: 98 catera 3.2 or 3.6 swap help / info

68topls
04-06-08, 12:22 AM
I have a 98 with a blown engine. I would like to swap a 3.2 or 3.6 engine from a cts into the car instead of replacing with another 3.0. I did a search and saw a few people that are or have done this but I was looking for some specifics. will the 3.2 or 3.6 directly swap in for the 3.0 or there are some things that need to be changed along with it like electrical? I read one post where they said the 3.2 is the same as the 3.0 but I would like to verify it is a straight swap using the same components.

se7enone8ight
05-04-08, 02:26 PM
dont really know much about cateras but if you say that the 3.0 and 3.2 are generally the same engine then it may be a possible bolt in app but as for the 3.6 even swapping that into a 03 or early 04 (w/5speed manual) wouldn't be worth it ... you would have too many things to swap besides the engine itself, including tranny, wiring, electical, not to mention adding dual exhaust .. look into swapping the 3.2 a little more and visit the CTS section there are a few of us who've made some great gains in power, especially the 3.2, o3cts has pretty much done every forced induction app and is THE MAN without a doubt!