: Stage 2 of the really fast V program

csp3000
04-02-08, 08:13 PM
Now that the maggie is on the V and the pulley swap will be done in two and a half weeks I am starting to work on Stage 2 of the really fast V program. Here is what the plan is so far & I will have all the spec for everything i.e. Cams, Rocker Arms, etc... in a week:yup:

AFR Mongoose heads- Custom port and polish, The goal is to drop the compression 1/2 a point to a full point with being able to keep the stock head gaskets
Comp Cams- custom grind for the maggie
Adjustable timing set-
“RPM Kit” pushrods-lifters-springs –
Rocker Arms-

The goal is 550rwhp in two months.:lildevil:

nikon
04-02-08, 08:16 PM
I'm not gonna bother posting the video anymore......

trukk
04-02-08, 08:44 PM
Now that the maggie is on the V and the pulley swap will be done in two and a half weeks I am starting to work on Stage 2 of the really fast V program. Here is what the plan is so far & I will have all the spec for everything i.e. Cams, Rocker Arms, etc... in a week:yup:

AFR Mongoose heads- Custom port and polish, The goal is to drop the compression 1/2 a point to a full point with being able to keep the stock head gaskets
Comp Cams- custom grind for the maggie
Adjustable timing set-
“RPM Kit” pushrods-lifters-springs –
Rocker Arms-

The goal is 550rwhp in two months.:lildevil:

Sweet!

Let us know what components you choose.

I have the following going in in about 10 days:

- Yella Terra Ultralite 1.7" non adjustable rockers
- Cloyes Hex Adjust timing set (single chain)
- Comp Hardened push rods
- Patriot Gold 'Extreme' springs with Ti retainers and Super 7 locks
- Melling high flow oil pump
- 42lbs flow matched lucas injectors
- custom ground cam
- all arp fasteners
- 25% UD Harmonic Balencer

-Chris

StealthV
04-02-08, 09:36 PM
V. It's a disease.

nikon
04-02-08, 10:19 PM
^^ you apparantly found the cure :p

StealthV
04-02-08, 10:26 PM
It's merely a placebo until AWD V2 shows up.

nikon
04-02-08, 10:34 PM
:lildevil:

csp3000
04-02-08, 10:45 PM
I'm not gonna bother posting the video anymore......

:histeric:

GMBOUND
04-02-08, 10:50 PM
How many miles do you have CSP???

Max-Q
04-02-08, 11:01 PM
Alright I really need to get a maggie now. What are you using for a rear?

Keep us informed on your progress :thumbsup:

AlmostAV
04-02-08, 11:27 PM
Arent you concerned about your warranty? Where do you get your service done, please do tell.

CTSV_Rob
04-02-08, 11:38 PM
The warranty is just for the electronics isn't it?

csp3000
04-03-08, 12:00 AM
Arent you concerned about your warranty? Where do you get your service done, please do tell.

What is this thing you called a warranty...:hmm: Well if you must know as far as cadillac is concerned my car is stock...;) But I think that has to do with the case of Patron and Cigars that magically appears for my service advisor and tech everytime the V goes into service...:shhh:

csp3000
04-03-08, 12:01 AM
How many miles do you have CSP???

About 37K

GMBOUND
04-03-08, 12:30 AM
That's about right, Mines hasn't been driven enough to start adding go-fast toys.
I would like to be closer to the end of my warranty.
Plus everything came to a halt for me when my Mechanic passed.
I'm to the point now where I've stopped wasting my time taking it to the dealer cause I already know they won't be able to "duplicate my concern." Which is equal to, "We don't have a clue on how to fix that"

1QUICKV
04-03-08, 01:12 AM
V. It's a disease.

That would fix the wheel hop i would think lol CTS-V4 4X4 CTS-V I would jump on that if it had 4x4 and 650 hp to keep up with the ZO6

trukk
04-03-08, 11:40 AM
Sweet!

Let us know what components you choose.

I have the following going in in about 10 days:

- Yella Terra Ultralite 1.7" non adjustable rockers
- Cloyes Hex Adjust timing set (single chain)
- Comp Hardened push rods
- Patriot Gold 'Extreme' springs with Ti retainers and Super 7 locks
- Melling high flow oil pump
- 42lbs flow matched lucas injectors
- custom ground cam
- all arp fasteners
- 25% UD Harmonic Balencer

-Chris

67k miles = no warrantee = time to crack open the engine.

-Chris

Rey
04-03-08, 12:00 PM
If I had a Maggie, my first mods would be towards enhancing the efficiency of the Maggie to wit: long-tube headers, a ported throttle body, and then something no one has addressed, a larger intercooler. Perhaps there isn't enough room for a larger intercooler but has anyone tried this?

JonCR96Z
04-03-08, 01:06 PM
You should go with a thinner head gasket to lower your quench height. That will help promote a better fuel mixture and reduce detonation. It would probably have a greater effect on the AFRs due to the design of the combustion chamber utilizing it's dual quench pads.

Using a 0.040 gasket and running 72cc chambers will net you around 10:1, which is 1/2 point better than stock. If you're having additional porting done to the heads, then you may be able to make the chambers a little bigger by unshrouding the valves a bit, which will help head flow along with further lowering the compression.

As always though, the real power gain is in getting the valve timing right.

StealthV
04-03-08, 01:42 PM
One of the big limits to the Maggie is the intercooler core between the blower and the engine, not the one mounted externally in front of the car. Even with the stock Maggie setup, it'll still haul ass for lap after lap on the roadcourse in 100+ degree heat.

Air-to-air is the way to go but how many want a pro-street size hood bulge?

csp3000
04-04-08, 03:21 PM
Ok, here is the new update. With some advice from a friend with a bad ass V i am going to also upgrade the pistons in the LS6 so to make it bullet proof since I am already changing everything else and allow me to keep the compression ratio the same. I am prob going to have to hone the cylinder and I might increase the bore 30 over thus adding some cubes. As soon as I get my options for the pistons I will post them.

heavymetals
04-04-08, 03:40 PM
Check out the Comp Cams #1500 system.

I run that in my V and have another set for the Z.

NormV
04-04-08, 05:11 PM
Just go with the truck heads to lower compression. That way your less likely to detonate and save the bucks for pistons whe you finally do.

Norm

Ok, here is the new update. With some advice from a friend with a bad ass V i am going to also upgrade the pistons in the LS6 so to make it bullet proof since I am already changing everything else and allow me to keep the compression ratio the same. I am prob going to have to hone the cylinder and I might increase the bore 30 over thus adding some cubes. As soon as I get my options for the pistons I will post them.

stkshkr
04-04-08, 05:45 PM
You can only go to 3.905 IIRC on the LS6 without resleeving (very expensive!). If you want to increase cubic inches, stroke it.