: Which fast food chain makes the best breakfasts?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 03:02 PM
As long as we're on the topic of fast food, which fast food chain do you think offers the best breakfast meals?

I've had no luck with any of them in my area. BK used to be good, but then I had a few bad meals there, so I never went back for B-fast. McD's on the whole is disgusting too, but their potato cakes are pretty good.

Generally, for breakfasts, I like Dennys, but they're not fast food.
Anyways, what do you all think?

AMGoff
04-01-08, 03:10 PM
None... "Adam's Kitchen" makes the best breakfast, as far as I'm concerned!

Although... I have to admit, Wawa (for those of you in the Mid-Atlantic anyway) has started making those toasted ciabatta breakfast sandwiches - and surprisingly enough.. they're pretty damn good!

gary88
04-01-08, 03:29 PM
I avoid fast food for the most part, especially their breakfasts, but McDonalds hash browns have always been a favorite of mine.

Rolex
04-01-08, 04:00 PM
IHOP isn't fast but they make the best breakfast IMO. I don't care for fast food breakfasts much, but I'll vote for Chick-fil-a's chicken biscuits.

Florian
04-01-08, 04:09 PM
+1 on the IHOP (international hangout of police - as we call it)

F

EcSTSatic
04-01-08, 04:14 PM
I usually avoid them but we seem to always hit the turnpike Burger King on trips. Their breakfast muffins are decent.

RunningOnEMT
04-01-08, 04:29 PM
fastfood is a strict nono... spastic rectal sphincter is a bad thing ....

just take some toast, some eggs, and some butter chop up the toast, throw some butter in a pan and chuck the whole mess in there, country eggs

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dkozloski
04-01-08, 04:41 PM
Upon waking in the morning pour a pint of bourbon into two glasses. Down the first immediately and nurse the other until time to leave for work.

Brett
04-01-08, 04:44 PM
1st place is anything from Chick-fil-a, especially the biscuits.

IF you NEED something greasy and yummy then the Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel from McDonalds is the best, though disgusting at the same time

P-Funk
04-01-08, 04:48 PM
McDonald's has great cinnamon rolls, so they get my vote.

RunningOnEMT
04-01-08, 04:52 PM
Upon waking in the morning pour a pint of bourbon into two glasses. Down the first immediately and nurse the other until time to leave for work.

the masked hypothermia special:worship:

dwight.j.carter
04-01-08, 05:15 PM
I prefer Mcdonald's for breakfast but lately the BK Lounge has been the spot for me since they started offering cheesy tots. They are delicious !

AlBundy
04-01-08, 06:50 PM
IHOP isn't fast but they make the best breakfast IMO. I don't care for fast food breakfasts much, but I'll vote for Chick-fil-a's chicken biscuits.

:yeah::highfive:Fast food = Duncan Donuts sausage, egg and cheese croissant.

orconn
04-01-08, 07:26 PM

Yeah, and Binky Bear nods off for the rest of the Winter!

Rolex
04-01-08, 07:34 PM
fastfood is a strict nono... spastic rectal sphincter is a bad thing ....

just take some toast, some eggs, and some butter chop up the toast, throw some butter in a pan and chuck the whole mess in there, country eggs

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My daily breakfast: 1-1.5 cups egg beaters, 1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal + skim milk, 1/2 serving fruit, 1 piece LF low cal toast sprayed with "near-butter" spray, and 1 tall glass of high quality H2O.

Spyder
04-01-08, 07:39 PM
That's just gross.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 07:46 PM
On weekday mornings, I like two slices of white toast, cooked to a light brown, covered in bacon bits with a glass of YO-J.

dkozloski
04-01-08, 07:47 PM
My daily breakfast: 1-1.5 cups egg beaters, 1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal + skim milk, 1/2 serving fruit, 1 piece LF low cal toast sprayed with "near-butter" spray, and 1 tall glass of high quality H2O.
I don't see anything there that provides anything remotely resembling nutrition. You might as well save some money and eat sawdust or popcorn..

