: Rainsense Wipers

mattroberts123
04-02-08, 12:02 PM
WTF? Maybe I am going about this the wrong way... but I let it POUR on my car the other day while driving, without turning the wipers on... and they NEVER came on.

I just assume they are to come on whenever they sense rain even if the wipers are turned off?

hcvone
04-02-08, 12:14 PM
The wipers have to be set on one of the delayed settings, then they will wiper when they sense rain, if they would work in the off position you could not turn them off say if you went to a car wash, possible damaging the wipers. :)

TSS
04-02-08, 01:54 PM
Beat me to it again!! ^^ He is correct. They cannot be in the "off" positon. Must be somewhere in the intermittent wiper position. Another example of when you would not want them to automatically come on is when you are at a toll booth or drive through - so the attendants do not get hit with wiper splash.

So basically, the adjustment on the "delay"/"intermittent" feature is not time oriented, like they used to be. Rather, the wipers become more sensitive (ie likely to turn on), as precipitaion increases, the higher you set your adjustment. I know there is an easier way to explain this, someone help me out.

Dif
04-02-08, 02:25 PM
The wipers need to be turned on to one of the Intermitten settings.
They will work according to the particular setting but are also now in Rainsense mode.
From then on, they will "automatically" go faster or slower depending on the amount of rain. :bouncy:

mattroberts123
04-02-08, 03:58 PM
hahahah I had never thought of that... turn the wipers off so they don't hit the toll booth toll collectors?

hahahah next time I will be sure to turn them on FULL SPEED :stirpot: when raining so I blast the attendants!! hahahahah They are always rude anyways, this will just help make sure they stay awake!

Thanks for the help guys... makes sense. I'll have to go give it a try now