: Looking for someone near Chi-town with UUC Shifter/bushings

lilred
04-04-08, 12:01 AM
Thinking about buying the UUC shifter/bushing combie but I'd like to sit in someone's car that has the UUC shifter and bushings installed. I live out in the western suburbs but drive all over town for work so let me know if you are out there and wouldn't mind letting me try the shifter out (don't need to drive the car just sit in it and try the shifter). Thanks!

StealthV
04-04-08, 12:18 AM
http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/nike2.jpg

SkullV
04-04-08, 12:52 AM
I will be in Munster, IN on Saturday...its about 25 min away from the city!

nxlr8
04-04-08, 12:59 AM
Got both in mine... Aurora/Naperville area

CadiBlk
04-04-08, 01:58 AM
When is the next Chicago area meet-up? :stirpot: I will have my V in town by the end of the month (fingers crossed). I'm out on the westside in Oakbrook. Even if it was just a couple guys, i'd love to see your setups. I'm also a recent Purdue grad, so I wouldn't mind catching up with SkullV (I'm still coming down for grand prix, I'll let you know the details). Sounds like lilred has some guys in the area with his setup he's looking for and we could get a few more and make it a meet and greet.

rangerrob
04-04-08, 11:08 AM
I will be in Munster, IN on Saturday...its about 25 min away from the city!

Ted, I'll be in Portage/Valparaiso all day saturday, we should meet up

When is the next Chicago area meet-up? :stirpot: I will have my V in town by the end of the month (fingers crossed). I'm out on the westside in Oakbrook. Even if it was just a couple guys, i'd love to see your setups. I'm also a recent Purdue grad, so I wouldn't mind catching up with SkullV (I'm still coming down for grand prix, I'll let you know the details). Sounds like lilred has some guys in the area with his setup he's looking for and we could get a few more and make it a meet and greet.

Speed Inc is having their open house april 26th in Schaumburg, they are also having some deep discounts on bmr parts... something like 20%... so i've heard, can't wait... i'm down to meet up anytime it's nice out, and for you boilermakers out there.... GO HOOSIERS! :thumbsup:

lilred, as for the uuc setup, i've got the katech II and uuc bushings if you want to try that out also... live in schaumburg

peter simov
04-04-08, 11:11 AM
im in joliet il 30 min from chi town

peter simov
04-04-08, 11:14 AM
we should set up a chi town meet

lilred
04-04-08, 12:47 PM
A meet sounds like a great idea. Is there a car meet friendly restraurant out here somewhere? Pete and nxlr8 you guys are closest to me. I'm in the Plainfield area. Shoot me a PM with your email, I can't PM yet.

trukk
04-04-08, 02:09 PM
I agree with Stealth, it's a must do mod.

Shifter will go from wubble-wubble to click-click. A T56 will never be snick-snick.

-Chris

SkullV
04-04-08, 03:29 PM
Ted, I'll be in Portage/Valparaiso all day saturday, we should meet up

I will actually be in Valpo most of the evening on Saturday so we should defintly meet up. Let me know!

I am also in for a Chicago V meet. If no one else wants to plan it...I will try and get something together!

rangerrob
04-04-08, 04:31 PM
Downers Grove/Oakbrook would probably be a happy median for most????? they have a hooters, Champs Americana (lombard)other ideas?

peter simov
04-04-08, 06:19 PM
I am open for any day we should go to capital grilln or weber grill or just hooters then we can rip down the new 355 the road is so nice and stright but whatever i just would like to see someone besides me with a v

lilred
04-04-08, 07:55 PM
Any day is good and Downer's is good. A more family friendly restaurant would be nice as I may have the little lady in tow.

nxlr8
04-05-08, 01:54 AM
I'd be down for a meet-up... as long as I'm not workin'...

peter simov
04-05-08, 03:03 AM
me too i will go any where

rangerrob
04-05-08, 11:40 AM
week or weekend? i know my next 2 weekends are packed... the 26th would be cool to have a bunch of V's represent at the speed inc. open house, hopefully i'm not the only one... or maybe that sunday, depending on the weather?

SkullV
04-05-08, 11:45 AM
I could possibly come for the open house...I have a lot going on tho in the next couple weekends...grand prix...

rangerrob
04-05-08, 12:02 PM
gotcha, Skull give me a buzz later today, will probably b in indiana around 3 or so? i pm'd you my #

nxlr8
04-05-08, 12:03 PM
I work the 26th... that sucks...

nxlr8
04-05-08, 12:29 PM
Thinking about buying the UUC shifter/bushing combie but I'd like to sit in someone's car that has the UUC shifter and bushings installed. I live out in the western suburbs but drive all over town for work so let me know if you are out there and wouldn't mind letting me try the shifter out (don't need to drive the car just sit in it and try the shifter). Thanks!

back on topic...
Did you want to meet up this weekend?

peter simov
04-05-08, 01:05 PM
I will meet today to it is so nice out i gave her a nice bath and everything

lilred
04-06-08, 01:44 AM
Shot you guys email since I can't PM yet. Was a very nice day. Gave my new V her first bath!

vcaddy
04-07-08, 11:18 PM
I've got the UUC and bushings. I'm in Willowbrook, just south ot Oakbrook