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 08:08 PM
Man, I had one kickass breakfast at an Arby's in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Only time I've had Arby's for breakfast. Otherwise, I get equal cravings for BK and McD breakfasts.

Am I the only one who thinks the McD's pancakes taste like marshmallow?

dkozloski
04-01-08, 08:21 PM
Corn Flakes are good.

MauiV
04-01-08, 09:43 PM
2nd the Chick-fil-A. The chicken biscuit is MONEY.

IHOP is GROSSLY overpriced IMO but stuffed French Toast is a good choice.

Dennys Moons over MyHammy also always a solid choice.

The only thing on the McDs breakfast menu I even contemplate is the McGriddle. From "I Hope they serve beer in Hell"...

Tucker : "Dude--That thing looks disgusting. It has to be nasty, with the syrup shit in it. What is that?"

SlingBlade : "I can only assume from your cavalier attitude that you have not yet partake of the wonderment that is the McGriddle. Let me enlighten you. What happens is the One True God grows them on trees in the Elysian Fields using a heretofore unused incantation. He then proceeds to magic them down to your local eatery where whatever Ghetto Bastard cook your McDonalds has rescued from welfare that week proceeds to wrap it in cellophane and pass it along to you, the fortunate consumer. You proceed to ingest this finery in the vain hope that your obviously overmatched taste buds can somehow grasp the delectable intricacies it is suddenly faced with. Is that egg? why yes it is, and bacon too. But wait-They didnt add... yes they did, yes they did indeed. They added cheese. And then, then my friends, they wrapped it in a sumptuous pancake bun! As your taste buds try to process that amazing piece of information, IT hits them... the syrup nugget. THE MOTHER****ING SYRUP NUGGET!!! It announces itself with a burst of confectionery grandiosity the likes of which your palate has never seen."

Tucker : "So you like them?"

SlingBlade : "if you EVER speak ill of the McGriddle again I will personally force-feed you one while I f'ck you in the butt using the wrapper as a condom and then donkey punch you when the infused syrup nuggets explode in your mouth."

hueterm
04-02-08, 01:26 AM
Man, I just can't do the Egg Beaters... I can use them to make pancakes or French toast, but just haven't been able to eat them. However, don't do eggs that often -- usually on weekends. If I've eaten eggs more than a couple of times in a week, I'll cut out one of the yolks.

I typically eat a couple pieces of sprouted grain bread (like Ezekiel bread), whipped cream cheese, and either veggie/soy sausages, turkey, ham, or smoked salmon.

My favorite of all time is a Panera Bread Asiago Bagel, REAL cream cheese, a package of smoked salmon, onion, and capers........MMMMM. Have given up the bagels though, so have to make do.

As far as fast food goes, if I have to, I'll get a Chick Fil A and throw out the biscuit, and eat it w/previously mentioned toast. Same w/a McDonald's sausage/egg biscuit.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-02-08, 02:11 AM
I rarely eat fast-food breakfast. I usually just eat 3-4 bowls of cereal, which is also why I go through a box every two days and a gallon of milk every 3 days.

If I have the time, I will go to Denny's. If I am short on time, its off to McDonald's for a McGriddle. Mmm, syrupy goodness.

dkozloski
04-02-08, 02:20 PM
I go buy a fast food breakfast, look at it until I lose my appetite completely, throw it out the window, and I'm good 'til noon.

Rolex
04-02-08, 02:41 PM
I go buy a fast food breakfast, look at it until I lose my appetite completely, throw it out the window, and I'm good 'til noon.

