: Input on McGaughy's Lowering Kit???

baskalade
04-02-08, 05:00 PM
I'm going to purchase a lowing kit and was thinking about going with McGaughy's kit. Anyone have this and/or opinions about it?

I've heard eibach's kit is a little rough, and recommended a spindle kit for the stock like feel....

Salo
04-02-08, 06:46 PM
I had the 2/3 installed and I love the new look. The ride is a little rougher than stock, but I don't mind it. Go for it. You could do a search, as others have been there before.

91sonomast
04-07-08, 09:08 PM
a spindle drop will help u keep the factory ride, all it does is change where the wheel rides on the truck, where a spring or key drop changes the whole suspension geometry, you hit the bump stops much earlier. a spindle drop is your best bet. i have never used McGaughy's products personally, but the product is a good looking quality piece. i have a friend that has a 4wd silverado and used the spindles and loves them.
and also with a spindle drop NORMALLY you do not need a alignment, but it doesnt hurt to have it checked, with a spring or torsion key drop, you are definately going to need an alignment