: '02 Ext. Cat back Exhaust question...

sequel11
04-04-08, 09:44 AM
I'm looking to upgrade performance on my 02 ext. Really like the Magnaflow systems, nice for the price. Problem is, magnaflow doesn't show part number or system for the 02 ext, only the 02 escalade. My ext is on the same platform as the ESV, not the standard escalade. did some research, it appears that most manufacturers show the same part number for the 02 and 03 ext's, which makes sense to me and I verified that the dealership part numbers are also the same. Shared this info with magnaflow, and the tech seemed surprised that I was questioning their part availability for the 02. He said they'd never fitted a system up for that year! WTF? I'm the first to call and inquire about a system for the 02 ext? Anyway, has anyone out there mounted a magnaflow system on a 03 ext? Just want a little more assurance that I won't be sending back a 600.00 system and wasting 100 bucks on shipping.

thanks for the help
-A

boomerang
04-04-08, 02:30 PM
My 2 cents worth of input...I have a Borla catback dual exhaust and it's GREAT. However, both Borla and Magnaflow tend to "DRONE" at cruising speed. The drones not so bad in the beginning, but on a recent trip to a relative's funeral with the parents, the drone REALLY gets annoying!!! If you want performance and sound look to either of these manufacturers. If you want performance and a quiet exhaust system look to Corsa. If I had it to do over again, I would buy Corsa. I truly like the sound of a big V8 performance engine, but the Caddy should be understated elegance, IMHO!

Rolex
04-06-08, 10:14 PM
+1

Corsa Touring exhaust FTW. :D

jwxspoon
04-07-08, 05:56 PM
What kind of performance upgrade could one expect to see from the Corsa exhaust? I've got an 04 Escalade with 6.0 engine. I am about to add an air induction system and I'd like to take a look at the exhaust as well.

jw

ZaC851
04-07-08, 06:11 PM
Your not really going to notice a power increase with just a catback system, other than sound difference.

hcvone
04-08-08, 09:53 AM
You really only get about 10hp from a catback system, it more for looks and sound. :) As said Corsa will give no drone, most aftermarket systems add noise to your truck. :)

The Scientist
04-08-08, 12:50 PM
Does anyone have a source or personal experience with the differences in both the corsa sport and touring systems. I have have Corsa on my Pontiac Formula with FL headers and ORY pipe and can attest to the systems ability to reduce drone. Just wondering what they are trying to do with two different systems beyond changing the volume.

hcvone
04-08-08, 01:50 PM
I have had both Sport and Touring on different cars and trucks, the Touring is a tuned down version of the Sport, the muffler is the only difference, the tubing is the same for both systems. With the EXT you would have no problem living with the Sport system, but the Sport system on the standard and ESV can get to you if you do a lot of highway driving say thru the mountains. I tried the Sport system on my 03' standard Escalade and it was annoying thru the mountains, so I switched it to a Touring muffler, the Brownings that own Corsa like me. ;)

The Scientist
04-09-08, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the first hand account. At $700-$1000+ a pop I would guess the Brownings like you. Just didn't think you could do much to a straight pipe, which is what the f-body muffler is. I figured it would be that same for most of theirs systems. But I suppose you could perferate the pipe and add baffling much like a bullet muffer and that could quiet it down like in the touring system.
BTW I live on flat land so no mountains, much less hills, for me. I will probably go with the sport system. Happen to have one lying around for an '05 EXT???

hcvone
04-09-08, 08:52 AM
I know on the standard Escalade they crush the tail pipe to fit over the axle slightly, you may want to look at yours, if the tail pipe is not crushed in (they do this for easier install at the factory) they you may just want to replace your muffler and get exhaust tips, it's a cheaper way to go and still get better sound than stock. Yea I have had 7 Corsa systems, 4 B&B systems, 3 Borla systems and there are a few others too, just can't leave things alone. ;)

The Scientist
04-09-08, 12:44 PM
I hear ya. I spent way more money on my formula than I even want to think about. But even after only a week in the truck, I miss the sound of a full exhaust system. Stock cat. converters really ruin the sound.
Thanks for the advice. I plan to look over the truck this weekend while giving it a good detail.
We seem to be going back and forth on several threads. lol

Guyz1996deville
04-10-08, 04:29 PM
Go to the Corsa site and see what they sound like.