:histeric:

Buy a McDonald's sausage biscuit and open it up to room air. You can leave it indefinitely and it will NEVER mold or mildew. Same rules apply to their basic hamburger. They'll look like the day you bought them a month later. There's something not right about that. :ack:

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 04:13 PM
:histeric:

Buy a McDonald's sausage biscuit and open it up to room air. You can leave it indefinitely and it will NEVER mold or mildew. Same rules apply to their basic hamburger. They'll look like the day you bought them a month later. There's something not right about that. :ack:I think there's a problem with you actually knowing that...

dkozloski
04-02-08, 05:06 PM
I think there's a problem with you actually knowing that...
I'd hate to think about what you'll find in the back seat of his car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 05:28 PM
Carter era condoms.

Night Wolf
04-02-08, 05:41 PM
Sasuage, egg and cheese McGriddle from Mickey D's....

otherwise I dunno, if it's AM and I am getting breakfast, maybe Chick-fil-a, but usually Dunkin Donuts for a (good) cup of coffee and an everything bagle toasted with creame cheese.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 06:02 PM
I dunno about you guys, but it's not very often that I'm very hungry in the morning. Usually, I'll just have a piece of toast, croissant, bagel, etc etc and some milk, OJ or YO-J. Unless I'm starving, or in the right mood, I generally won't stop for breakfast anywhere.

Rolex
04-02-08, 06:43 PM
I think there's a problem with you actually knowing that...

:lol:

There was actually a thread on a gun forum where a guy took pics of a a McD hamburger for a month. I should re-create that thread with the burger and biscuit here for grins.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 06:54 PM
Yeah, how about not.

caddycruiser
04-02-08, 09:05 PM
I usually avoid them but we seem to always hit the turnpike Burger King on trips. Their breakfast muffins are decent.

Same here. No one in the family ever does fast food breakfasts, lunches, or dinners on even a remotely regular basis (few times a year, and only when traveling), but when we do, it's almost always a BK stop for breakfast-like items. Same for lunch. Rarely of the rare, it will be McD's, if that just happens to be near.

All about eating before/during/after trip, saving money, and health. Just don't touch fast food, in general, aside from BK and McD's that once or twice a year.

The only exception, on my behalf, being Wawa when I'm at home and working or occasionally here at school, for No Sugar Iced Coffee (love it...wish more places had the same) or a grab of apples and/or mixed fruit for a lunch or snack.

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 10:04 PM
Same here. No one in the family ever does fast food breakfasts, lunches, or dinners on even a remotely regular basis (few times a year, and only when traveling), but when we do, it's almost always a BK stop for breakfast-like items. Same for lunch. Rarely of the rare, it will be McD's, if that just happens to be near.

All about eating before/during/after trip, saving money, and health. Just don't touch fast food, in general, aside from BK and McD's that once or twice a year.

The only exception, on my behalf, being Wawa when I'm at home and working or occasionally here at school, for No Sugar Iced Coffee (love it...wish more places had the same) or a grab of apples and/or mixed fruit for a lunch or snack.Get the healthy douchebags outta here, ummmkay?:alchi::bouncy::thepan::stirpot:

DILLIGAF
04-02-08, 10:48 PM
My Day To Shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the best of my knowledge,we have the only Wendys with a full breakfast menu!

I will post pics if I need to!

And yes,it kicks a$$

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 11:27 PM

And yes,it kicks a$$I think that's a nationwide thing. I've seen a number of local Wendy's doing breakfast now, too. I haven't had the chance to try it though...

CTSV_Rob
04-03-08, 12:02 AM
1st place is anything from Chick-fil-a, especially the biscuits.

IF you NEED something greasy and yummy then the Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel from McDonalds is the best, though disgusting at the same time
2nd the Steak, Egg and Cheese but you must open it up and grab a handful of napkins to get rid of the extra grease.

McDonald's hash browns are great if fresh and pure crap when they get cold.

IHOP is OK, but I prefer the mom and pop places for a real breakfast.

