Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Buddy found me a 5.7L

507 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mharker 
#1 ·
So I call up my car buddy to tell him I called on an ad for a 92 Brougham today. 5.7L, true wires, white on white, only 50K miles but with some issues like minor rust, couple small dents, broken ornament etc. It's way overpriced at $6500 but I figured I'd go look at it maybe just to give seller an education and a low ball bid.

Then my pal one ups me... and then some! Tells me he just bought a 1991 5.7L with 75K miles (showing). White with red leather, also true wires, solid body. Only issue is one dented front corner. Him being the ultimate stink bid negotiator picks it up for $600! Oh yeah battery was dead and he doesn't know yet if it runs but figured he'd take his chances at that price. He's a licenced mechanic and he or one of his pals will get it running.

I actually bought my 68 from him 10 years ago. Similar situation... he bought it for $500, got it running nice and sold it to me for his cost and no labor ($2500). Then I restored it. He gets bored of things fast and I have a feeling if I want this 5.7L he'll sell it to me for whatever he has in it just so he can enjoy watching me fix it up.

Is that a score or what? I think I found the original ad he called and unfortunately it's only a thumbnail. Check it out.

'

I've been holding out for a top-dollar perfect car with no issues. But this project sure is tempting for the money.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.