: Speaker Test

sixpackd
04-02-08, 01:57 PM
Hey Guys

I just put in the Finding Nemo DVD for fun, and ran thru the THX audio test, just to make sure all speakers are working correctly.

Well, with the sound set to surround, everything set to middle, and using 5.1 channels, I went thru the test.

Everything was good except for the rear left. Before I send the car back to the dealer, I'm gonna disconnect the GMX-320 to make sure that thats not the culprit, but I also wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this problem?

btw, you wont be able to detect the issue just by using the balance and fader controls, not sure why, but my guess is that since there are more that 4 speakers, the balance and fader only affect speaker zones. I'm going to try with another DVD as well.

to be continued.

Sixpackd

Quicksilver08
04-05-08, 09:45 PM
how did u run the THX test? is it a seperate DVD? im using a Gen 4 lockpick and i also wanna see if i have the same problem... as far as all the speakers not working i had that problem when i was installing my lockpick and i only had one side working... solution was that i actually had to push in the black plug behind the nav a lot harder and then they ended up working.

sixpackd
04-07-08, 01:31 PM
Its on most THX certified DVDs.

goto the main menu screen, and usually under setup, there is a THX-Optimizer logo. hightlight the logo and hit enter.

then it will go thru the different tests you can do.

hcvone
04-08-08, 11:55 AM
I play a lot of 5.1 DVD's and all speaker work fine, would not be surprised if it was the GMX unit, check all plug connections. :)