: Need battery help!!!

BlakSpyda
03-31-08, 09:27 PM
I just went through my 3rd factory AC Delco battery. I don't have anything special hooked up, just an aftermarket Clifford alarm system. I am about to upgrade my 03 EXT w/ an Optima! I drive my Lac Mon-Fri on the regular. Usually on the weekend it doesn't get as much action. Which battery should I purchase from Optima to fit my driving routine...the RedTop or YellowTop?

hcvone
04-01-08, 07:45 AM
Red Top, I have replaced many Delco batteries, probably over 20 that failed, and I only keep my cars/trucks for a few years, never had issues after replacing the stock Delco's. :)

Guyz1996deville
04-01-08, 01:25 PM
There is not a valid reason why you should be having to replace like that. I would check continuity on your hot terminal to the ground. You might be shorting to ground and cooking plates. You might want to check the voltage on the terminals when you are running. For some odd reason you might not be regulating voltage properly. If you are overcharging your battery it is bad for it too....

hcvone
04-01-08, 02:12 PM
The dealer replaced my Delco battery in 03' twice, once it died, and once the terminal just starting leaking out acid all over my garage floor, this was within 1 month, so weird things do happen. :)

BlakSpyda
04-06-08, 01:07 AM
Thanks

silversport
04-06-08, 07:41 AM
I have always had good luck with A/C Delco batteries but I might look for other problems with your set up...good luck with the Optima...
Bill