: Burger King Loaded Steakhouse Burger

The Tony Show
03-30-08, 12:03 PM
Mmmmm mmmm good. Angus beef patty with bacon, cheese, onions and steak sauce. Not too messy, and a very large patty. There seems to be what I assume is mashed potatoes in there as well, and it's a surprisingly delicious addition to a burger.

I give it an A. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-30-08, 12:39 PM
I'lll have to try it out sometime. BK has been letting me down a lot recently, so hopefully this will be good.

Blackout
03-30-08, 12:42 PM
Wendy's spicy baconator > *

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-30-08, 01:20 PM
Almost anything > Spicy Baconator.

I just don't like them. At all.

Blackout
03-30-08, 01:56 PM

Whats the matter Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

ABCF
03-30-08, 02:14 PM
Burger King=:ack:

Definately the worst fast food in my home town. A bag of nails would be more edible than anything from the king of ick.

Spyder
03-30-08, 03:46 PM
I had a spicy baconator at PDX last night minutes before my flight. The row probably wished I hadn't. Tasted great, gave amazing gas, kept me full all night.

Florian
03-30-08, 03:52 PM
gave amazing gas

Greasy burger + protein = party favor butthole.

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-30-08, 04:49 PM
Whats the matter Colonel Sanders? CHICKEN!?

The fact they're trying to grill Pepper Jack cheese.....it's just does not come out right. It's much thicker than American, and it just doesn't taste, look or feel right when you're eating it. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Baconators, just not the ones with Pepper Jack cheese on them. And I normally like Pepper Jack cheese....cold or room temp.

:chad: :chad: :chad:

MauiV
03-30-08, 07:07 PM

You serious Clark?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, SPICY!!!!!

dkozloski
03-30-08, 07:30 PM
The fact they're trying to grill Pepper Jack cheese.....it's just does not come out right. It's much thicker than American, and it just doesn't taste, look or feel right when you're eating it. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my Baconators, just not the ones with Pepper Jack cheese on them. And I normally like Pepper Jack cheese....cold or room temp.

:chad: :chad: :chad:
I heard on the radio that KFC is becoming KGC with grilled chicken rather than using a pump to force the grease to the bone like they do now. People who have tried it are generally in approval in the areas where it's being tried.

dkozloski
03-30-08, 07:34 PM
BK is on hard times in this area and several have had to shut down for lack of business. Wendy's is down to one outlet as well. Macky Dee is going great guns with several new places opening lately.

Jesda
03-31-08, 05:46 AM
We lost Wendy's in STL except for two reopened stores. BKs have been closed or remodeled.

thebigjimsho
03-31-08, 09:37 AM
If I lived in the Lou, I'd be eating at Hardee's all the time.

The Tony Show
03-31-08, 10:45 AM
I had another Loaded Steakhouse Burger last night for dinner to evaluate the consistency of the assembly, which is always an issue with these "Limited Time Only" burgers. Sure enough, the second one was lacking in steak sauce and had way too much mashed potato on it. It would appear that (as usual) the experience depends largely on the preparer.

Jesda
04-01-08, 09:56 AM
http://media.fukung.net/images/7378/baconflowchartvj8.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 10:14 AM
In Jesda's world, Maslow's hierarchy of needs ends in bacon.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Chadillac8705/maslow.gif

MauiV
04-01-08, 12:48 PM
If I lived in the Lou, I'd be eating at Hardee's all the time.

I do Hardees occasionally. Thickburger is a solid choice but right now I am addicted to Culvers Butter Burgers.

AMAZING. Almost In n Out quality.

EcSTSatic
04-01-08, 12:58 PM
"Bacon is all you need." --Paul McCartney

"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat bacon, and lie about your age." -- Lucille Ball

"There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning, and bacon." --Christopher Morley

"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love - and to put its trust in bacon." --Joseph Conrad

"Where there is love there is bacon." --Mahatma Ghandi

"I don't like to eat snails. I prefer fast food." -- Strange de Jim

dkozloski
04-01-08, 01:07 PM
It's hard to beat a burger that you charcoal grill yourself. In a pinch, a George Foreman grill does a fabulous job as well. When it comes to food, DIY is king. The only thing better is when somebody else cleans the kitchen. That's the only plus I can see with restaurant food.

