: B&B vs Corsa

v10boost
04-04-08, 07:13 PM
Hello,

Today i had Lindsay take off B&B 3" catback and installed Corsa on my V. Well, I am happy with the loudness of the Corsa but I have to say B&B is by far best sounding exhaust for Vs. Major difference is the throttle response of 3" vs 2.5" and I can feel the little power loss. Just wanted to share. If you want great sound go with B&B and deal with the drone. If you want quite exhaust with half the sound go with corsa.

CIWS
04-04-08, 07:15 PM
Headers + Corsa = Loud as Hell at WOT :lildevil:

rlj5
04-04-08, 07:21 PM
Headers + Corsa = Loud as Hell at WOT :lildevil:

:yeah:

PISNUOFF
04-04-08, 07:29 PM
Any ideas which one is actually louder at WOT w/headers? I'll try to remember to bring my SPL meter to Summit Point.

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 07:41 PM
B&B, Headers, No Cats, X-pipe was loud as hell at WOT I think I could raise the dead with the car!

I was goosing the throttle up to about 2 grand at a stop light and a police officer was shaking his head at me but not in a good way.

This was stupid loud and was too loud for me. Car now has the high flow Cats with the resonator and will still set the alarm off on the truck if anywhere above an idle.

I will not say it sounds better then any of the others but I sure like it. I should probably take the car down and get it dyno'ed have not done it since I put the headers and Tune in. I would hope I am getting at least 360HP at the wheels but you never know until you do it.

Jon
04-04-08, 08:46 PM
There is no way I will ever give up my B&B. I love the sound. Wait til I get headers... Muahahaha

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 09:29 PM
Headers with the X-pipe...

Your Neighbors will learn to hate you and I'm guessing your a nice guy Jon. :D

Jon
04-04-08, 09:51 PM
Headers with the X-pipe...

Your Neighbors will learn to hate you and I'm guessing your a nice guy Jon. :D
I'm nice, but only to a certain point lol. I want headers when I get my blower :D

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:00 PM
I want a blower to go with my Headers :D

GMBOUND
04-04-08, 10:00 PM
I want the headers too but like you said Rob, will definately have to remove the X-pipe.
My wife took my kid to school in the V the other morning, my bedroom is just above the garage.
Needless to say, I wasn't sleep anymore after she left! On top of that the plates she had in the dining room for decorations fell of the wall for the last time, this time it shattered.
I was so glad I wasn't driving whent that happened.
There is a House with a Mustang SVT and a pickup truck and I think both of those vehicles are as loud or maybe louder than mines. I'm pretty sure will be the discussion at the next neighborhood meeting.

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking Blonde, Nice Butt, plump lips...

Jon
04-04-08, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking Blonde, Nice Butt, plump lips...
I already have one of those ;)

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:03 PM
I want the headers too but like you said Rob, will definately have to remove the X-pipe.
My wife took my kid to school in the V the other morning, my bedroom is just above the garage.
Needless to say, I wasn't sleep anymore after she left! On top of that the plates she had in the dining room for decorations fell of the wall for the last time, this time it shattered.
I was so glad I wasn't driving whent that happened.
There is a House with a Mustang SVT and a pickup truck and I think both of those vehicles are as loud or maybe louder than mines. I'm pretty sure will be the discussion at the next neighborhood meeting.
Yeah but I'm guessing while you were sitting up in bed you were thinking "oh yeah, my car sounds Bad ASS!!!!!".

I'll bet your wife gets some looks when she passes the teenagers in that car with the exhaust.

You won't be disappointed with the resonator, sounds sweet.

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:04 PM
I already have one of those ;)
I see.....

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:04 PM
Lucky Dog!!!!

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:07 PM
OK I can't take it anymore, you would have to pry this exhaust out of my cold dead hands. I could not imagine switching to any other.

It will be painful when I remove the Headers and put the stock crappy manifolds back in to get it smogged in a few years. I just will not want to drive the car near as much as I do now!!!

GMBOUND
04-04-08, 10:08 PM
OK I can't take it anymore, you would have to pry this exhaust out of my cold dead hands. I could not imagine switching to any other.

It will be painful when I remove the Headers and put the stock crappy manifolds back in to get it smogged in a few years. I just will not want to drive the car near as much as I do now!!!

Damn Cali, tree huggers!:lildevil:

Jon
04-04-08, 10:08 PM

I thought you had cats after the headers?

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:14 PM
I do but the High flows are relocated so they are not smog legal in California. I love most things about California, that is NOT one of them.

Tree hugger :lol:
I drive a V and well it's not that ECO friendly. When I'm not driving that I am in a 3/4 ton Diesel truck. Guess you would call me an atypical Californian.

