: If you thought the girl with the brand new SLK was ridiculous...

gary88
04-01-08, 04:43 PM
Take a look at what I just saw on campus. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/s5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/gheb88/s52.jpg

And the exhaust sound on it = :worship::worship::worship::worship:

the cadillac kid
04-01-08, 04:52 PM
yeah depaul is cool and all... theres a kid here on campus who has lambo, needless to say :drool:

dkozloski
04-01-08, 04:54 PM
The BMOC here drives an Oshkosh truck.

70eldo
04-01-08, 05:12 PM
Audi A5. Too expensive for what you really get. Not saying it is bad. It's good stuff, but way too expensive.

See them every day here

gary88
04-01-08, 05:13 PM
Audi A5. Too expensive for what you really get. Not saying it is bad. It's good stuff, but way too expensive.

See them every day here

It would be too expensive, but there's an S badge on it that makes everything better

Jesda
04-01-08, 05:16 PM
Thats a damn fine car!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 05:50 PM
That's a damn hot car! I'm jealous of you Gary....always seeing S and CL classes on campus. At the community college I went to, there was one student (also named Chad) who drove his dad's S430 to school every day. He was a cool guy though, so it didn't bother me.

Florian
04-01-08, 07:04 PM
having driven an S4 for a few years, I can say that they are well put together, but they cant run a pushrod to save their souls....

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 07:33 PM
2.7 biturbo or 4.2L V8 S4?

CadillacSTS42005
04-01-08, 08:22 PM
i hate people
its spoiled little brats like that that give me a bad name because i bust my ass for my car
and every time i show it off, i hear how mommy and daddy bought my car for me...

parexa
04-01-08, 08:48 PM
Had a change to drive A5 3.0 diesel, great car, sweet acceleration, turned a lot of heads, I got less than 7litres per 100km on the road (should be around 35mpg)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty sure if you pulled up into my high school in a brand new A5, you'd get keyed. Not to say the students of Eagan High School don't (or didn't) have nice cars, but a brand new $50,000 Audi, driven by a student, is gonna raise a few eyebrows.

I pulled into the high school lot this morning on the way to work, it was the first time I've been in there since I graduated, and I in the student lot I saw three real nice luxury cars; 1993-94 LS400, 01-06 LS430, and a ~98 740iL. The LS400 is understandable as a high schooler's car....either it's a hand me down from his parents (Eagan is a fairly upper end city) or he works a solid job and banks some money...or he deals drugs haha. The LS430 is a bit extreme for a high schooler's car...I'd bet that's his parents car, or they bought it for him. And the 740iL, like my car, can be had *fairly* cheap ($10,000 range) nowadays, so it's somewhat understandable for a teenager, but it's probably not gonna get all the maintenance and repairs it may need.

In my graduating class, there were a few people that had brand new cars purchased by their parents. There was one girl who had a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer, and a friend of hers had a '03 Ram Quad Cab...got it for his 16th birthday...I'd heard his parents paid around $30,000 for it, and there was one other guy who had a brand new Mazda 6s (V-6) from his parents. I'd heard he was the richest kid in the class of '05, but I may be wrong there.

Either way, I felt pretty damn good (and individual) in my Roadmaster, and later, my deVille.

MauiV
04-01-08, 09:50 PM
The parking lot at The Woodlands HS where I lived in Texas was FULL of tricked out F250 Super Duty diesels, Saleen Mustangs and Corvettes with the guys.

The girls were all in convertible 3's, SLKs, Lexus SC convertibles, and Lexus RX.

We called it Pleasantville. I LOVED it there though.

caddycruiser
04-01-08, 11:04 PM
I JUST saw one of these on the street today...and loved it. Not a student car, though.

We have enough Audi A4's, BMW 3-series, etc. (you know, the low end), among the other BMW X3's and X5's, 5-series, various MB's, etc. to start a high end dealer lot.

Give it time, I know I will see an Audi A5 show up before long;)

orconn
04-01-08, 11:57 PM
There will always be kids in high school or college with expensive cars. Parents trying to buy love, or parents keeping up with the Joneses, or just to busy to put up with the wining, or maybe making up for a childhood of perceived deprivation. As parents we all want to do well by our children and for many buying something they "want" seems a good way to assuage own insecurities. I admire the kid, boy or girl, who works and finds a way to buy a car to be proud of whether that be a old Cad or a new ricer ....... if the kid had the initiative to get out and earn the money to buy it, more power to him or her. The kids that are just given these cars really don't learn much. But then from what I read "boob and nose jobs" are becoming almost a "must have" for teenage girls ....did Mom stop to think she got the kid's father without the benefit of cosmetic surgery (but then maybe she didn't, who am I to say). We can rant about about the extraordinary materialism of our age, incidententally not just American society but Western and Western influenced society .......... but then who needs a four thousand square foot house with granite counter tops and two Jacuzzi tubbed bathrooms ..... to listen to my wife who is in real estate, everyone from the lower middle income up! So today we have Congress trying to bail out lenders who lent money to people who even the village idiot knew couldn't pay and to people who should have known at least how to read the mortagage agreement they signed when in fact they could barely make the rent. Some call this the "Trump Economy" one in which your ego and poor business judgement get you into the banks so deep that the banks can't afford to let you go under and have to keep bailing you out to avoid letting the investment community and the public know what fools the lenders were. Today our government is faced with the same situation and rather than let the Adam Smith's "invisible hand" take its' course they will try bail out those that are the perpetrators ........ and so,in the long run our children will suffer.

