: Girls ambush another girl. Film it. Get arrested.

Jesda
04-08-08, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ff5WFFB_M

Its a little hard to watch. The girl in the gray shirt said some mean things on Myspace, so a bunch of cheerleaders invited her over and ambushed her. They wouldn't let her leave and knocked her unconscious. When she woke up they beat her some more. Two guys stood guard outside.

And the mothers of the cheerleaders think the girl deserved it.

The Tony Show
04-08-08, 04:06 PM
One more reason why my Son is being raised without the Internet. By the time it became part of our culture I had already formed my values and standards- far too many kids raised on a steady diet of YouTube and MySpace during their formative years are incredibly numb to fights, beatings, violence, swearing, graphic injuries and more.

I'm always shocked at the "Kid breaks his arm skateboarding" videos where after the injury, the camera-kid walks up for a closeup and continues to film instead of dropping the camera in horror to help his friend. It's a problem in our society- BIG TIME.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 04:11 PM
It really seemed as though things dropped off after the class of '05. ;)

The Tony Show
04-08-08, 04:20 PM
Class of '05

Dammit I'm old.....:(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 04:27 PM
I feel the same way whenever I'm near any high schoolers.

dkozloski
04-08-08, 04:31 PM
Psychopathic behavior originated with Cain and Abel.

The Tony Show
04-08-08, 04:47 PM
I feel the same way whenever I'm near any high schoolers.

Give it another 10 years or so. :lol:

Playdrv4me
04-08-08, 04:49 PM
That's hawt.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 04:56 PM
A bunch of Cheerleaders eh? Maybe they were filming an amateur remake of Debbie Does Dallas?....

Krashed989
04-08-08, 05:00 PM
It really seemed as though things dropped off after the class of '05. ;)

:true:

Hooray for class of 05! Woot!.... Now we just have to make sure those highschool dimwits dont become the future of this country... We'll just skip them maybe, and keep control untill the next generation when we're like this guy ==> :wisdom:

I just hope education doesn't continue it's spiral down the toilet.... Then, in skipping a generation, we'd be giving the world to even stupider people. Yikes!

Florian
04-08-08, 05:09 PM
this is what all those cheer-bitches need: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKCN3CSLZuI

NSFW: Language.

F

Rolex
04-08-08, 05:54 PM
I just hope education doesn't continue it's spiral down the toilet.... Then, in skipping a generation, we'd be giving the world to even stupider people. Yikes!

Now that's funny.

gary88
04-08-08, 05:58 PM
Everyone knows the class of '07 was the last of the great high school generations :dance:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 06:08 PM
Let's just say class of '05 was awesome, class of '06 was decent, class of '07 was almost as good as '05, and then after that it dropped like a Peter North load. (I told you Gary I'd have a PN reference coming soon, pun intended)

dkozloski
04-08-08, 06:18 PM
Everyone knows the class of '07 was the last of the great high school generations :dance:
It was the class of '57.

gary88
04-08-08, 06:18 PM
Actually the class of '05 at my school was pretty damn cool.

Krashed989
04-08-08, 06:42 PM
Now that's funny.

Yet kinda scary huh? Hahaha

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 06:48 PM
It was the class of '57.

No shit? That was the year my dad was born. Which puts you at 1939, so you're about the same age as my great uncle Duane. :yup:

Red_October_7000
04-08-08, 07:08 PM
Psychopathic behavior originated with Cain and Abel.

And Koz nails it again. There is NOTHING new about this sort of shit. The only thing that's changed is that in today's day and age we know about it, and quickly. We've been being phenomenally cruel to one another since we crawled out of the sea. The only thing that's new is the desire to have our noses in everyone else's affairs, and when you think of it that's just another form of cruelty.

CadillacSTS42005
04-08-08, 10:55 PM
Class of 05 here too...

Brizzal
04-09-08, 01:04 AM

x2 :2thumbs:

Jesda
04-09-08, 05:45 AM
2000. I bridged two centuries. I'm not so fond of the 21st though.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
04-09-08, 09:35 AM
I've no idea what the back story is to the girl in grey, but I found myself wishing she'd grab one of the glass items on that shelf and hit one of them across the head with it, or even better across the face. A permanent facial scar would ruin their lives as they're obviously too dumb to rely on anything else.
I mean, people who assault someone and film themselves doing it (and even post it on the internet) must be the stupidest people on earth. How do they not fall down more?

Destroyer
04-09-08, 09:47 AM
One more reason why my Son is being raised without the Internet. By the time it became part of our culture I had already formed my values and standards- far too many kids raised on a steady diet of YouTube and MySpace during their formative years are incredibly numb to fights, beatings, violence, swearing, graphic injuries and more.