Ham egg and cheese omelet, hash browns, sour dough toast, large cup of OJ and a Large Coffee... :drool:

MauiV
04-03-08, 12:08 AM
My favorite breakfast items:

Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville, Bourbon Ball French Toast (she beat Bobby Flay with it on Throwdown) and BLT fries.

Kihei Cafe in Maui, Breakfast Fried Rice with ham, sausage and bacon.

dkozloski
04-03-08, 12:18 AM

And yes,it kicks a$$
There are 300 Wendy's nationwide that have deployed the new breakfast menu. It's nearly the same as the menu they had twenty years ago.

MauiV
04-03-08, 12:41 AM
My problem is Im usually not up in time to hit most breakfast menus.

hueterm
04-04-08, 07:33 PM
My favorite breakfast items:

Lynn's Paradise Cafe in Louisville, Bourbon Ball French Toast (she beat Bobby Flay with it on Throwdown) and BLT fries.

Kihei Cafe in Maui, Breakfast Fried Rice with ham, sausage and bacon.

I can't remember the name of it now, but there was a place near the base of Haleakala that had the BEST Belgian waffles (with bacon:bouncy:...) I guess it could have been the scenery that helped out some...

dkozloski
04-05-08, 01:57 AM
It's hard to beat a grilled ribsteak medium rare, three eggs over medium, shredded hash browns, a toasted English muffin, OJ to wash it down, and a cup of Nabob coffee. Follow it immediately with a nap on the screened-in porch until noon.

minnesotamom
04-05-08, 02:46 AM
Fast food breakfasts are one of my secret indulgences. Arby's has the best. they actually have great OJ. Don't do it often...but oh, man..when I do..

Actully kind of an ongoing joke in our family...when my kids brought home straight A's on their report cards..and their friends got rewarded with a pile of cash..my kids got a breakfast sandwich.

Hey..as a mom I have to tell you guys..eat some protein in the morning..even if it's a little smear of peanut butter on your toast..best thing you can do for yourself

MauiV
04-05-08, 03:32 AM
I can't remember the name of it now, but there was a place near the base of Haleakala that had the BEST Belgian waffles (with bacon:bouncy:...) I guess it could have been the scenery that helped out some...

Charlies in Paia? Pics of Willie Nelson everywhere? I think it recently burned.

BEST pancakes in the world are Tasty Crust in Kahului. Its a locals joint and they do Macadamia/Banana pancakes that are UNBELEIVABLE.

caddycruiser
04-05-08, 06:09 PM
Get the healthy douchebags outta here, ummmkay?:alchi::bouncy::thepan::stirpot:

Hah! I was waiting for that:thumbsup:

I'm gone...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-05-08, 07:56 PM
It's hard to beat a grilled ribsteak medium rare, three eggs over medium, shredded hash browns, a toasted English muffin, OJ to wash it down, and a cup of Nabob coffee. Follow it immediately with a nap on the screened-in porch until noon.

That sounds like something that would be popular in Oklahoma.

AlBundy
04-05-08, 11:12 PM

koz I gotta give it to you. Ribsteak or country fried steak for breakfest may kill you(depending on how much steak you eat) but what a way to go.:p;)

hueterm
04-05-08, 11:38 PM
I don't remember the name of the place -- this was in 1991. However, it looked like a lodge and the dining room looked out over a valley. It was a nice place, not really a hole in the wall.

Drove there from Kaanapali (left far enough before dawn to make it to the crater for sunrise) in a 1991 Deville -- and then went on to Hana and back.

The only bad part was that I only brought 2 cassette tapes w/me and almost drove my folks crazy during the all day trip there and back.

The Hana road in an SDV was....interesting...w/all the locals in Jeep Wranglers tearing around the corners.

dkozloski
04-05-08, 11:51 PM
koz I gotta give it to you. Ribsteak or country fried steak for breakfest may kill you(depending on how much steak you eat) but what a way to go.:p;)
I think it's meaningful that a couple of the drugs that are most effective at lowering cholesterol appear to be effective but it doesn't result in anybody living longer. Why take a bunch of expensive drugs to improve your numbers if you're going to die anyway. I'll take my ribsteak and you can have the Lipitor. I've had a severe Lipitor rection that damn near killed me. I quit taking all that stuff and never felt better. My BP is 101/54.

