: My Gen. 4 Lockpick Experience

Quicksilver08
04-03-08, 04:08 PM
I purchased the gen 4 lockpick. I receive it in the mail, open it up, took all the parts out, and prepared everything for the installation. I did a lot of searching and reading throughout many forums on whats the best way to take apart the dash and get everything done the right way. So I begin the installation by taking off all the pieces to the dash. Now personally I'm extremely careful so I really took my time on this part making sure nothing becomes damaged, and im not gonna lie it was quite a hassle. Popping off the passenger and center console piece were definitely the most difficult cause you did have to use a good amount of force. So anyway i get all the pieces off and also take out the 6 screws holding in the nav. I pull out the nav unplug the black and brown wire, put them into the lockpick sockets, and stick the other end back into the nav. This is were I noticed a minor problem, the black clip seemed to be a little longer that the factory one. It did fit perfectly but there was no way i could get it in enough for that little tab to click so that its in securely, but that was okay it still stayed in. I made sure the box was correctly programmed which it was, i didnt even have to change any of the switches. Here came the hard part. Even though the lock pick wires are not very long, there is still a good amount of them and they do take up some space. It took me about 2 hours to manage to get all the wires in some sort of position that the nav will slide nicely back into the housing. Next i turned the car on and checked if everything works. The nav did play the dvds while in drive but the one little problem i still have is the onstar dialing pad along with the xm categories... It says if you click the window button four times itll unlock all the nav options, onstar keypad, and the xm categories.. but for some weird reason it unlocks the nav options, and all the others blink constantly. Now i went back into the manual and read that if you do the window button four times and the keypad blinks four times and then turns off again, you need to go into the lockpick box and flick the 1 switch. Even though it blinks constantly and not only four times i figured oh well try it anyway. so i changed and try it again and this time it would only blink four times and then turn off, so im like ok whatever ill flick the one switch back and just deal with it. To this day i still didn't find a solution for it. I would like the purchase the ipod lockpick but that runs through the xm tuner. i don't see why i should be purchasing that right now when i cant even scroll through the XM catagories. All in all i love the lockpick since the only reason i got it for was the dvd watching but it would be nice if the whole thing worked properly

sixpackd
04-03-08, 05:42 PM
My GMX-320 on my 12/06 build ESV has the same issue.

dvd works in drive
window lock * 4 works nav and destination, but doesnt work on dvd menus, onstar keypad, or xm text.

Sixpackd

roccos_van
04-04-08, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems; but if you are happy to live with the unit not working correctly, that's your perogative.

yourgmsolutions
04-04-08, 03:26 PM
movie menus does not work for some reason while in motion
a) but few functions can be done using steering wheel controls
b) if vehicle equiped with factory RSE try to use remote control
as far as XM categories they should be working (check dip switches setting and operating manual)

VGJackson
04-07-08, 02:51 PM
Mine works the same as Quicksilver08. Mine is a 08 EXT with build date of 10/07. When the category in the XM is flashing I can change...but only when it is on. It must be a firmware problem.
YourGMSolutions, IS there a fix?... since I bought mine from you

yourgmsolutions
04-10-08, 11:31 PM
Mine works the same as Quicksilver08. Mine is a 08 EXT with build date of 10/07. When the category in the XM is flashing I can change...but only when it is on. It must be a firmware problem.
YourGMSolutions, IS there a fix?... since I bought mine from you

try put all dip switches up and only #2 down. that should help.

roccos_van
04-11-08, 01:55 AM
movie menus does not work for some reason while in motion
a) but few functions can be done using steering wheel controls
b) if vehicle equiped with factory RSE try to use remote control...

Well that is too bad sorry to hear that.

Hey, did you know that the movie menus work perfectly with nav-TV unit?

I used it all day today and it works so well!

Adam617
04-11-08, 04:05 AM
I just got mine in the mail but have been lazy to install it. I have been doing some reading on the installation process. I am not mechanically inclined at all. Any heads up before I tackle this project? Is it necessary to hit the unlock button 4 times "EVERY TIME" I want the features unlocked? Or is it something that you need to set once and all features will be unlocked every time I start up the car?

VGJackson
04-11-08, 09:52 AM
try put all dip switches up and only #2 down. that should help.

I will take it back apart and try it this weekend. The room for all the wires is a real pain!

