Lincoln
Honda
Oldsmobile
Mini
Nissan
Volkswagen
Volvo
Saab

In determining this, I thought of all the cars they've made since the 1960s, and how many of them I liked, and how many of them I didn't like. Some, for example Lincoln, made awesome cars back in the sixties and seventies, but for the last twenty five or so years, I haven't much liked their offerings. Then, some like VW, Volvo, Saab and Nissan have made cars I've liked for the last 10-15 years, but I don't like their older cars, etc etc. Then you have brands like Ferrari, Cadillac, and M-B, who's cars have interested me all the way back to the 1950's.

So what about you?

Submariner409
04-08-08, 10:14 PM
To paraphrase the Cadillac advert: "The car that returns the favor when I turn it on". No allegiance to any marque. A good motor vehicle is.

gdwriter
04-08-08, 10:29 PM
I'll break my favorites down by region:

American:

Chevrolet
Cadillac
Buick
Pontiac
Chrysler
Lincoln
OldsmobileEuropean

BMW
Volvo
Mercedes-Benz
Audi
Jaguar
VolkswagenJapanese

Honda
Mazda
Subaru
Nissan
LexusI don't know enough or care enough about the exotics.

hueterm
04-08-08, 10:42 PM
Cadillac
M-B (especially S-Class coupe)
Buick (especially Riviera)
Olds (especially Toronado)
Pontiac (especially Grand Prix pre 2003)

77CDV
04-08-08, 10:59 PM
Cadillac
Bentley
Rolls-Royce
Jaguar
Lincoln

Haven't seen anything else that consitently impresses me.

Playdrv4me
04-08-08, 11:16 PM
I think I'll just hit my top 10

Layperson Brands:
BMW
Cadillac
Land Rover
Audi
Jaguar
Mini
Mercdes-Benz
HUMMER
Jeep
Volkswagen

Exotic/Ultra-Luxury:
Ferrari
Aston-Martin
Rolls-Royce
Bentley
Bugatti
Porsche
Koenigsegg
McLaren
Lotus
Lamborghini

gary88
04-09-08, 12:05 AM
BMW
Ferrari
Porsche
Lamborghini
Cadillac

Jesda
04-09-08, 02:31 AM
Cadillac before 1980, after 1992

BMW before 2000

Mazda

Audi

dkozloski
04-09-08, 03:03 AM
LaSalle
Nash
Studebaker
Tucker
Kaiser
Frazer
Henry J
Hudson
Packard
Oldsmobile
DeSoto
Imperial
AMC
Willys
Graham
American Bantam
Crosley
Edsel
All defunct in my lifetime.

eldorado99
04-09-08, 06:59 AM
No, he said favorite...

LaSalle
Nash
Studebaker
Tucker
Kaiser
Frazer
Henry J
Hudson
Packard
Oldsmobile
DeSoto
Imperial
AMC
Willys
Graham
American Bantam
Crosley
Edsel

MauiV
04-09-08, 08:27 AM
I thought AMC would be at the top of that list.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
04-09-08, 09:25 AM
In no particular order:

Cadillac
Jaguar
Rolls Royce
Bentley
Aston Martin
TVR
Ford
Chevrolet

MauiV
04-09-08, 01:11 PM
Ferrari
Bugatti
Aston-Martin
Benz
Range Rover
Jaguar
Cadillac

I dont like Rice. At all.

AMGoff
04-09-08, 01:41 PM
Jeep/AMC
Cadillac
Buick
Chrysler
Jaguar
Dodge
Chevrolet
Oldsmobile
Saab
Saturn
Volvo
Mazda

orconn
04-09-08, 03:02 PM
While I am always open to something new and interesting from any manufacturer, I have owned or wished I had owned cars from the following companies and would buy a car from these makers (in order of preference):

Alfa Romeo
Cadillac
Lamborghini
Jaguar
Oldsmobile
Peugeot
Subaru
Pontiac

AMGoff
04-09-08, 03:07 PM
Balls... I forgot about Alphas - one of the few European makes I'd actually own and the only Italian one at that.

