: Northstar engine swap

hemiboy
04-01-08, 02:11 PM
I have a 1997 Seville STS. It has a blown headgasket and is knocking. I have purchase a 2004 engine and transmission complete on the K frame. What is needed to switch out the motors? I know I need to use all of the electrical harness from the 1997. Can I strip the block down to a long block and use the rest of the accesories from the 1997? What needs to happen and can this be done? What are the differences between the motors?

AJxtcman
04-01-08, 05:25 PM
I have a 1997 Seville STS. It has a blown headgasket and is knocking. I have purchase a 2004 engine and transmission complete on the K frame. What is needed to switch out the motors? I know I need to use all of the electrical harness from the 1997. Can I strip the block down to a long block and use the rest of the accesories from the 1997? What needs to happen and can this be done? What are the differences between the motors?

The only way this may be possible is if you use a harness and PCM from a 00 to 02 Eldo. You may need to swap out the ABS module with one from the later Eldo also. If you had a 99 Deville I beleive the 00 eldo PCM will work in the 99 Deville without swapping the ABS. :thumbsup:

zonie77
04-01-08, 11:26 PM
There were major changes between 99 and 2000 series engines. While it can be made to work it is much easier to find the right engine.