: I thought F1 racing was fun!

heavymetals
04-06-08, 03:10 PM
Seems as though the head of the sport has found even bigger jollies!

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23882746/

WHOO HOO!

Cadillacboy
04-06-08, 03:11 PM
No more f1 for me after Schumi was gone

CTSV_Rob
04-06-08, 04:14 PM
ZEG HEIL MEIN FURHUR!

Too funny.

dkozloski
04-06-08, 08:48 PM
The most exciting racing on the planet is USAC Midgets; either on dirt or pavement.

concorso
04-07-08, 03:27 PM
No more f1 for me after Schumi was goneWhy? Schmacher was a dork with a dork with a great car and an attitude problem. Lewis Hamilton actually has some personality.

F1 is a poor spectator sport, but I still love it tho.

dkozloski
04-07-08, 05:38 PM
Why? Schmacher was a dork with a dork with a great car and an attitude problem. Lewis Hamilton actually has some personality.

F1 is a poor spectator sport, but I still love it tho.
It's too bad that they never figured out a rule book that would allow the cars to pass on the track. If it isn't possible for a car to make it from the back to the front in the course of the race the system is seriously flawed. I'll bet if they changed to a rolling start with the qualifying positions inverted randomly race to race they'd figure something out quickly.

DILLIGAF
04-07-08, 09:33 PM
Maybe I can talk the wife into some Nazi role playing?Anybody know if i'll need some props?

heavymetals
04-07-08, 09:43 PM
Maybe you can get some ideas from the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWo1rPyHeZU&feature=related

DILLIGAF
04-07-08, 10:07 PM
Now I reallyyyyyyyyyyyy want to do that!Exept leave the wife at home.

concorso
04-09-08, 12:03 AM
It's too bad that they never figured out a rule book that would allow the cars to pass on the track. If it isn't possible for a car to make it from the back to the front in the course of the race the system is seriously flawed. I'll bet if they changed to a rolling start with the qualifying positions inverted randomly race to race they'd figure something out quickly. How about if they figured out a rule book, full stop. :) Id be happy if they could keep the qualifying rules the same more then 2 years in a row. It the 10 years or so Ive been watching F1, I think Ive seen the qualifying change 3 or 4 times.

There are alot of issues with F1, imho its the crappiest run racing series of that level in the world.

Thoughts on the Indy fiasco from last year?

dkozloski
04-09-08, 12:25 AM
F1 cars are really intriguing but the racing sucks. There's too much politicking in the rules.

AMGoff
04-10-08, 12:52 PM
It wasn't like it was actually Bernie who got caught with his trousers down, only the president of the FIA.

Anyway... I like Formula 1 racing. It's a shame that it doesn't draw that much attention here in the states. Noooo... what are we preoccupied with?

Nascar.

Sorry if I'm about to ruffle some feathers here... but Nascar blows. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a scalding hot spork than watch Dale Gordon Waltrip Jr make left hand turns around some circle/oval 247 times. However... the names Fangio, Clark, Stewart, etc... hell, even Schumy (thanks in no small part to buckets of high-end, mindblowing technology however) and the fresh-faced Hamilton - they've shown driving talent. While some may consider F1 to be boring, that's only compared to the artificial excitement of Nascar... for lack of a better term... Nascar is basically the WWF (or E or whatever they're called these days) of motorsport.

So yeah... go ahead... it's okay - I just put my flame suit on!

dkozloski
04-10-08, 01:19 PM
It wasn't like it was actually Bernie who got caught with his trousers down, only the president of the FIA.

Anyway... I like Formula 1 racing. It's a shame that it doesn't draw that much attention here in the states. Noooo... what are we preoccupied with?

Nascar.

Sorry if I'm about to ruffle some feathers here... but Nascar blows. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a scalding hot spork than watch Dale Gordon Waltrip Jr make left hand turns around some circle/oval 247 times. However... the names Fangio, Clark, Stewart, etc... hell, even Schumy (thanks in no small part to buckets of high-end, mindblowing technology however) and the fresh-faced Hamilton - they've shown driving talent. While some may consider F1 to be boring, that's only compared to the artificial excitement of Nascar... for lack of a better term... Nascar is basically the WWF (or E or whatever they're called these days) of motorsport.

NASCAR is turning into a spec racing series and the spec is boring. Even the most spectacular of crashes are unlikely to result in a gory death with all the changes in the name of safety.

concorso
04-10-08, 10:14 PM
Nacar = WWF....Nice comparo! I couldn't agree more. Just don't forgot that theyre still incredible drivers! Lots of the guys are ex-sprint and mini sprint champions.

Jackie Stewart still instructs! Now that would be a cool afternoon of driving school!

GizmoQ
04-11-08, 02:06 PM

Nascar.

YEAH!!! WHAT HE SAID!!! For those who have never experienced F1 racing its realy sad to hear it put down so. I've been to every one at Indy, 2 in Detroit, one in Montreal and one in Vegas and nothing compares with it short of dogfighting in an F-16. Even Indy cars pale by comparison! And this year they've eliminated the traction control so its all driver and setup. Its just a whole different kind of racing, different attitude, different spectators, different environment.

All I can say is don't knock it till you've tried it.

dkozloski
04-11-08, 02:24 PM
YEAH!!! WHAT HE SAID!!! For those who have never experienced F1 racing its realy sad to hear it put down so. I've been to every one at Indy, 2 in Detroit, one in Montreal and one in Vegas and nothing compares with it short of dogfighting in an F-16. Even Indy cars pale by comparison! And this year they've eliminated the traction control so its all driver and setup. Its just a whole different kind of racing, different attitude, different spectators, different environment.

All I can say is don't knock it till you've tried it.
Too bad the drivers are bailing out in favor of NASCAR even though they make better money in F1. They say it's the cut-throat attitude, snobbery, treachery, and dog-eat-dog that pervades and poisons the whole thing.

dkozloski
04-11-08, 02:25 PM
There are more passes for the lead in one lap of racing by midgets at Phoenix than in a whole season of F1.

GizmoQ
04-11-08, 04:39 PM
There are more passes for the lead in one lap of racing by midgets at Phoenix than in a whole season of F1.

Thats cause most of the "competition" in F1 is setup and test. By the time they get to raceday, the driver can only do so much after keeping it on the roadcourse at 210! The cars are much more evenly matched so passing is about timing and braking (and pit strategy) as opposed to NASCAR where 2 cars draft and blow by everything in their way and around and around and around.

Don't get me wrong watching midgets is a hoot, but for an appreciation of the sheer power, prowess, and skill, FIA FTW!!

dkozloski
04-11-08, 06:05 PM
F1 racing is one big wreck at the start, a restart, and follow the leader for lap after lap after lap after lap.