So yeah... add Alpha Romeo to my list as well!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 03:14 PM
Ooh, I forgot about all the European brands they don't import over here. AlFa Romeo would be a fun one too, if they had a more solid dealer network, and oh yeah, if they were more reliable.

orconn
04-09-08, 04:04 PM
I rate my Alfa 164L as the best all round car of all the cars I have owned. It was also the most reliable. The 164 was one of the very first cars to offer a 48 month "bumper to bumper" warranty. I had very few problems with it ..... a couple of switches for the seats (fixed first and only time under warranty). Electrics, usually the Achilles heal of European cars were trouble free in US version (can't speak for non-US cars) as the cars had mostly American electrical components, courtesy of Iacocca's attempted purchase of Alfa by Chrysler. I owned and used the car as my daily driver for 10 years and 80,000 miles and wish I still had it. The Alfa 164 was known by the cognoscenti to be the best sports sedan in the world .............. as one fellow put it "the best BMW money can buy!"

I have always liked to drive Alfas especially the 1600 Giulia ('66) and the Duetto and GT varieties of the '60 through '80's.

I owned a Lamborghini 350 GT and drove Espadas and Miuras on a regular basis during the seventies, but for shear "road fun" the Alfas were the best. I also drove, Astons, Ferraris, Maseratis and Mercedes SL's during this time and none of them were as much fun. The Jags of this era, which I also drove and owned in the 60's and 70's were "over" the hill by the early seventies. The XJS was a pile from day one ...... nothing but a poseur's car, they improved later but were just another car in the eighties.

EcSTSatic
04-09-08, 04:11 PM
Geesh guys, what's left?

MauiV
04-09-08, 04:12 PM
Oops, forgot DeTomaso.

LOVE the Pantera!!

orconn
04-09-08, 04:37 PM
The Pantera was really neat in its' own way ........ kind of an entry level exotic! Not very well engineered, to put it mildly! The De Tomaso Mangusta was a much better looking car, but also suffered from "involuntary offroad exploration" syndrome.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-09-08, 04:40 PM
Cadillac
Lincoln
Duesenburg (I love gigantic hoods)
AMC
Pontiac
Oldsmobile
Chevy
Dodge (60's-70's muscle cars only)
Ford (Crown Vic, Thunderbirds and F-250/350 only)

Just about anything between the 30's and the 60's I like. The styling of those eras was just gorgeous.

TSS
04-10-08, 09:37 PM
Strange that nobody even referenced Acura .

me:

Cadillac
Chevrolet (trucks/Impala SS)
Pontiac (performance models)
Lincoln
Acura

TSS
04-10-08, 09:42 PM
LaSalle
Nash
Studebaker
Tucker
Kaiser
Frazer
Henry J
Hudson
Packard
Oldsmobile
DeSoto
Imperial
AMC
Willys
Graham
American Bantam
Crosley
Edsel

Plymouth ?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-10-08, 09:47 PM
DeLorean?
Eagle?

Destroyer
04-10-08, 11:06 PM
Let's see, for me...

In order:
Cadillac
Mercedes-Benz
Ferrari
BMW
Bentley
Rolls Royce
Porsche
Lamborghini
Lexus
Aston Martin
Maserati
Audi
Buick
Lincoln
Honda
Oldsmobile
Mini
Nissan
Volkswagen
Volvo
Saab

In determining this, I thought of all the cars they've made since the 1960s, and how many of them I liked, and how many of them I didn't like. Some, for example Lincoln, made awesome cars back in the sixties and seventies, but for the last twenty five or so years, I haven't much liked their offerings. Then, some like VW, Volvo, Saab and Nissan have made cars I've liked for the last 10-15 years, but I don't like their older cars, etc etc. Then you have brands like Ferrari, Cadillac, and M-B, who's cars have interested me all the way back to the 1950's.

So what about you?Tata