I'm always shocked at the "Kid breaks his arm skateboarding" videos where after the injury, the camera-kid walks up for a closeup and continues to film instead of dropping the camera in horror to help his friend. It's a problem in our society- BIG TIME.
Absolutely right!. I cant believe the parents of the cheerleaders condoned this. If that was my daughter getting beat up, regardless of what she wrote on my space or whatever, there would be a follow-up video of a man named Destroyer kicking the everloving sh*t out of a bunch of cheerleaders.:bomb:

The Tony Show
04-09-08, 10:21 AM
And Koz nails it again. There is NOTHING new about this sort of shit. The only thing that's changed is that in today's day and age we know about it, and quickly. We've been being phenomenally cruel to one another since we crawled out of the sea. The only thing that's new is the desire to have our noses in everyone else's affairs, and when you think of it that's just another form of cruelty.

While I agree humans have always treated each other like dirt, the difference today is desensitization. When I was 8, I snuck a viewing of a horror movie on HBO where a guy's eyes popped out of his head- it was stupid puppet effect with no blood or anything, but it gave me nightmares. Today's 9 year old sees worse than that on CSI or Heroes during dinner hour and is completely nonplussed. The first fight I got into, I was nauseous afterward because my brain knew that hitting another person was wrong- these kids not only wail away on each other with no regard, but delight in videotaping it and posting it online.

Kids don't get a chance to be kids anymore. There's something seriously wrong with how soon they have access to blood and guts, fighting and swearing. The sooner they see it, the sooner it becomes "normal" to them.

CadillacGurl
04-09-08, 11:59 AM
There's an article about it in the Red Eye paper here. http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/red-sns-ap-teen-beating,0,6627126.story

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Eight teenagers have been arrested on charges alleging they beat another teen in an "animalistic attack" so they could make a videotape to post on YouTube.

Seven of them remained in juvenile detention Tuesday, authorities said. A boy who was charged as an adult had been released on bail.

Victoria Lindsay was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home, authorities said.

One of the girls struck the 16-year-old victim on the head several times and then slammed her head into a wall, knocking her unconscious, according to an arrest report.

Later, according to a clip of the video that was released by the Polk County sheriff's office, the teens can be seen blocking a door and hitting Victoria.

"It's absolutely an animalistic attack," Sheriff Grady Judd said Tuesday on NBC's "Today." "They lured her into the home for express purpose of filming the attack and posting it on the Internet."

Victoria's father, Patrick Lindsay, said the teens intended to post the video on the video-sharing Web site YouTube.

Christina Garcia, mother of one of the defendants, said her daughter had turned the tape over to police.

The sheriff's office said that after the attack, three of the teens forced the victim into a vehicle and drove her to another location, where she was told she would be given a worse beating if she contacted police.

All eight suspects were arrested April 2 and charged with battery and false imprisonment. The three teens who took Lindsay to the second location are also charged with felony kidnapping.

Lindsay was treated for a concussion, damage to her left eye and left ear, and numerous bruises, police said.

Kev
04-09-08, 01:17 PM
Moral relativism and failed parenting at work here smells like to me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 01:22 PM
Is there a mud pit involved?

Kev
04-09-08, 02:59 PM
Nope, just plain meanness and a shameless desire for infamy.

RunningOnEMT
04-09-08, 04:28 PM
the girls deserved every single thing they got in terms of charges, i hope they get the book thrown at them.

Like tony said kids are desensitized to violence, don't realize there is anything wrong with it anymore.

I know they will plea bargain their way out of it, but good god would i love to see them do time for this.

The Tony Show
04-09-08, 05:34 PM
I pray for the type of Judge who believes in "Setting Examples". The MySpace generation needs to be put on notice that they're becoming barbaric.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 06:05 PM
Judge Judy FTW.

orconn
04-09-08, 06:18 PM
I think re-instating the draft would go a long way toward re-introducing "reality" to youth. A lot of good things came out of mandatory military service ......... except that this time there should be no exceptions, no political or class privilege exemptions, i.e. everyone serves both male and female. Yeh. kids, meet knew people from all over, learn a craft of trade while your learning the civility necessary for living in close proximity to others....... and learning a new concept "you are not the most important one."

gary88
04-09-08, 06:20 PM
If only Judge Constance Harm from The Simpsons was real...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-09-08, 06:22 PM
I think re-instating the draft would go a long way toward re-introducing "reality" to youth. A lot of good things came out of mandatory military service ......... except that this time there should be no exceptions, no political or class privilege exemptions, i.e. everyone serves both male and female. Yeh. kids, meet knew people from all over, learn a craft of trade while your learning the civility necessary for living in close proximity to others....... and learning a new concept "you are not the most important one."

