: HVAC Controls

dciliberti
04-02-08, 09:09 AM
What happens if you shut the passenger side HVAC off? Does it totally shut off the airflow or does it default to the driver temp and controlls?

SWRidin
04-02-08, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure it defaults to driver temp. So the driver temp controls both zones. Passenger temp is only used to contradict driver side. Warmer or cooler. The vents shut pretty well if your passenger wants no air on them at all. We actually rarely use the passenger zone. Like in the winter, it gets too hot for me but wifey likes it toasty, so I'll have the passenger heater on and the driver at a lower degree with some outside air blowing in at the lowest setting.

TSS
04-02-08, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure it defaults to driver temp. So the driver temp controls both zones. Passenger temp is only used to contradict driver side. Warmer or cooler. The vents shut pretty well if your passenger wants no air on them at all. We actually rarely use the passenger zone. Like in the winter, it gets too hot for me but wifey likes it toasty, so I'll have the passenger heater on and the driver at a lower degree with some outside air blowing in at the lowest setting.

EXACTLY ^^^^. If you are driving alone, leave it off. If you are driving w/ a passenger, only use it if they want a warmer or cooler temp than your setting.

hcvone
04-02-08, 11:15 AM

That is how mine work. :)