Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Ornamentation

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  pompste 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever taken the cracked, brittle, opaque plastic off of the crests, repainted the crest and the applied an epoxy resin back over it? I peeled the plastic off of one of mine yesterday and it looked like an easy fix, but i was wondering if anyone else had tried and succeded with this. If so exactly what did you use to recoat and what did you use to match the original colors?

#6 ·
The price on the emblem will vary depending on who`s selling them on e-bay.I bought all mine at an "average" price of $20 each.If they even had them at a Cadillac dealer,they would charge at least $60 each.
I just kept checking e-bay 2-3 days a week,typed in "Cadillac emblems" when i wanted emblems,and typed in "Cadillac hood ornament" when i wanted a hood ornament.Some sellers will sell used emblems/ornaments for less than i paid.Most sellers will include a picture to show what condition the item is in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.