: Anyone put 6X9 in the front on their ETC ?

NAFTA
03-30-08, 11:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been able to put in 6X9 speakers in their front doors in place of the 5.25" stock speaker and the tweeters which are all on the same board. It's no problem in the back since the stock is 6x9 but in the front, I'm guessing is going to be a challenge since it seems like I'm going to have to use a new board of plywood to replace the one thats in currently with the stock 5.25 and it's tweeter. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

CadillacSTS42005
03-31-08, 04:05 PM
why on Earth would you do that?
because 6x9s are louder or more massive?
thats pointless
the greater the mass the more power required to move (in audio terms DRIVE) the speaker
so by putting an 6x9 in the place of a 5.25 sure itll handle more power but only if you supply it with that power
not to mention some of the most POWERFUL speakers are 5.25s and can handle more than 400 watts peak (look at infinity perfect 5.1s)
get a nice set of 5.25 componets to put in there, youll be worlds better off

ive no opinion in it but its also been said that sound waves are circular in output so a round speaker usually sounds better than an oval, just food for thought.

NAFTA
04-01-08, 02:10 AM
if i replace the 5 1/4 in the front, do i also have to replace the tweeters at the corner or just disconnect it. i plan on running wires to a seperate amp in the trunk if i put them in.

CadillacSTS42005
04-01-08, 09:13 AM
i wouldnt amp those tweets....
so if thats your plan id d/c them or run them off your stock/aftermarket decks amp

eagleworks4u
05-14-08, 12:12 PM
Anyone know what might cause Bose system to make a loud Humming noise when the radio is turned on. You can hear some music but the noise is so loud and annoying you need earplugs!!!!!!. I dont think Aliens are trying to reach my Eldo. Please help I love clean Bose sound!!!! :bonkers:

CadillacSTS42005
05-14-08, 07:33 PM
why post that in this thread?
you have a grounding issue or a bad amp