: Cutting Power Running Boards For Wheels

dantov
04-01-08, 06:18 PM
Anybody out there put 24s or 26s on and have to cut the power running boards?

mattroberts123
04-01-08, 06:38 PM
My dealer puts 24s on a lot of their stock vehicles to help move them quicker.

They said that on the power running boards, there are large holes in the running boards that allow for adjustment towards the front or back of the truck. They said that if you move the power boards all the way to the back, (about an inch back from where they come factory) that everything works fine.

As far as 26s, Im not sure.... I have 26s and specifically ordered the standard running boards so I would not have issue... I have still had to trim the front corner off of the stock running boards to help with rubbing when turning... even with doign this, I still rub a little on the inner fender and stuff.... more trimming to do!

dantov
04-01-08, 08:15 PM
Thanks Man,
Well i will look for the holes.....are they on the lower side or a side of the board, and i assume you mean they are near the "Caps" of the running board? Any more infor or a pic would help a lot. Thanks Man...
Dan

mattroberts123
04-01-08, 11:21 PM
by the holes, I meant the actual holes where the bolts go through that hold the boards to the frame.

I havent seen the holes myself, only the shifted running boards at a glance looking at the side of the vehicle.

dantov
04-01-08, 11:24 PM
Kewl Bro, I will try it, and take some pics and post......
fingers crossed, 24" on the way,......

TBW
04-02-08, 01:13 AM
I have the power running boards on my EXT with 24 inch Lorenzo rims. If you run a 295 size tire and not a 305 you wont have any of that hassle with trying to shorten the boards. I have no rubbing issues whatsoever.

newmoney
04-02-08, 02:01 AM
I have the power running boards and 26's so I will check mine and come back. I don't think they moved mine but I don't have any issues either.

boss513
04-02-08, 02:50 AM
My dealer puts 24s on a lot of their stock vehicles to help move them quicker.

They said that on the power running boards, there are large holes in the running boards that allow for adjustment towards the front or back of the truck. They said that if you move the power boards all the way to the back, (about an inch back from where they come factory) that everything works fine.

As far as 26s, Im not sure.... I have 26s and specifically ordered the standard running boards so I would not have issue... I have still had to trim the front corner off of the stock running boards to help with rubbing when turning... even with doign this, I still rub a little on the inner fender and stuff.... more trimming to do!

level your front end out and it wont rub.

dantov
04-02-08, 08:37 AM
THanks Guys,
So a McGaugheys 2/3 drop kit recommended? or what do you think.....
New to the forum, and so pleased with everyone's feedback.....
the 24s have 305s on them, so any more feedback would be great...
Dan

MarkMatthews
04-24-08, 01:19 AM
there are four allen bolts (2 in the front 2 in back) on the running boards. loosen those four bolts and slide the board back. it sits on a track