Jon
04-04-08, 10:17 PM
I do but the High flows are relocated so they are not smog legal in California. I love most things about California, that is NOT one of them.

Tree hugger :lol:
I drive a V and well it's not that ECO friendly. When I'm not driving that I am in a 3/4 ton Diesel truck. Guess you would call me an atypical Californian.
Oh.. So your headers and high flow cats are what is on the B&B website, right? Unmodified? Great, now I gotta worry about if I can have them here.

CTSV_Rob
04-04-08, 10:24 PM
I have the same setup that is on the Web Site. Headers - Hi flow Cats - Resonator - Exhaust (All 3" :cloud9:)

You may want to check but they may only say you need to have cats were California says they need to go in the same spot they came out of. Not going to happen because the current location of the Cats is not ideal and I'm sure causes excessive heat in the engine compartment. That one is open for debate I'm sure but I think it's much better to have them under the car.

Jon
04-04-08, 10:32 PM
I have the same setup that is on the Web Site. Headers - Hi flow Cats - Resonator - Exhaust (All 3" :cloud9:)

You may want to check but they may only say you need to have cats were California says they need to go in the same spot they came out of. Not going to happen because the current location of the Cats is not ideal and I'm sure causes excessive heat in the engine compartment. That one is open for debate I'm sure but I think it's much better to have them under the car.
Ahh, I should be fine then :)

CTSV_Rob
04-05-08, 11:25 AM
Again, Luck dog!!!

ewill3rd
04-07-08, 06:33 AM
One issue is that any modifications, cats in particular, must have some EPA formatted numbers on them and in CA they have to have a CARB number on them.
I haven't seen either of those on any high flows that have come through.

When V10 picked up his car with the B&B on it I could tell when he started the car, I was in the shop and his car was accross a pretty big parking lot, and next to the building accross the street.
After we put the Corsa back on he snuck out without me hearing him ;)
I have to admit the B&B did sound pretty mean, but for a daily driver it would make me insane.
The Corsa is a nice blend of good sound when you want it and fairly quiet when you need it to be.

SuperV_Rob
04-07-08, 11:47 AM
I have corsa cat back today, next week I will have Kooks/Corsa, for a daily driver this is more than enough noise :) I have heard the other setup and would use it on my SSR, Hummer, Mustang or any of my other weekend cars. But, I (mostly the wife) do like to converse while we commute to the office not to mention the fact that I am always on the Onstar speaker phone while I am in that car. The B&B is awesome but too loud for me :)

Keys8541
04-07-08, 11:57 AM
I have Kooks headers with Corsa exhaust. I have to say I think the two are perfect together. The sound at WOT is amazing.

rangerrob
04-07-08, 12:54 PM
I have Kooks headers with Corsa exhaust. I have to say I think the two are perfect together. The sound at WOT is amazing.

Keys, do you have the "corsa rattle" going on? Is it raspy/ rattle on decel? also do you have hi flo cats? or off road pipes? I'd be interested in hearing it idle and rev, if there's anyway you can post a clip I'd really appreciate it!

CTSV_Rob
04-07-08, 01:30 PM
One issue is that any modifications, cats in particular, must have some EPA formatted numbers on them and in CA they have to have a CARB number on them.
I haven't seen either of those on any high flows that have come through.

When V10 picked up his car with the B&B on it I could tell when he started the car, I was in the shop and his car was accross a pretty big parking lot, and next to the building accross the street.
After we put the Corsa back on he snuck out without me hearing him ;)
I have to admit the B&B did sound pretty mean, but for a daily driver it would make me insane.
The Corsa is a nice blend of good sound when you want it and fairly quiet when you need it to be.
Interesting. I was wondering, did he have the X-pipe or the resonator installed originally?

I was told my exhaust was quieter then the Corsa but I guess not. With the X-pipe it was stupid loud and would only be good for a weekend car, not a DD.

With the high flow cats and the resonator it is louder than stock but still quite civil. On the Freeway I can hear it but just barely. If it were any quiter I would need to do something about it but as it is right now it's perfect.

I was told by someone on the forum that had headers with the Corsa exhaust that mine was a little quieter and he has swapped out his to put the B&B in from the Headers back.

It's all down to personal preference but I really enjoy the sound of the B&B.

