: 1993 Cadillac STS radio removal/install

friesianfever
04-05-08, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and need some help with my caddy. I just baught my cadillac a couple months ago and the factory radio it has is really messed up, plus it doesnt have a cd player. So I want to buy something new but the install prices are outragous, I'm pretty smart and think I can handle installing it alone, I know I need the deck(obviously),wiring harness, installation kit, and the attena adapter. I read on carstereohelp.com about removing the CDM box in the trunk, is this nessesary and once I've done that, do I need to re-wire the speakers or something? Little confused about this..

-Robin

cadmanchris
04-05-08, 08:30 PM
The radio is fairly easy to remove. Just remove the center console trim panel around the shifter and the bezel around the radio. The radio is held in by 2 10mm nuts on the bottom. Installer.com has a radio harness that runs from the front of the car to the r/r where the radio module is. It even has the antenna lead integrated into the harness. It is available for Bose and non Bose vehicles. HTH.

mikescat1
07-02-08, 06:28 PM
Is the removal of the Bose stereo on Catera ('99) similar to the one mentioned here?