: Automatic brights

joeg679
04-02-08, 04:52 PM
I have a question about the automatic brights. When I first got the car they would go on all the time on my street where there are no street lights, now they don't go on at all in the places where they used to. Where is the control for them? I am think that maybe I or my girlfriend hit it by accident. Thanks

TSS
04-02-08, 05:25 PM
I have a question about the automatic brights. When I first got the car they would go on all the time on my street where there are no street lights, now they don't go on at all in the places where they used to. Where is the control for them? I am think that maybe I or my girlfriend hit it by accident. Thanks

What? Automatic bright headlights? I am fairly sure my 07 does not have that feature.

EDIT: I do not have Intellibeam, therefore I guess I do not have auto brights......

Dif
04-02-08, 05:29 PM
The button to turn Intellibeam on and off is on the windshield rear view mirror.
It's labeled "auto" with a headlight symbol and should be the button all the way to the left.
I was really surprised how accurate it works.. really nice.

Also keep in mind, it does not work when the Fog Lights are on.

Salo
04-02-08, 07:48 PM
You must also have the headlights "auto on" feature turned on.

hcvone
04-08-08, 01:03 PM
The button to turn Intellibeam on and off is on the windshield rear view mirror.
It's labeled "auto" with a headlight symbol and should be the button all the way to the left.

It really works great, I love that feature.

roccos_van
04-08-08, 01:44 PM

I always thought that button was for turning on/off the 'auto-dim' feature of the mirror?

hcvone
04-08-08, 02:01 PM
That is the other button. ;)

scroitoru
04-09-08, 07:07 PM
what other button? really, is there another button for auto-dim, or is it always ON, and Auto?

this is from the manual:
"Automatic Dimming
Your vehicle has an inside automatic dimming rearview mirror. The automatic dimming feature is activated whenever the vehicle is turned on and dims only during nighttime driving."

hcvone
04-10-08, 09:01 AM
The first button on the mirror on the left is labeled auto and a pix of lights, that turns the auto high beams on or off. :) Driving with you fogs on will also keep the auto high beams off as said. :)

TSS
04-10-08, 09:41 AM
And, if you don't have NAV, you don't have this feature (at least that is the way it was in 2007).

Dif
04-10-08, 12:36 PM
what other button? really, is there another button for auto-dim, or is it always ON, and Auto?

this is from the manual:
"Automatic Dimming
Your vehicle has an inside automatic dimming rearview mirror. The automatic dimming feature is activated whenever the vehicle is turned on and dims only during nighttime driving."
Carl had me going for a minute too. :bouncy:
The Mirror itself it fully Automatic as you read in the manual. No button.

The button described in this thread is for the auto off and on of the headlight Intellibeam Auto high and Low.
Intellibeam is not a standard feature. It's part of the Nav etc. Option Package.
I forget exactly how it was for 07 but here's what it is now:

V8 ULTRA LUXURY COLLECTION
includes (U3R) Audio system with navigation,
(UVC) Rearview camera system,
(TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps,
(KB6) heated and cooled seats,
(KA9) heated steering wheel,
(P56) 22" x 9" (55.9 cm x 22.9 cm) 7-spoke chromed aluminum wheels
(CF5) power sunroof (PDW)

hcvone
04-10-08, 12:47 PM
Had to read the thread title again myself, the button does nothing for the mirror, it's just located on the mirror. ;)