CadillacGurl
04-02-08, 01:13 AM
Dude! What time was that Gary?? Damn I missed a nice car... grrrr

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-02-08, 01:14 AM
i hate people
its spoiled little brats like that that give me a bad name because i bust my ass for my car
and every time i show it off, i hear how mommy and daddy bought my car for me...

Same here. For those of you who live near chicago, drive past Hinsdale Central HS on a school day. I kid you not, the other day there was a Rolls Royce, at least 2 maybe 3 brand new Range Rovers, and 2 or 3 Jags in the parking lot, all with student parking passes hanging from the rearview.

CadillacGurl
04-02-08, 01:46 AM
Same here. For those of you who live near chicago, drive past Hinsdale Central HS on a school day. I kid you not, the other day there was a Rolls Royce, at least 2 maybe 3 brand new Range Rovers, and 2 or 3 Jags in the parking lot, all with student parking passes hanging from the rearview.

Hahahaha I know 2 people that go there. They drive an old nissan though...

the cadillac kid
04-02-08, 02:07 AM
^^ :lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 08:08 AM

Wow.....hope it was an '80s vintage Roller...because that's the only sort of Rolls you can get for anywhere near a "decent" amount nowadays.

RunningOnEMT
04-02-08, 09:12 AM
there was a guy at maryland who had a hennessy viper, or at least a viper with hennessy stickers on it...

poser or not thats still a damned expensive car for a college kid... not lambo status, but still

lost of mustangs, big diesel trucks, and your typical F-bodies, a smattering of vettes, and the ricers were everywhere

luckily all through college i had my 2000 lightning, i didnt have the fanciest car, but it was damned near the loudest headers, blower, no cats, no mufflers

Blackout
04-02-08, 10:59 AM
Man that's nothing. We have a ultra rare Plymouth Laser SS model!!! But for the most part the cars around campus here aren't anything special. Mostly ricers and crap but there is a person here that has a Mitsubishi Galant VR4 so he/she could have it modded up and destroy damn near anything around here. I'm going to have to start taking pics of the cars around here.

70eldo
04-02-08, 11:04 AM
Since minimum driving age is 18 in Europe, all we had in highschool was mopeds and bicycles...

TSS
04-02-08, 11:11 AM
How about this one. There is a student at MSU (Michigan State) that has two cars at the condo his folks bought for him while he goes to school. An approx 06 black H1 for the Michigan winters, and a 07 lime green Gallardo for nice days. Ridiculous.

Cadillacboy
04-02-08, 11:33 AM
I like those led headlights :yup:

Sinister Angel
04-02-08, 11:34 AM
How about this one. There is a student at MSU (Michigan State) that has two cars at the condo his folks bought for him while he goes to school. An approx 06 black H1 for the Michigan winters, and a 07 lime green Gallardo for nice days. Ridiculous.

Heh, michigan state...

RunningOnEMT
04-02-08, 11:46 AM

sounds like fun,

when i was buying my V there was a frequent customer there showing off his new gallardo, in person they're TINY i really don't like them all that much. i mean if someone handed me the keys i wouldnt turn one down but i just don't like them too much.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 12:14 PM
Agreed. The Gallardo is nice, but the Murcielago, and Reventon, is where it's at!

CadillacGurl
04-04-08, 01:42 PM
Deffinately Murcielago :yup:

Destroyer
04-04-08, 10:53 PM
The parking lot at The Woodlands HS where I lived in Texas was FULL of tricked out F250 Super Duty diesels, Saleen Mustangs and Corvettes with the guys.

The girls were all in convertible 3's, SLKs, Lexus SC convertibles, and Lexus RX.

We called it Pleasantville. I LOVED it there though.I graduated back in '89 but I remember the cars vividly. I myself had a '78 Monte Carlo with a modified '70 LT1/th350/4.11 gears. Other cars were an '88 Trans Am GTA 350 (hot shot, I whooped his ass with the Monte :cool2:). There was a modified 340 Cuda w/4 speed, a brand new '89 Thunderbird Supercoupe, '76(ish) Olds Starfire (like Monza) w/327 Chevy and dual quads, 2 new '88 Mustang GT's, a new '88 Cavalier Z24 and several 2nd gen Camaro's and Firebird/Trans Ams. I'm leaving out the more mundane rides and concentrating on the ones I thought were cool at the time. Fun times. I beat all those cars except for the Cuda, he took my Monte by a car length in a much anticipated race that pretty much the whole HS just "had" to watch. It was a match that had been brewing for months between all the gearheads in the HS actively wondering which one was faster..............my Monte or the Cuda. A buddy of mine set the race up for me and I didn't even want to do it but I couldn't say no. Wish I won (to this day) but what can you do?.