VGJackson
04-12-08, 04:41 PM
Flipping the switch did fix the categorie flashing problem but now the dvd does not auto switch on... so I guess you have to choose which way you want it to work. I wish the auto dvd play and categories would both work.

yourgmsolutions
04-12-08, 09:39 PM
Flipping the switch did fix the categorie flashing problem but now the dvd does not auto switch on... so I guess you have to choose which way you want it to work. I wish the auto dvd play and categories would both work.

Cadillac keep changing sofware on Escalades periodically. very hard to keep up with them. I know for fact, on some Escalades with switch#1 up, lockpick worked opposite then yours. Today I worked on the newest production Escalade, and just for a hell of it, I've tried lockpick in it.
Guess what, with switch1&2 down everything worked fine, and I could even do menus while in motion.
if anything changes, I'll keep you updated

thetranz
04-17-08, 10:55 PM
I got my lockpick Gen 4 from YourGMSolution (Mark) today, He pre-set dipswitch 1&2 down (ON), installed it. Works like CHAMP!!!. First, I laid and tied lockpick unit in the bottom of radio space, the nav. system was NOT sitting right (was not be able to put radio back all the way). Then, I run lockpick cables behind the where cables for radio came out, and laid and tied lockpick unit in the space just under the analog clock. Connect all the connectors to Nav. unit, put it back in, it laid perfect fit. Any other ideals? let's share different experiences. Oh, since the lockpick unit case is snap in latch, I used electrical tape, taped around the box just for secure.

thatcoder
04-18-08, 07:30 AM
thetranz, what manufacture date do you have on your escalade? thanks.

thetranz
04-18-08, 11:14 PM
Mine was 10/06

wycoff22
05-30-08, 02:12 PM
how to you find out when production date was on your escalade???? i bought mine used??

scroitoru
05-30-08, 02:41 PM
it's on your driver door jam, with all other details, like tire pressure.

wycoff22
05-30-08, 09:12 PM
the tranz you've experienced no problems with bluetooth or nav acting up b/c i have same year car as you but since i heard so many problems i was just going to use nav-tv and sacrifice being able to change destination and the other stuff let me know if you've since had any problems what so ever and does anyknow if you install and nav starts acting up and being retarded if you take lockpick out completely theres not after affects it would go completely back to normal?? Thanks

yourgmsolutions
05-30-08, 10:26 PM
the tranz you've experienced no problems with bluetooth or nav acting up b/c i have same year car as you but since i heard so many problems i was just going to use nav-tv and sacrifice being able to change destination and the other stuff let me know if you've since had any problems what so ever and does anyknow if you install and nav starts acting up and being retarded if you take lockpick out completely theres not after affects it would go completely back to normal?? Thanks

in case if you deside to go with Nav-TV, let me know. I have a few, that I would love to get rid of. $250. Brand new in the box

wycoff22
05-30-08, 11:35 PM
yourgm you would know best i want nav override back up camera whenever bluetooth and ipod but since you keep updating software does that mean theres an off chance it won't work as good as the tranz....also for bluetooth can you put that button somewhere besides cig lighter thats where my radar goes let me know i know your stuff is good but iam no electronic guy iam gonna give it to my guy at tweeter so let me know i would much rather have your product w/ everything

wycoff22
05-31-08, 12:20 AM
ohh and yourgm does it matter i added the oem nav after like my 07' didn't come with it will that affect it at all??

camens
05-31-08, 11:49 PM
I'd like to buy a lockpick. Can you pm me your email yourgmsolutions.....your web page 'contact' link isn't working properly.

yourgmsolutions
06-01-08, 01:29 PM
yourgm you would know best i want nav override back up camera whenever bluetooth and ipod but since you keep updating software does that mean theres an off chance it won't work as good as the tranz....also for bluetooth can you put that button somewhere besides cig lighter thats where my radar goes let me know i know your stuff is good but iam no electronic guy iam gonna give it to my guy at tweeter so let me know i would much rather have your product w/ everything

you should be fine. so far gen4 lockpicks does not have as many problems as previus versions. bluetooth button can be installed in few other places beside sig lighter

yourgmsolutions
06-01-08, 01:31 PM
I'd like to buy a lockpick. Can you pm me your email yourgmsolutions.....your web page 'contact' link isn't working properly.

PM sent

Biggiebeets
06-24-08, 02:23 AM
Yourgmsolutions, Can you PM me I'm also interested in a lockpick for my escalade. Thanks