: Caddy moves ahead of competition

1toycad
05-25-04, 04:29 PM
In the June edition of Car & Driver (I think it was C&D, I can't recall now), they tested several six cylinder, luxo sedans. Included in the test was the new 300, the Benz E320, the BMW 5 series, the Jag "S" type, and a Volvo. INcredibly, for a magazine that literally drools over imports, the CTS beat all of them, including the Benz E320, which is one of the best sedans that Benz has ever made.

This was a normal CTS, not the V version. The writers loved the car's stylying, the engine's performace and the quality appointments. The CTS beat the Benz, and the other cars, in nearly every category. Not counting the 300, the CTS was the least expensive car in the bunch. The price to value (options and equipment) was the highest of all the cars in the test.

Fun car, great options, relatively low price--what's not to like???

Who would have thought that the CTS would beat all of these imports. Maybe the car magazine writers are beginning to find out what we already know---that Caddy makes great cars. :coolgleam

Incidentally, in another comparison test (by Motor Trend magazine) the SRX beat a bunch of import SUVs.

The CTS and the SRX are two sure winners. I have the feeling that there is more to come from Caddy.

My wife and I test drove an SRX and a CTSA this weekend. We are both seriously considering trading her Yukon and my Seville for a pair of "his and her" CTS and SRX. :D

Pimpin_Whity
05-25-04, 06:49 PM
wait for the STS man, it's going to be great.

Caddy Man
05-25-04, 11:33 PM
i dont kno, those articles are all relative, for example i was reading the latest issue of AUtomobile and they tested some SUVS including the SRX, and it came in 3rd, and they also tested in Motor Trend, the CTS against Acura TL, infinit g35, saab 9-3 and it came in 2nd overall, not bad, but it still wasnt number 1.

Ralph
05-26-04, 02:07 AM
I agree ToyCad bud. I checked out the SRX and the BMW X5, and I'd take the Caddy because it seems nicer, styling wise, the BMW is nothing special IMO. I loved the light beige interior of the SRX. Seems like every BMW I see had a black charcoal interior. Have you noticed how rough looking the leather is on a new BMW? I'm falling for the SRX BIG time.

p.s. I saw the new Pontiac GXT (?) I haven't been following new Pontiacs lately, but it's big like the Bonnelivve, rear-drive and a V8. Very nice in that new color "white gold" which can't be too much different than Cadillac's "white lightning."

Caddy Man
05-26-04, 02:48 AM
I agree ToyCad bud. I checked out the SRX and the BMW X5, and I'd take the Caddy because it seems nicer, styling wise, the BMW is nothing special IMO. I loved the light beige interior of the SRX. Seems like every BMW I see had a black charcoal interior. Have you noticed how rough looking the leather is on a new BMW? I'm falling for the SRX BIG time.

p.s. I saw the new Pontiac GXT (?) I haven't been following new Pontiacs lately, but it's big like the Bonnelivve, rear-drive and a V8. Very nice in that new color "white gold" which can't be too much different than Cadillac's "white lightning."
there is a new version of the Bonneville called the Bonneville GXP. I dont kno if thats the car you are refering to. Its FWD and has the Northstar engine.

Ralph
05-26-04, 03:01 AM
there is a new version of the Bonneville called the Bonneville GXP. I dont kno if thats the car you are refering to. Its FWD and has the Northstar engine.

THAT'S IT!! Although I was certain it said RWD V8 on the window sticker? $50,000 Cdn btw. For $60,000 I can get a SRX with a N*. I'd really like to know if there is a difference between white lightning and white gold. They look identical to me. They both look like white diamond, but with a yellow tint.

Did you notice how the GXP looks like the new Mitsubishi Diamante.

Caddy Man
05-26-04, 03:17 AM
THAT'S IT!! Although I was certain it said RWD V8 on the window sticker? $50,000 Cdn btw. For $60,000 I can get a SRX with a N*. I'd really like to know if there is a difference between white lightning and white gold. They look identical to me. They both look like white diamond, but with a yellow tint.

Did you notice how the GXP looks like the new Mitsubishi Diamante.
it uses the 275 hp version of the northstar FWD engine (the same one found in Deville and DHS and SLS models) Bonneville is already fwd, GXP is just a differnt trim level. :)

Ralph
05-26-04, 03:27 AM
it uses the 275 hp version of the northstar FWD engine (the same one found in Deville and DHS and SLS models) Bonneville is already fwd, GXP is just a differnt trim level. :)

Ok. I was also a bit shocked to see the window sticker on the BMW X5 was $50,000 Cdn. The SRX is $10,000 more?! :hmm: I guess you get what you pay for. :devil:

1toycad
05-26-04, 01:12 PM

Ralph...picture Natasha, sitting in the front seat of your new SRX...music playing through the mighty Bose stereo...skyview roof open...stars shining above...a soft California summer breeze blowing...:lildevil:

Have fun..........

Ralph
05-26-04, 06:02 PM
Ralph...picture Natasha, sitting in the front seat of your new SRX...music playing through the mighty Bose stereo...skyview roof open...stars shining above...a soft California summer breeze blowing...:lildevil:

Have fun..........

Ouch about California. :bighead: She will not be allowed to wear her clunky army helmet and boots to track the snow into it either. ;)