: EXT Needs: Exhaust,Black Head & Tail lights,Chip & Subwoofers where to buy?

larry_chip
03-30-08, 05:18 PM
okay, i've had my ext for about 2 weeks now & im ready to start fixing it up,
i want

the corsa sport exhaust wheres the cheapest pleace to buy? (bought the one for my 03 ext off ebay for $100)

Blackout head lights & tail lights Where To Buy?

Subwoofers, they have these 12" really thin subs that im told will fit behind the back seat, but need a box, i dont wanna go with the JL stelth because i heard the subs suck. so i need a box & subs that fit in the ext, where to buy?

i want to buy a power tuner, which is the best for the 08 escalades? & where to buy?

hcvone
03-31-08, 09:57 AM
Larry, do a search on Corsa, since T Byrne is hiding out/ out of business I don't know who gives the best Corsa prices. :(

Slade104
04-01-08, 11:39 AM
Slade104 again Larry Chip. For one don't go with the Corsa exhaust because it is a very cheap add on. The B&B Exhaust is the way to go looks great and sounds great. As far as smoking out your headlights and taillights, you can't buy them you go to a custom tint place that is able to do it for you. Lastly, whoever told you the JL Stealthbox sucks, doesn't know what they're talking about because they haven't heard it. If you are going to get a custom enclosure I recommend going with the JL W6 subwoofers.

Sorry I can't upload any pictures of my exhaust or my JL Stealthbox. For some reason the pictures are to big in size.

hcvone
04-01-08, 11:48 AM
I have B&B on one truck and Corsa on the other, they almost look the same if you get the Corsa with the side exit like the B&B has, I do like the B&B better for the exhaust sound, but many will tell you the noise can get to you too, not as big of a problem with the EXT compared to the standard Escalade. :)

larry_chip
04-01-08, 03:27 PM
i had the corsa sport i bought off ebay for my 03 ext & i loved the sound & for $100 you cant go wrong, i really dont care as long as it sounds good & is a cheap mod because i dont keep cars long.

as far as tinting mine i'd rather not because its a lease & would rather buy a set allready done this way when the lease is up i can pop the old ones back in,

i had a guy spray my 07 suburban tail lights with some kinda tint shit & i looked like crap! i think he needed to spray the inside of the light but here the exterior of the light & it had a dull finish i hated it.

i seen a tahoe in florida with these clear tailights but it had LEDS & the inside was all blacked out, those we're cool. where can i buy those?

& slade 104 do you have a photobucket acct? you could upload the pics on to there.

the guy in jerseys building me 2 cumstom fiberglass boxes for under the seats with 2 memphis audio subs (the the thinest 12" i ever seen, about 3 inchs) for about 1k without the amp.

Slade104
04-01-08, 08:37 PM
Memphis audio subs are no where near as good as JL Audio or kicker and as far as the thin subs go you might as well not even get them because they won't make a difference. Because they're so thin they don't deep and or hard and for 1K its a waste of money. I just entered a car show with my 2 12's tuned and went up against a Dodge magnum with two 12" Memphis subs and burned him. Just some thought especially with the way the stock Bose system sounds and if you are not going to keep the truck for very long.

larry_chip
04-02-08, 12:26 AM
so what should i do? im so confused, i cant see giving 2k for the jl stelth box,

Slade104
04-02-08, 12:39 AM
The thing to do is either look around for a used one on ebay or another place, buy one (they only go for 1400 brand new), get a custom enclosure which will run for around 3500 to 4000 or just keep the stock Bose. I just don't wanna see you go out and drop money on cheap memphis subs. You will hardly see any difference between the Bose speakers and the Memphis subs. I live in Orlando and there is one of the top audio retailers in the nation...go to their website and/ or call them for opinions. They have a couple of sweet avalanches and EXT's on there with great subwoofer set ups. www.ultaudio.com if you have any other questions let me know.