: Does anyone know when 2009 Escalade changes/updates will be announced?

GM-4-LIFE
04-07-08, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know when 2009 Escalade changes/updates will be announced?

I thought it was sometime in April and GM ordering opens up in May.

Any insider info?

SG

caddycruiser
04-08-08, 10:55 PM
The ordering guides are to be posted in full next Monday, the 14th. Some have already been put up for a few GM models, but that was the last published date. They will be here, when they are up:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm

Of course, dealers will get the same information at the same time and most should already have "preview" data of all the specs on their systems--a dealer on another board already posted '09 Tahoe information he got like this from his system.

But yes, look for Monday. Then ordering starts May'ish.

hcvone
04-09-08, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the update. :)

GM-4-LIFE
04-09-08, 12:17 PM
caddycruiser,

Thank you very much for the info!

SG

Krug Ford
04-09-08, 01:35 PM
I can fax you a complete list of all changes..

SG

GM-4-LIFE
04-09-08, 03:24 PM

SG

Scott,

As always you deliver when you make promises and that is why I plan to go with you.

Thank you again.

I will have the fax any minute now!

SG

GM-4-LIFE
04-09-08, 04:02 PM
Scott,

I received the fax. Thank you once again! I know all the 2009 Escalade fans will be pleased with the updates and changes to the standard and options list.

SG

caddycruiser
04-09-08, 04:03 PM

SG

Just as expected, dealers already have the "preview" on their systems.

Just like a Chevy dealer had posted, in full detail, everything in regards to the '09 Tahoe he took from Dealerworld a couple of weeks back. And also as Cadillac Tony already just posted here on the board;)

GM-4-LIFE
04-09-08, 04:23 PM
Here is a complete list of updates and changes to 2009 Escalade:

UPDATES:

AWD and 2WD Hybrid models
AWD and 2WD Escalade and ESV Platinum Edition (ULT); implemented fourth quarter of 2008 model year

(L9H) Vortec 6.2L Variable Value Timing V8 SFI engine

(E85) FlexFuel capability

Magnetic ride control suspension on vehicles with 22" wheels.

Side Blind Zone Alert

Power-Tilt Steering Wheel

Express-Up window feature

Bluetooth phone interface capability through OnStar

(UBS) XM NavTraffic

Next Generation OnStar navigation downloads to onboard navigation system

(394) Light Cashmere interior with Cocoa seats

(12U) Black Cherry (January-March 2008)

CHANGES:

(U3R) Audio system w/navigation now standard

(UVC) Rearview camera system now standard

Temperature and compass move from inside rearview mirror to Driver Information Center (DIC)

Front seat head restraints change from 4-way adjustability to 2-way

Second row headrests change to Protein Vinyl

Third Row center seat changes to Protein Vinyl

AWD Escalade GVWR changes from 7100 lbs. to 7300 lbs.

2WD Escalade GVWR changes from 7000 lbs. to 7100 lbs.

RGAWR changes from 4100 lbs. to 4200 lbs.

DELETIONS:

(304) Cocoa/Very Light Cashmere Interior

(AW2) 2-passenger third row seating (Escalade and Escalade ESV)

(YQ3) AM/FM/XM stereo with CD/DVD/MP3 player

(L92) Vortec 6.2L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI engine

hcvone
04-09-08, 05:46 PM
There is a sticky thread up top. :)

roccos_van
04-09-08, 06:11 PM
I wonder if we could retro the bluetooth module? That would be great...

GM-4-LIFE
04-09-08, 06:53 PM
I wonder if we could retro the bluetooth module? That would be great...

That would be cool, but I doubt GM will spend tons of money to make it a retroactive plug and play deal.

The new changes are really nice. It is so good to see GM trying to compete with the other luxury SUVs in the industry.

SG

hcvone
04-10-08, 09:03 AM
Just wonder what some of these options will push the list price to of a platinum model, probably 83k plus on a standard model

GM-4-LIFE
04-10-08, 11:38 AM
Just wonder what some of these options will push the list price to of a platinum model, probably 83k plus on a standard model

hcvone,

You can bet that the standard price will be $2K-$5K higher since they are making some expensive options standard across the board.

The Platinum Escalade is nice, but not that nice! $80K for a Platinum Escalade is retarded, especially with the state of the economy and gas prices the way they are. I am sure in a year you will see fully loaded Platinum Escalades going for $10K or more off MSRP and dealers will still be sitting on them. It's just too much money for a low demand vehicle.

The lease rate has to be really good on the Platinum Escalade for me to jump on it. I like the Platinum grill, LED headlamps and wheels. I can install the Platinum grill and Platinum wheels on a standard Escalade to get the look I want without having to pay $80K-$85K for a Platinum Escalade. I can live without the LED headlamps and the ugly turd brown interior. I hope GM makes the LED headlamps standard on all Escalades to give it a distinct look and advantage over other SUVs on the road. The more LED headlamps they install, the less it will cost them.

SG

hcvone
04-10-08, 01:01 PM
SG, not sure which of the 2009 things listed will be standard and which will be options, we know the magnetic ride will be an option for sure, maybe everything else will be standard except maybe the blind spot warning, I guess you get slapped in the head if you try to change lanes while there is another car there. But with Nav being standard you know you are probably looking at 5k over the price now, which is already over the price of the same equiped Navigator of almost 8k, and the platinum will be 20k plus over that, of course I look for them to increase price when they move up the to 425 hp. Maybe it's me but I just could not pay 85k for an Escalade the way they are built today, I really never thought my 07's at 66k were worth over 60k, and of course that is all I paid, put in a nicer leather seat, change the grill and add 20k to 25k to the price for a platinum? It must be me, and now the small amount of leather that was in the 3rd row seats will now be all vinyl, that's worth more money. :(

hcvone
04-10-08, 01:03 PM
hcvone,

$80K for a Platinum Escalade is retarded, especially with the state of the economy and gas prices the way they are. I am sure in a year you will see fully loaded Platinum Escalades going for $10K or more off MSRP and dealers will still be sitting on them. It's just too much money for a low demand vehicle.

G

Read my post could not agree more, and with me it's not the money, it's what you get for the money. :(