Screw that. I am all for the military service, but when I join I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of dickwads complaining that their too rich to be there. You should earn the uniform, not be forced to wear it.

Jesda
04-09-08, 07:11 PM
We should just draft Corolla owners.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 07:23 PM
Or send them to Gulags. You can have your own Jesda, we'll call it "Gulati Gulag".

Red_October_7000
04-09-08, 09:05 PM
The Draft??? Conscription of troops is a bad idea. Some of my best friends have been soldiers and none of them would want to serve next to, or trust their life to, a conscript. You want people in the military who want to be there. You don't want people who have been forced into service protecting you. That's just the way it is.

As to people being "desensitized" to violence, that's been the mantra of the anti-media types since there was media. If you're raising your kids propperly it doesn't matter what they watch for entertainment so long as they understand it's entertainment. Sound parenting wins out over television and the internet any day of the week. Letting the TV raise the kids will produce antisocial animals more often than not. Simply denying a media source is a cop-out to dealing with reality. If you tell your kids "no" then they'll want to get it all the more, and they'll get it elsewhere. Sitting them down and dealing with issues soundly is the way to go.

The Tony Show
04-09-08, 10:48 PM
I agree, but by the time he's a teenager then even the cheapest cell phones will be able to access MySpace and the like, and it's just not going to happen in my house. I survived without it, and so can he. Call me Puritanical, but the Internet has brought about the biggest social change in the history of our country, and likely the world. List of allowed sites on my computer will be dictionaries, encyclopedias, news, sports and acceptable entertainment- anonymous social networking is destroying interpersonal relationships.

Oh yeah- they just arrested another 12 pedophiles in Florida who thought they were going to have sex with a 7 year old (who was really a cop). :rolleyes: People might have always been shitty to each other, but they certainly didn't have the ability to lure kids into meeting them under the guise of being another kid on chat or MySpace. It's certainly easier than cruising the playgrounds in a rickety van, wouldn't you say?

I'm as far from anti-media as they get, but that doesn't change the horrific decline in standards that has befallen TV, or the total LACK of any standards or censorship on the Internet.

gary88
04-09-08, 10:54 PM
anonymous social networking is destroying interpersonal relationships.

I completely agree with that. Nothing positive has ever happened because of Myspace.

Murphyg
04-09-08, 11:12 PM
The continuing travesty is that they wont get the book thrown at them.
They will be off on there merry ways soon enough. And seeing as the parents dont have a problem with what there children have done.........Its not as though there will be any discipline at home either.
There may be a little bit of discipline at home. Along the lines of how they have embarrassed the parents. And next time dont be so stupid as to get caught !

Its not the internet, (as mentioned earlier), that has created these kind of individuals. Without a doubt its the parents.
They openly condoned it and stated the victim deserved what she got ??

If that is truly the case. Then I believe the parents should be charged as well.
Or.......the parents of the victim have all the right to do the same thing to the parents of the accused. Cause according to the parents of the accused...Thats the way society is and its acceptable..............Beat someone just enough not to kill them for saying something you didnt like......and its acceptable.

Dont blame the internet for the ills of the children. Blame the parents.

If anything. Praise the internet for the evidence that will be in court. But I guess could also say, to praise the parents for raising such stupid kids that they would put it on the internet.....

Stupid is as stupid does

The Tony Show
04-09-08, 11:44 PM
Parents are massively to blame, but I believe they should be blamed for letting their kids get involved in conflicts on MySpace that led to the idea to post a beating on YouTube. If the kids weren't on MySpace and constantly seeing "chick fight" videos on YouTube then neither would have happened. Giving your kids free reign of the Internet is like dropping them off in a seedy neighborhood in the middle of the night.

The fact remains that the Internet was not one, but TWO of the driving factors behind this incident. Also, the video evidence was taken off the camcorder of one of the assailants, not the Internet. The video was confiscated after the victim called the police.