BTW, I sure hope Tony, Trukk, and rangerrob can work out the problems they are having with the Corsa exhaust. If I didn 't get the B&B I would have gotten the Corsa, awesome exhaust except for the rattle on Decel.

lollygagger8
04-07-08, 03:42 PM
If you don't think B&B makes the greatest sounding exhaust in the universe: I will fight you...as Ron Burgandy would put it.
Seriously though, I had the resonator in my B&B at first and it sounded great, and didnt really drone on highway. I installed the xpipe about a week ago, and wouldn't trade it for the world! It's a deep, rumbly, throaty tone and you can feel the throttle response diff between the resonator and xpipe. I've heard magnaflow, corsa, stock, and would buy B&B over all of them anyday.
I won't deny the xpipe drones a little on highway.....but you can either crank up the bose, or crank up the rpms...your choice! <-I choose the later, ha

ewill3rd
04-07-08, 04:01 PM
I recall seeing high flow cats, a resonator looking bulge in each one (didn't look inside) an X pipe and the mufflers.
I did like the sound, with the cam and supercharger it sounded like a real old muscle car... beautiful.
However it resonated every building in the area when it was started and I could hear him driving for about 2 miles after he left the shop :lol:

I'd just hate to be stuck with that in traffic or on a long trip.

v10boost
04-07-08, 04:51 PM
I recall seeing high flow cats, a resonator looking bulge in each one (didn't look inside) an X pipe and the mufflers.
I did like the sound, with the cam and supercharger it sounded like a real old muscle car... beautiful.
However it resonated every building in the area when it was started and I could hear him driving for about 2 miles after he left the shop :lol:

Yes, B&B does sound really really good but it was just little too loud for me with my kids in the car.

Bill, I hear some exhaust leak during wide open throttle when i have window down. I hear something ticking or hissing, is this normal for kooks and corsa set up?

v10boost
04-07-08, 04:52 PM
One more thing,

My 3" B&B with cats ready to bolt on to any kooks header is for sale. Local buyer backed out. I'm asking $900 and this includes shipping anywhere in states. it has about 300miles and it is in perfect condition. I'm sure bill can describe the condition.

Thanks

onebadcad
04-07-08, 04:55 PM
Yes, B&B does sound really really good but it was just little too loud for me with my kids in the car.

You will re-install the B&B once your kids become teenagers:histeric:.

CTSV_Rob
04-07-08, 07:58 PM

X-pipe was good for about a month then I had to put the resonator in.

Either you have an X-pipe or the resonator (I think). Since it had the X-pipe I'm pretty sure it did not have the resonator.

The Exhaust is load as hell with the X-pipe and headers. it sounds ****ing awesome but it is just waaaaaay tooooo loud for me to take out customers. With the resonator it still sounds great but at idle or normal city driving it is pretty mellow. WOT and WOW!!!!

ewill3rd
04-07-08, 08:22 PM
Do you know what kind of gaskets they used when the put the headers on?
The headers don't muffle the "ticking" as well as the manifolds do so you get a little more noise.
Next time you bring it in remind me and I'll look it over to be sure it is sealed and all the clamps are torqued.
With all the stuff they added on you could have lots of new little noises that are normal.

v10boost
04-07-08, 10:45 PM
Do you know what kind of gaskets they used when the put the headers on?
The headers don't muffle the "ticking" as well as the manifolds do so you get a little more noise.
Next time you bring it in remind me and I'll look it over to be sure it is sealed and all the clamps are torqued.
With all the stuff they added on you could have lots of new little noises that are normal.

Hey Bill,

Those are stock ls6 metal gaskets. Great, I'll see you at Lindsay.

lunarx
04-08-08, 12:44 AM
I just did the opposite and removed my Corsa for a 3" B&B w/ resonator.

For the moment, I don't have cats on the B&B, so it is a bit loud.
The Corsa was definetly quieter on the freeway while cruising at low RPM.

I like the tone of the B&B better at idle and when getting on the throttle.
Corsa had a raspy bark as opposed to the rumble of the B&B.
It really comes down to personal preferance, as to which exhaust has the better sound.

I do expect my B&B to tone down a bit when I get the new set of cats installed.
At which point it should be perfect (for my ears).

If one was mainly concerrned with quietness the 2.5" B&B w/ resonator [aka Touring] would be a good choice.

Comparing a 3" B&B to a 2.5" Corsa is apples to oranges.

I will say that Rob's car is surprizingly quiet.
Perhaps that's more of an LS2 [mellow truck engine] thing than an exhaust thing. :eek:

ewill3rd
04-08-08, 06:55 AM
Don't rush in, I have a lot going on, be sure to check with Alex before you bring it by.
We'll check it when we do the Spectres when you get them.

v10boost
04-08-08, 11:19 AM
Don't rush in, I have a lot going on, be sure to check with Alex before you bring it by.
We'll check it when we do the Spectres when you get them.

Bill,

I'll check with alex for sure, where can i spray some wd40 to quite the car down? it is doing that squeek again.

ewill3rd
04-08-08, 09:10 PM
Looking at the rear cradle you'll see the white bushings in between the mounts and the frame, top and bottom of the mount.
Just spray those babies down.
I know it sucks, we'll fix it with the Spectres.