: Just bought new Escalade 2008, need advice!

dxb78
04-08-08, 08:27 AM
Hi all, this is my first post...another new Escalade owner :thumbsup:

I just bought new Escalade yesterday...big change for me from BMW 745Li to Escalade...i need to get used to it, really big car.

Im planning to change it from family look car to more agressive look with bigger rims and dual exsuast for the first plan.

I appreciate if you lead me to best rims size (24 or 26?) that fits the car without causing any problem or required additional parts. Also dual exsuast but not too noisy :eek:

I would love to lower with bigger rims, butlowering the car will terminate dealer warranty?

appreciate your help :thumbsup:

This is my car :bouncy:
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/6234756374.jpg

hcvone
04-08-08, 11:36 AM
I fixed your link. :) Welcome and congrats on your new truck. :) Any exhaust will be louder than stock, but we do it anyway. ;) I like the look of the 24's the best when compared to 22's, 24's and 26's, but like anything that is just my opinion, note that if you drive on rough roads like in the Northeast the larger the wheels the worse the ride is going to be. :)

ksilk
04-08-08, 06:41 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I have the exact same one and I went with 24 inch rims. With 26 you will probably have a lot of rubbing and will need to do some cutting of the well. Because the wells are so much bigger on the new Escalade I had it lowered by the dealership so that it would be covered under warranty. The down side to that was that it was probably twice as expensive as it would be getting it done somewhere else.

GM-4-LIFE
04-08-08, 07:01 PM
AWESOME MY FRIEND! CONGRATS! I must say that Escalade is beautiful!

I am also really impressed by the look AND SIZE of the Cadillac dealership's indoor showroom where you purchased your new Escalade from. That place looks state of the art with a ton of room to park new Cadillacs!

SG

dxb78
04-09-08, 05:25 AM
I fixed your link. :) Welcome and congrats on your new truck. :) Any exhaust will be louder than stock, but we do it anyway. ;) I like the look of the 24's the best when compared to 22's, 24's and 26's, but like anything that is just my opinion, note that if you drive on rough roads like in the Northeast the larger the wheels the worse the ride is going to be. :)

Thanks hcvone :) I heard that from my friends too..they told me 24' looks the best....thanks for your advice :)

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I have the exact same one and I went with 24 inch rims. With 26 you will probably have a lot of rubbing and will need to do some cutting of the well. Because the wells are so much bigger on the new Escalade I had it lowered by the dealership so that it would be covered under warranty. The down side to that was that it was probably twice as expensive as it would be getting it done somewhere else.

Thanks ksilk, I guess I will look for 24'...thanks for your advice.

AWESOME MY FRIEND! CONGRATS! I must say that Escalade is beautiful!

I am also really impressed by the look AND SIZE of the Cadillac dealership's indoor showroom where you purchased your new Escalade from. That place looks state of the art with a ton of room to park new Cadillacs!

SG

Thank you AERO1, this is Dubai's dealership. New showroom..it's really huge.

-------------------------------------

Any advice on exhaust brand?

hcvone
04-09-08, 08:16 AM
Great dealership and in Dubai's, look at Corsa or B&B for exhausts. ;)

Palomar9
04-09-08, 05:59 PM
SuperBuyTires does a lot of business with mid-east locations. Huge selection of wheels. Ask for Joe. Located in LA area.

There's like 580 rims in 24"
http://superbuytires.com/v/Cadillac/Escalade/2008/?diameter=24

dxb78
04-10-08, 01:38 AM
Great dealership and in Dubai's, look at Corsa or B&B for exhausts. ;)

Thanks hcvone...:)

SuperBuyTires does a lot of business with mid-east locations. Huge selection of wheels. Ask for Joe. Located in LA area.

There's like 580 rims in 24"
http://superbuytires.com/v/Cadillac/Escalade/2008/?diameter=24

580 rims :bulging: ...thanks Palomar9 :)

Palomar9
04-11-08, 11:53 AM
580 rims...thanks Palomar9

OK, buddy. If you go with SuperBuy, let me know how it works out. They're just down the street from me here. I bought a set for my 2003 Tahoe there a few years back. Was very happy with the purchase.

txlaw2002
05-16-08, 04:39 AM
I agree that 24's look the best. By the way I'll take your 22's when you do get the 24's. :):):)

txlaw2002
05-16-08, 04:53 AM
As far as exhaust, it depends on how loud you want to go. For example, flowmaster makes several different models Fm 70 which is deeper than factory to 40 series which will sound like a dragster. Each brand gibson, magnaflow,corsa etc will have the different models that range for tame to wild. Fyi you may want to consider how loud you want it to be inside, while you drive. some can be so loud that you can't hold a conversation or hear the radio.

dubz1
05-17-08, 12:15 PM
My opinion -- Go with the bigger 26" rims. You will be happy you did down the road. I've learned this with TV's, wheels and other things. There is very minimal modification that needs to be done and nothing the average person cant do.

Like other people suggest here........get the Predator and an Intake system -- I was not a believer until I got mine -- well worth it.

I have the exact same truck as you and I just ordered 26's from SuperBuy. Ill post pics as soon as I get them and you can be the judge.