Cadillac Owners Forum banner

95 Fleetwood front passenger quarter panel

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  caddycruiser 
#1 ·
Hello all you fellow Caddy lovers -

Im selling my car in the forums here, and unfortunately the only issue with the car is a few dings on the front passenger side quarter panel and a little ding on the door.

Does anyone have an estimate for the replacement part to repair the car ?
The door repair is really not necessary in my opinion but if someone wants to return the car to its factory condition I'd like to be able to offer them a repair estimate cost for at least the quarter panel and some trim.

Thanks in advance to all replies.
:bouncy:

#2 ·
I saw your Fleetwood on eBay and thought about making you an offer.

The issue is that the body panels are no longer made for our cars. You will have to find a junkyard with a good fender and door. The fender must be replaced but if you want to save some money you could bondo the door.

I have seen the fenders sell from $100-400 dollars, but then you have to paint to match.

The doors are quite expensive...

I am guessing it will be around a at least $1,000 when all is said and done to make it match.

#3 ·
You actually can still get most of the parts, as I found out during the rebuild of my passenger's side from the front fender back. New complete door shells, all the chrome panels for bottom, rear quarter, etc.

From my original estimate using new GM parts, the front door shell (this is the full in & out, I believe, not just the outside panel) is $645.

All are very expensive and would have resulted in the car being written of if that was all we could get, but I was lucky enough to find a local guy cutting down both a '93 and '96 who had everything I needed for almost nothing.

I paid $25 each for the two doors, with all windows and trim still on them, $65 for the chrome panel on the front one, etc.

SO, used is the way to go--and you can find all of these things in various places.

I would say, if they aren't doing it on your own, to allow for around (generally) $500-600 for a replacement fender, fix the door (not necessary, I don't think, to replace that door), and paint. That's a guessed range, but it really isn't much work from what I see, and is chopped down a LOT with used parts that can be located all around. Could be a little less, even, or a little more. All depends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.