: Help 08 22" Wheels on my 06

nit78
04-07-08, 03:38 PM
I bought a set of brand new factory 22" Chrome Escalade Wheels and tires from my friend who upgraded to 26's. Anyways I have mounted these onto my 06 and Tire pressure monitor light came on.

I have tried the process of letting the air out and putting air in and it doesnt work.

Any suggestions if I can get the sensors from the 08 wheels to work on my truck.

JD001249
04-08-08, 08:04 AM
Can you not use the sensors that were in your factory tires? That is what I did when I upgraded to 22's.

hcvone
04-08-08, 08:15 AM
Many times letting the air out method does not work, I know there has been several changes in the pressure sensors from 06' to 08', in fact in just 07' alone there were three different pressure sensors used. The dealer with their Tech II Tool should be able to set them, or any tire shop with a pressure sensor reset tool. What area are you in? I have a reset tool if you are in the Phila area. :)

DaveH28
04-12-08, 08:15 PM
You can not use the tire sensors from an 07 or an 08 in your 06.

You must either take the sensors out of your original wheels and install them in the 08 22" wheels (you can do this with no problem, that's what I'm running on my 04 EXT).. or you can buy a new set of 06 model year style sensors (05's may work too on that one)

No amount of programming, etc will allow the other sensors to program to your truck, it is a waste of time. Your truck will only recognize the sensors designed for your model year

Its a shame that they change the tire sensors almost every year.. they all perform the same function but it makes compatibility issues like this where you can't swap wheels from certain model years

hcvone
04-13-08, 07:20 AM
The made the change from the aluminum pressure sensors to the rubber and brass units because after a few years the aluminum ones fail, there were 3 changes in just 07' alone.