Red_October_7000
04-09-08, 11:44 PM
As much as I hate MySpace I don't think there should be censorship on the internet or anywhere else. Just like I hate the Catholic Church and would gleefully cheer its destruction, I don't advocate it, because as much as I hate it, I respect its right to be. I believe in freedom first and foremost, freedom of speech, of religion, and of information. As Voltaire said, "Though I may not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it". This is the world we live in, for better or worse, and we must live in it, rather than attempt to crawl in a hole and pretend it's not out there; that's only going to make it worse. There was a quote from a video game, of all places, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, that I thought was absolutely great: "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

The Tony Show
04-09-08, 11:49 PM
I am the master of my child until they're an adult. My parents had the same attitude, and I'm a prosperous, productive member of society because of it. I heard the phrase "My roof, my rules" many times in my youth, and while I hated them for it at the time, I now realize why they did it- because as a child, I was too dumb to know what was best for me.

I don't believe in censoring the Internet, but I believe in limiting the access of those emotional unequipped to handle the content and risks involved.

Red_October_7000
04-10-08, 12:27 AM
I am the master of my child until they're an adult. My parents had the same attitude, and I'm a prosperous, productive member of society because of it. I heard the phrase "My roof, my rules" many times in my youth, and while I hated them for it at the time, I now realize why they did it- because as a child, I was too dumb to know what was best for me.

I don't believe in censoring the Internet, but I believe in limiting the access of those emotional unequipped to handle the content and risks involved.

And in doing so you only teach him that you are right because you are more powerful. Chairman Mao said that all power stems from the barrel of a loaded gun -and in a way he was right, but as soon as the gun is turned away the power is gone and he on whom it was held is filled with a righteous fury. Better to have him learn how horrible and rough a place the world is, and teach him how to deal with it, than hide the facts from him and have it surprise him one day, possibly in a jail cell, like no doubt happened to those dumb fvcks who made that tape, who thought they were right because they were the stronger ones, and thought they had safety and power in their numbers. It is much better to have the power that come from respect than the kind that comes from fear, because if someone fears you he'll slit your throat while you sleep, and if he respects you he'll protect you from those who'd seek to slit your throat. (I don't mean to suggest you kid'll kill you; I'm just making a point... that said I've know a few screwed up kids who did contemplate just that!)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-10-08, 12:41 AM

My parents are the same way. I grew up the way they grew up, and my parents grew up in a very low income household. Since I got my first job at 16 the only thing I get from them is food and housing. I'm getting nothing for free.

I also agree that the biggest problem with kids today is the parents. Several times a day I see people shopping at Wal-Mart around 9:30-10:00 with kids well under the age of 10. When I was little my bed time was 7:30, no if ands or buts about it. They absolutly refused to buy me the stuff they sell at the checkout lines, so I learned that it wasn't going to happen and never whined or cried about it. If you reward the kid once, they are just going to keep begging and whining every time you go in there.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
04-10-08, 07:51 AM
First off, it's not MySpace's fault any more than it's "the internet" fault, the phone systems fault or the fault of the camcorder manufacturer.

All these things contributed to what we and other people saw online, without them we wouldn't have seen it.

Blaming a technology (eg the Internet) is just a ploy to deflect attention from bad parenting.
We live in a society todqay that likes it to be someone else's fault. We must find blame and it must not be the parents. God forbid anyone questions a parent...

The internet is not to blame for pedophiles being able to pick up 7 year olds, it's the fault of the parents who make it easy by letting their 7 year old use the net unaccompanied, often in their own bedroom with no-one around, and even buy them a friggin web cam. The internet should be compared to a second "world", would you let your child roam the streets of this world unaccompanied? Heck most parents wont let their kids walk to school even if it's a block away, they drive them in case there are "bad people" around. But the internet is fine apparently....

And it's certainly not MySpace's job to vet what users upload. Censorship is a terrible thing, because as soon as you let it start there is no end to it.

Rolex
04-10-08, 09:18 AM

You make it sound like day camp.

North Korea subscribes to this same school of thought. :suspect:

The Tony Show
04-10-08, 09:24 AM
You guys seem to be misunderstanding me- I've said multiple times that I don't agree with censorship of the Internet, but I DO believe in parents making wise decisions in where they let their children hang out. I like your analogy of "another world", and it's exactly why I said what I did a few posts ago:

Giving your kids free reign of the Internet is like dropping them off in a seedy neighborhood in the middle of the night.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
04-10-08, 02:31 PM
I agree with you.

Kids have been bullied and beaten by other kids for years, but it was largely a "hidden crime" which many schools and parents denied.
While video phones and so on have brought it out in the open, to the increased humiliation of the victim, at least it makes it harder to ignore/deny.

Without the camera these 8 girls would have gotten away with it...

