: 99 Escalade Bose problems... please help

drewoflorton
04-01-08, 03:48 PM
Ok well I just bought a 99 escalade and in a hurry to install my aftermarket head-unit I purchased the bose integration kit so I wouldn't have to bypass the factory amp. I think the kit was called PAC-OS 1 or something along those lines. Anyway this worked great for a few weeks until all of a sudden there was no sound at all coming from the speakers. I don't know what went wrong. I'm assuming either the bose amp blew, or a wire came loose. But I need help in fixing this situation. I need help finding, removing, and diagnosing the bose amp. Also, after spending a couple hundred dollars on the bose integration kit, i'd rather not end up bypassing the bose amp, but if that is the most sensible thing to do then i'm willing to do what I gotta do. I just really need to fix this and I can't afford a professionals labor costs. So if theres any information anyone can give me it will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

drewoflorton
04-06-08, 10:16 PM
i'm pretty sure the bose amp is in the center console.. but the center console itself is really hard to take apart and remove from the car.... any suggestions?

CadillacSTS42005
04-06-08, 10:34 PM
where are you located

drewoflorton
04-09-08, 12:03 AM
northern virginia, right outside DC

CadillacSTS42005
04-09-08, 10:16 PM
egh too far for me to try and diagnose...