: Thinking about buying an escalade...

cjohnson
04-06-08, 08:21 PM
What do you like/not like about your escalade(looking at an '04)? What's your average gas mileage? Hows the power? Anything else that you would like to add.

nero500
04-06-08, 09:10 PM
I have 2004 ESV, great power poor MPG but with the large fuel tank 31gal, it does not seem that bad.

Big Daddy Caddy
04-06-08, 11:40 PM
2002 Escalade 6.0L. I really got to admit that the mpg is poor but not as bad as I thought it was going to get when gas prices soared. Bottom line is when you get these types of trucks, you pay for performance and not fuel efficiency .. theres always toyota's if more mpg's is what you want.. So the real question is "When you turn car on, does it return the favor?"

Povich
04-07-08, 02:31 AM
"When you turn car on, does it return the favor?" LOL Exactly! 04 ext myself and I love everything about it although I cuss every time I hit the pump! You pay for Quality!

JD001249
04-07-08, 10:06 AM
LOVE my 05. I have installed a Volant Air Intake and put in a new mass airflow sensor. I average around 14.5 in the city. I also don't drive mine a whole lot. In 6 months I have put on 3K miles. This summer I am going to change the exhaust and headers, I am hoping to improve the gas mileage to the 15's, maybe even 16 but we will see about that. Power is great and the air intake makes the truck sound awesome! Good luck with your purchase, you will love the truck. One thing for them to look at is the front differential, make sure a Cadillac dealer checks it out prior to purchase, that is one of the most common things to go out on the Escalade's.

hcvone
04-08-08, 10:05 AM
My 03' got 12.2 in the city and 18 on the highway, not real bad for a big truck. As said there are many front diff failures due to owners not changing the gear fluid enough. The trucks are powerful and fun to drive, they do suck gas though.

cjohnson
04-14-08, 06:09 PM
Bottom line is when you get these types of trucks, you pay for performance and not fuel efficiency .. theres always toyota's if more mpg's is what you want..

Not really adding anything intelligent to the conversation but thanks anyways. Im trying to decide between a crew cab truck or an escalade, not a Toyota Corolla. The decision might come down to gas mileage, so Im trying to get real world numbers.