MauiV
04-06-08, 08:09 AM
I don't remember the name of the place -- this was in 1991. However, it looked like a lodge and the dining room looked out over a valley. It was a nice place, not really a hole in the wall.

Hard to say. I didnt move on Island till 02. Sounds like the Kula Lodge though.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
04-07-08, 10:12 AM
For me:

1. OHOP
2. Denny's
3. IHOP

In that order.

Sadly we have none of them in the UK...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-07-08, 11:45 AM
I'm looking forward to trying the new Cheesy Bacon BK Wrapper. Melted cheese, scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon. It sounds good. Will it live up to it's expectations?

Playdrv4me
04-07-08, 02:32 PM
Jack in the Box... Bar-none, hands-down the highest quality fast-food breakfast you can get. The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich is the closest any fast-food joint has come to the Moons Over my Hammy at Denny's which I do NOT consider fast food because I can't pull my conveyance up to a window and get it.

Also, for the guy who said he isn't up in time, JITB has one of the few 24 hour Breakfast menus on the planet. In fact, their breakfast is so good I usually get a breakfast item AND one of their snack appetizer things (jalapeno poppers, eggrolls, tacos etc) when I'm on a road trip. It is unfortunate that there are practically NONE in Florida anywhere near me because I'd be there everynight.

After that it would probably be Grandy's, but I haven't been to one in years so I don't know what they're like now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-07-08, 04:47 PM
I've never been to or seen a Jack In The Box. Where are they mainly located?

Playdrv4me
04-07-08, 05:18 PM
I've never been to or seen a Jack In The Box. Where are they mainly located?

Primarily in the west, south a few in the midwest (there's at least a couple in STL), and the southeast. They are very sparsely located and don't seem to ever really have any intentions of expanding further.

I think the E-Coli fiasco in the '90s halted their forward movement alot. According to Wikipedia, after that every single Colorado location shut down (although it also states the problem was primarily in the pacific northwest).

CadillacGurl
04-07-08, 07:38 PM
Jack in the box :drool: I had hamburgers from there when I was in Cali... good stuff...

As far as breakfast, I like the egg, bacon, and cheese mcgriddle... my sister has been raving about wendy's breakfast menu so I'll have to try it.

I do like Omega, Denny's, Eat-n-Park, and King's for a sitdown breakfast.

MauiV
04-07-08, 09:09 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMM Jack in the Crack.

When I was in Bowling Green yesterday the thought crosse my mind to keep driving 50 more miles to Nashville to hit up Jack.

AlBundy
04-07-08, 11:03 PM
Hitting Jack isn't exactly what I thought you were into.

Red_October_7000
04-08-08, 12:16 AM
Whatever fast food chain will serve me a cheeseburger in the AM hours. That's my criterion.

Jesda
04-08-08, 10:26 AM
I CHALLENGE YOUR SANDWICHES WITH MY MCD'S BREAKFAST STEAK AND EGG BAGEL!

thebigjimsho
04-08-08, 02:53 PM
I CHALLENGE YOUR SANDWICHES WITH MY MCD'S BREAKFAST STEAK AND EGG BAGEL!Please, the double meat Croissanwich rocks that biotch!

Jesda
04-08-08, 03:29 PM
Please, the double meat Croissanwich rocks that biotch!

Oh, its ON LIKE TRON!!!!!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 03:44 PM
Croissanwich FTW.

Sorry Jesda.

Jesda
04-08-08, 03:59 PM
I concede. :(

MauiV
04-08-08, 09:59 PM
I CHALLENGE YOUR SANDWICHES WITH MY MCD'S BREAKFAST STEAK AND EGG BAGEL!

