: Picture of the new $20 bill

BeelzeBob
05-29-03, 11:48 PM
So what do you think?
http://i.cnn.net/money/2003/05/13/news/economy/twenty/20front_big.jpg

Ralph
05-30-03, 02:15 AM
I like it. I thought the States were using the different colored paper for a while now!? We have diff. colors up here and it makes it easy to find a specific bill when you go through your wallet. (not like I ever have cash in there though) There are all these computer chips and magnetic strips in paper bills now to stop counterfieting. I think eventually we will have a cashless society as evidenced by all the internet sites that you can pay your bills with! I don't like these because I think it will put people (like in banks) out of work eventually. There is technology developed by the U.S. military in Florida that can implant a chip in you. As evidenced by "pet find" and now "child find!" I thing we will all have this within 10 years for "convenience" and it seems a littly scary to me!

Night Wolf
05-30-03, 04:03 PM
If anyone here believes in God, and is a Christain, then in the part of the Bible where it takes about the 2nd coming, it states a whole bunch of things that will happen..... I don't want to get scary, but a few of those things are happening now (the middle east will start to get along once Iraq gets built up etc...) but another thing is that we will be tatooted of some sort, and you need that to buy everything and anything. It could be passed along as something like "Hey, get this chip in your hand, and you'll never need to carry money, id or anything on you, it's all in the chip" and without it, you couldn't buy anything etc...... so if I was to say something, I say keep our money.

ok, I should start before this gets into something worse :)

AKPsiMC03
05-30-03, 05:02 PM
In the words of the Brazialians who kidnapped Homer Simpson:
"look at all that pink and purple." "yeah, your money sure is gay." :rolleyes:

Brett
05-30-03, 05:10 PM
I like it, times change.

mnymaker
05-30-03, 05:15 PM
Where did you get that image? I hope you didn't copy or scan it and if you did, I wouldn't admit it if you don't want someone wearing a black suit, black Ray-bans, and driving a Crown Victoria knocking at your door? They don't tend to like it when you do that.

Just a heads up. This message will self destruct in 15 seconds... (I hope)

elwesso
05-30-03, 10:29 PM
Panther, that is possible but i doubt it. Email me off board and we can continue this....... (i am a christian)

Night Wolf
05-30-03, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by mnymaker
Where did you get that image? I hope you didn't copy or scan it and if you did, I wouldn't admit it if you don't want someone wearing a black suit, black Ray-bans, and driving a Crown Victoria knocking at your door? They don't tend to like it when you do that.

Just a heads up. This message will self destruct in 15 seconds... (I hope)

Well, according to the URL, it came from Clinton News Network

http://i.cnn.net/money/2003/05/13/news/economy/twenty/20front_big.jpg

Ralph
06-01-03, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by AKPsiMC03
In the words of the Brazialians who kidnapped Homer Simpson:
"look at all that pink and purple." "yeah, your money sure is gay." :rolleyes:

Yeah, but with the colored Canadian money, WE won't accidently give a store a twenty when you owe a fiver!:D :cool:

AKPsiMC03
06-01-03, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
Yeah, but with the colored Canadian money, WE won't accidently give a store a twenty when you owe a fiver!:D :cool:

but if you give them $20 canadian, arent you in fact only giving them about $5 american? :p

the Sandman
06-01-03, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by mnymaker
Where did you get that image? I hope you didn't copy or scan it and if you did, I wouldn't admit it if you don't want someone wearing a black suit, black Ray-bans, and driving a Crown Victoria knocking at your door? They don't tend to like it when you do that. I think Sal's safe - the image clearly says "specimen" in a couple of places and note the low serial number ;) . This image is meant to be shown for informational purposes.

I like the new bill - unfortunately with the sophisticated imaging equipment and technology available today it won't take the bad guys long to counterfeit these either.

BeelzeBob
06-01-03, 05:07 PM
Yeah, it's safe with that "specimen" text on there.. As for the counterfeiters - yeah, they'll get it soon. That's why we keep changing these days...

Ralph
06-02-03, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by AKPsiMC03
but if you give them $20 canadian, arent you in fact only giving them about $5 american? :p

That's true, but actually its more like 3.00 U.S. ;) There's a plus to this, if Ottawa was nuked, that would only be $44.98 damage! Not much to rebuild.:D ;)

kcnewell
06-02-03, 01:03 AM
Not worth spending the 44 bucks on either!

Ralph
06-02-03, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by kcnewell
Not worth spending the 44 bucks on either!

Well, you will NOT get any arguement out of me there, and thats all I'm sayin' on that Bud.:D :cool:

Astronomer
06-02-03, 12:52 PM
Wow!

That Jackson guy was quite the dapper lad! Too bad our buddy Bill couldn't keep it in his shorts....naw..... I would hate to see his sorry mug on a bill anyway.....unless it was a two cent bill... about the sum total worth of every thought he ever had in eight years of office! I can't believe people pay good money to hear that idiot speak about anything. :burn:

kcnewell
06-02-03, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Astronomer
Wow!

That Jackson guy was quite the dapper lad! Too bad our buddy Bill couldn't keep it in his shorts....naw..... I would hate to see his sorry mug on a bill anyway.....unless it was a two cent bill... about the sum total worth of every thought he ever had in eight years of office! I can't believe people pay good money to hear that idiot speak about anything. :burn:

You gotta love this guy!:banana: