the 3rd row two passenger is "(AW2) - Seats, third row 50/50 split-bench with leather-appointed seating."

As said earlier, this is option is available for 2007/2008, but NOT for 2009.

SFX Group
08-19-08, 02:46 PM
I found some additional information and I think the option code for the 3rd row two passenger is "(AW2) - Seats, third row 50/50 split-bench with leather-appointed seating."

As said earlier, this is option is available for 2007/2008, but NOT for 2009.

This is the cup holder ones, it would say it (i think i remember that), this is the one that can seat 3 people, the reason thats not listed is its standard fit and the new one is cloth i think and not leather with no option to change.

Many Thanks
Me

Stargazer
08-19-08, 06:54 PM
I was looking at GM's online ordering/reference guide site and looked up the option codes for each model year.

For 07/08, it showed two 3rd row benches with the exact same description, but two separate codes: AS3 and AW2. I know that AS3 was the 3-passenger bench because that's what the ESV I was shopping for had.

I made a guess that AW2 was the 2-passenger bench because I'm not aware of any other bench available except the 2-passenger one. Also, under the 2009 model year, AS3 is available but AW2 is not.

Oh, well :).