Not even close to the best thing on McDs own breakfast menu.

Waterlogged Jewish doughnuts are :ack:

Bacon, egg and cheese MCGRIDDLE!!!

hueterm
04-08-08, 10:04 PM
McDonalds here now has a "Southern" chicken, which is a complete knockoff of Chick-Fil-A...

I've had the regular sandwich, but not the morning biscuit -- however, it looks pretty good.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 10:12 PM
I'm looking forward to trying that. Maybe tomorrow?
How's it stack up against Chick-Fil-A? Arby's Southern Style Chicken Sandwich was garbage...

hueterm
04-08-08, 10:34 PM
Bigger piece of chicken than a Chick-Fil-A, and a little crispier. Almost indistinguishable in taste, down to the buttered bun and the 2 pickles...

Completely different than the Chicken Selects type batter.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-08, 10:38 PM
I think I'll try BK's new wrap tomorrow for breakfast, and for lunch I'll have McD's new Southern style chicken sandwich, and by dinner, I'll be dead.

Jesda
04-09-08, 05:46 AM
That McD's southern style sandwich is shockingly good. The bun is wonderfully dense and the chicken is tender and moist.

MauiV
04-09-08, 08:23 AM
The best thing about Chick-fil-A is the quality. EVERY piece of chicken they sell is in store hand cut fresh breast meat.

I have had the McDonalds one and its OK but the only reason to get one from McDs is its Sunday and the Fil-A isnt open.

Jesda
04-09-08, 09:08 AM
ChickFilA is run by mormons. I dont go there anymore. Plus, their nuggets are mush.

Went to BK this morning for their much-advertised wrap.
http://www.q45.org/gallery2/d/6552-1/DCP_3007.JPG
http://www.q45.org/gallery2/d/6556-1/DCP_3008.JPG
It was garbage.

Yeah, there was plenty of bacon, but it was wrapped in a bland mix of eggs, cheese sauce, and a flour tortilla. The whole thing lacked flavor and seemed like it needed plenty of salt and pepper. It seemed like a concoction I could have made at home out of old leftover groceries.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 12:53 PM
I also had it this morning, and found it inoffensive and bland, but compared to BK's other offerings on the breakfast menu, that's a compliment.

MauiV
04-09-08, 01:07 PM
ChickFilA is run by mormons. I dont go there anymore. Plus, their nuggets are mush.

NOPE.

Chick-Fil-A was started in Georgia. Not exactly a hotbed for the Mormon "church". It was however started by a religious man (Baptist) who didnt believe in forcing his employees to work on Sunday. I can respect his decision cept when Im nursing a hangover on a Sunday morning and NEED a Chicken biscuit.

Their nuggets are AWESOME and the Polynesian sauce is the best sauce at ANY fast food chain.

A chicken sammich meal with an extra order of 12 nuggets with Poly sauce is the standard order.

BTW, that wrap looks like ASS.

Jesda
04-09-08, 03:01 PM
Chick-Fil-A was started in Georgia. Not exactly a hotbed for the Mormon "church". It was however started by a religious man (Baptist) who didnt believe in forcing his employees to work on Sunday.

Woohoo! Sort of?

I had their nuggets at a location in Tampa. They were soggy. The outside had no crunch or texture. Just a greasy piece of chicken.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 03:17 PM
I'll be trying out McD's new Southern Style Chicken today....in just a matter of hours. :woohoo:

JC316
04-09-08, 03:20 PM
Fast food? Whataburger, hands down. Their taquitos, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, there all good.

MauiV
04-09-08, 03:50 PM
Taco Cabana has better pancakes than Whataburger. Taquitos are good if you cant find a Mexican place in a local strip mall somewhere.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-09-08, 05:16 PM
I just had The Southern Style Chicken Sandwich. Honestly, that was the best McD's I've had in a long, long while. :)