Brett
04-10-08, 03:23 PM
Charged as adults, kidnapping for all, which means up to life

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr/10/8-teens-be-tried-adults-polk-beating-case/

Brett
04-10-08, 03:25 PM
check out this blog, has a screen cap from one of the girls myspace pages from 2 days ago. ugh, that will come back to haunt her

http://www.wang-tastic.blogspot.com/

gary88
04-10-08, 04:00 PM
check out this blog, has a screen cap from one of the girls myspace pages from 2 days ago. ugh, that will come back to haunt her

http://www.wang-tastic.blogspot.com/

Every day I lose just a little more hope for our future

The Tony Show
04-10-08, 04:03 PM
:yeah: :nono:

The message on her MySpace page is sad. "F*** you, I'm famous"? Wow.

Sinister Angel
04-10-08, 06:30 PM
Yeah, umm, I'll be teaching my kids combatives. If the schools want to bitch when some punk gets his ass beat, I'll deal with it at that point...

dqw1
04-10-08, 08:03 PM
Those girls, if you can call them that, will get off with hardly any punishment. Watch and see.

Brett
04-10-08, 08:15 PM
we'll see, its pretty major down here.

Brett
04-10-08, 08:18 PM
The civil suits that are sure to come will bankrupt all 8 of those families as well.

Murphyg
04-10-08, 08:23 PM
Those girls, if you can call them that, will get off with hardly any punishment. Watch and see.

Hopefully the prosecutors have seen that last blog. With that being shown in court, there is at least a chance she will get harsher than the others.

Is really mind boggling that she would post that after all that has happened.

That saying about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks is false. But after reading that blog......:thepan:.......Is apparent that some people are even dumber than an old dog. That is really sad.

Again have to ask ?? Where were the parents when she went and posted that ??
Im guessing that they were standing beside her helping with the spelling LOL .

Stupid is as stupid does :thumbsup:

Murphyg
04-10-08, 08:25 PM
The civil suits that are sure to come will bankrupt all 8 of those families as well.

Hopefully some kind of precedent will be set.

93DevilleUSMC
04-13-08, 12:16 PM
Yeah, umm, I'll be teaching my kids combatives. If the schools want to bitch when some punk gets his ass beat, I'll deal with it at that point...

Good for you, man. That girl shouldn't have just stood there and taken a beating from these demons.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-13-08, 03:21 PM
My dad always taught me to stand up for myself if someone starts a fight, but never start one yourself.

I have to admit though, and I'm not proud of this. I once filmed my friend getting his ass beat by a girl and posted it on Youtube. Here, see for yourself.
P1ICc40PfAE

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

JTraik
04-13-08, 04:37 PM
I had seen this video when it first came out and only heard bits and pieces of it since then. With no current knowledge of the situation as of last night, I was arguing with people saying that these kids should be tried as adults since they made very "adult-like" decisions... cornering and severely beating down... sounds more like a mugging than a schoolyard fist-fight. Now that I know they are being tried as adults I am satisfied. There are no words that can justify what was done to this girl...

Rolex
04-13-08, 06:01 PM
I had seen this video when it first came out and only heard bits and pieces of it since then. With no current knowledge of the situation as of last night, I was arguing with people saying that these kids should be tried as adults since they made very "adult-like" decisions... cornering and severely beating down... sounds more like a mugging than a schoolyard fist-fight. Now that I know they are being tried as adults I am satisfied. There are no words that can justify what was done to this girl...

Kidnapping and a severe beating resulting in great bodily harm is good enough reason in my book to try them as an adult. It's said that the whole lot of them had ZERO remorse in their jail cell. They were all laughing and carrying on and were joking about having to miss school and cheerleading practice the next day. One of the main chicks doing the beating even posted "FU I'd do it again" and "I'm famous" on her myspace page after their arrest.

I say throw the book at'em.

Spyder
04-13-08, 06:24 PM
I'd throw something either a lot heavier and sharper...or a lot more explosive...at them than a book!

Jesda
04-13-08, 10:27 PM
In prison they'll be forced to reenact 8girls1cup (bucket?)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-13-08, 11:17 PM
All female, prison forced bukkake.

Sinister Angel
04-14-08, 10:25 AM
Oh check this shit out!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351022,00.html

Rolex
04-14-08, 10:32 AM
I can't stand Dr. Phil. He's not much better then Jerry Springer IMB.

Red_October_7000
04-14-08, 02:17 PM
I can't stand Dr. Phil. He's not much better then Jerry Springer IMB.

IMHO he's worse than Springer -I don't think anyone goes on Springer expecting serious resolution to their problem, but Dr. Phil is a psychological scammer who plays on people in bad situations and uses them for cheap entertainment.

The Tony Show
04-14-08, 04:22 PM
...and is not even a real "Doctor". :suspect: