: Towing with a STS...

RIDIN_STS
05-24-04, 06:44 PM
I'm looking to do some light towing with my sts.I'll be towing 2 snowmobiles or 2 jet skis,3-4 hrs one way.It is a 98' 32V N*.Any tips or concerns I should know about before doing this? thank you!:coolgleam

BeelzeBob
05-24-04, 11:28 PM
Use the search feature in the forum tool bar above and type "trailer towing" in the drop down box for search topic. Lots on this already.....

One post in particular will show up that might answer a lot of the questions.... http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12084&highlight=trailer+towing

BTW.....jet skis are light towing.... an enclosed snowmobile trailer towed for 4 hours is not exactly "light towing". If you are using an enclosed trailer for your sleds it will present a substantial aerodynamic load that will load the trans heavily when towed at higher speeds for long periods of time. Your STS will tow it fine, you just need to be aware what the loads are , keep the speeds down, tow in 3 gear (it will run fine there for hours on end) and observe common sense. I tow an enclosed snowmobile trailer all the time with an STS so it will work fine but you do have to be aware....

RIDIN_STS
05-25-04, 09:45 PM
thank you for the reply, I looked up your other reply's you posted and they all answered my questions, I have a older buick that I use all the time but its getting old and I dont want to use it for towing anymore. thanks again!!!!