: Professionally Painted Northstar Engine Covers

race21
04-05-08, 04:35 PM
First off, I'd like to say I did talk to Mr. Sal Colascione III (forum owner)
about the following service and he gave me the ok to post it in the forums. - Thanks

I'm co-owner of a performance auto repair shop/ auto body shop. I'm ASE certified in refinishing and use high-end Sikkens paint products at our shop. We also have a fully downdraft bake booth.

I would like to offer our painting services to the cadillac community. Mainly, I would like to specialize in painting the northstar engine covers for members. The engine cover is the first thing you see when you open the hood. Over time, the engine covers become dull and scratched, or the paint even peels off. Other people may think the silver is just too boring and they want something different. We can do that and I think members would like the service.

I can custom mix any color you want. I have a full mixing bank of Sikkens toners. I can paint them a shiny, brilliant silver, or the same color of your car from your paint code, or even pearls, whatever you decide. Every engine cover would then be clearcoated. I can custom mix any color you want. I don't just go down to the local Menards and buy a rattle can of some so-called "plastic paint" and use that. There is a very detailed process outlined in the Sikkens TDS manuals that outlines the methods and products needed to paint plastic products. I can tell you step by step what will be done and used if anyone would like to know.

If there are other items that members need painted (fenders, mirrors, door handles, etc.), we can do those also.

The main objective of this post is to gauge any interest in this service. I'm curious to see if this is something other Cadillac owners would be interested in this service. I'd love to offer this service to the cadillac community. If there is enough interest, I plan on becoming a site vendor and doing so.

Please let me know if this is something that the members would be interested in. Thanks again for your time.

-Performance Plus Automotive (Jason)