: Anyone following this? Ruby Ridge II?

Spyder
04-05-08, 11:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23958307

dkozloski
04-06-08, 12:01 AM
More dirty old men using religion as an excuse to sexually abuse children.

TaVern
04-06-08, 12:19 AM
The locals in Eldorado, Texas have been calling this compound the "Next Waco" for the four years since it's inception. The U.S. Government has an advantage, though... Warren Jeffs is in prison and will be for a while. It is rumored that Jeffs has shifted his "leader" status to another member, but Jeffs remains the prophet.

I've done extensive research on Warren Jeffs and the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for some of my sociology courses in college. It's really fascinating to examine their culture and how they live (albeit, forced). I really don't see a Branch Dividian-like scenario with the FLDS, as long as the members of the compound continue to (somewhat) cooperate with law enforcement.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. There are many of the public who hate seeing federal agents displacing children from their homes, regardless of the horrendous and illegal conditions of where they reside.

Jesda
04-06-08, 01:51 AM
Round 'em up and shoot 'em.

TaVern
04-06-08, 03:26 AM
Round 'em up and shoot 'em.

It's easy to write that, and I'm all for it.

But the fact is that the vast majority of the members contained in this compound are uneducated. Ask any one of them who Abraham Lincoln is and they will stare at you like deer at headlights.

The sad reality is that these children have not been given the opportunity to experience a 'normal' life. They have been isolated from real world experiences and education, so all they know is what they've been taught.

And what they've been taught is religious doctrine, to include that 'outsiders' are imminent and wish to disrupt the religious teachings that they have been enslaved with for all of their childhood.

Simply put, they just don't know any better. They've never been given that opportunity.

They don't question their teachings or their religious doctrine. To do so would be a permanent banishment to outer darkness (hell). They only question those who challenge them. In this case, it's the U.S. Government.

As long as the members of the compound continue to allow law enforcement access, justice will be served.

Jesda
04-06-08, 03:31 AM
Ask any one of them who Abraham Lincoln is and they will stare at you like deer at headlights.

WARREN JEFFS FREED THE SLAVES!

93DevilleUSMC
04-06-08, 04:06 AM
These people abuse a corrupt version of my religion to enslave and mentally torture women and children. They should just go ahead and send in the National Guard to rescue the kids and exterminate the leaders.