: Horn

luken8r
05-30-03, 11:41 AM
Hi all, Im looking for an aftermark or OEM horn for a Caddy. Doesnt have to be special or anything, just a standard, deep tone one would hear ony pretty much any deville, cts, etc. Where can i get one of these?

Elvis
05-30-03, 11:47 AM
JC Whitney sells air horns. The install is a little tricky, but the sound is worth it. You might try eBay, sometimes they have some deals on horns pulled off of older cars.

The easiest thing to do is go to an auto parts chain, they usually sell add-on air horn kits, but sometimes they're over priced.

Katshot
05-30-03, 01:04 PM
Any auto parts store will have a "generic" horn that will work. Just be aware that Most Caddy's use multiple horns with different tones to provide a very authoritative wide-tone horn blast. That's why when you order one at the dealer you have to tell them what tone you need. The tone is marked on the horn, it's a large single letter such as "A" or "B".

ChiMick
06-15-04, 11:37 AM
I recently put a set of Hella "autobahn" horns in my GF's Nissan 240sx.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Po8q4IybIY8J:www.soundkwest.com/mr2/hellas.jpg

These puppies are LOUD and have a cast metal frame so they should last practically forever.