Dinner tonight is ham and Navy beans with corn bread. I guaranty a good report by morning.

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 01:50 PM
I do Hardees occasionally. Thickburger is a solid choice but right now I am addicted to Culvers Butter Burgers.

AMAZING. Almost In n Out quality.2 cross country trips and we finally made it to an In N Out Burger in Vegas. I have to be honest, I preferred Carl's Jr. aka Hardee's...

And I had a Steakhouse Burger last night. I decided against the Loaded version since I was in a suit. I quickly realized that it had A-1 sauce. OMFG, I hate A-1. Always have. I hadn't had it in years and tried it again a couple weeks ago at a local restaurant. Hated it still.

But I will say, BK's Tendercrisp and Spicy Tendercrisp chicken sandwiches have few rivals...

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 01:51 PM
Dammit! I'm gonna need to go to Fuddruckers tonight...:thepan:

MauiV
04-01-08, 04:31 PM
2 cross country trips and we finally made it to an In N Out Burger in Vegas. I have to be honest, I preferred Carl's Jr. aka Hardee's...

And I had a Steakhouse Burger last night. I decided against the Loaded version since I was in a suit. I quickly realized that it had A-1 sauce. OMFG, I hate A-1. Always have. I hadn't had it in years and tried it again a couple weeks ago at a local restaurant. Hated it still.

But I will say, BK's Tendercrisp and Spicy Tendercrisp chicken sandwiches have few rivals...

The Wendys Monterey Chicken Ranch is AWESOME. Also add in the Jack in the Box Spicy Chicken w/cheese.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

But NOTHIN beats the Chick-fil-A original, pickle removed. Best chicken on the planet. Untouchable.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 04:43 PM
But NOTHIN beats the Chick-fil-A original, pickle removed. Best chicken on the planet. Untouchable.

Agreed. Southern style chicken sandwiches are amazing. Arby's recently introduced a Southern style chicken sandwich, equipped with the required two pickels, but it just wasn't as good as Chick-fil-a. Not nearly as good...

Just imagine....a spicy Chick-Fil-A sandwich with bacon and swiss cheese....MMMMMMM!

AlBundy
04-01-08, 04:47 PM
I had the Steakhouse Angus Burger and it was a great experience. I love it. Its great.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-01-08, 06:01 PM
I'm feeling like fa(s)t food after work tonight. Maybe I'll swing down and pick up this new BK badboy up.

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 06:41 PM
The Wendys Monterey Chicken Ranch is AWESOME. Also add in the Jack in the Box Spicy Chicken w/cheese.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

But NOTHIN beats the Chick-fil-A original, pickle removed. Best chicken on the planet. Untouchable.Agreed. Except I keep the pickle. After meeting up with Feffman and his track group at Putnam Park, I headed home but when heading to Indy, stayed on Rte 40 instead of hopping the Interstate so I could find a Chick-Fil-A and a car wash. When I saw that red chicken doodle, I shreiked like Ned Flanders...

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 06:42 PM
And I'm heading for Fuddruckers right now...

MauiV
04-01-08, 08:48 PM
Sonic foot-long w/chili, cheese and onions with a side of cheesy tots and Cherry Lime Aid.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

thebigjimsho
04-01-08, 11:25 PM
MMMM, a 2/3 lb Fuddruckers Inferno burger. A burger with sauteed jalapenos, grilled onions and pepper jack cheese. I ordered some bacon to top it off. All on a buttery bun.

JimmyH
04-01-08, 11:40 PM
1) Fuddruckers (agreeing with tbjs really REALLY scares me)
2) Spicy Baconator
3) Original Baconator
4) Hardees Sourdough Burger
Last) Any McD burger

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 08:05 AM
So I went to BK last night and got their new BBQ Chicken sandwich (can't remember the exact name)....boy, that was the best BK I've had in years! I might go back there for lunch and get the same thing again today.

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 09:52 AM
As for JimmyH and McDs, I agree. I do like the cheeseburgers and double cheeseburgers but I hate the patties in the Big Mac and Quarter Pounders...

JimmyH
04-02-08, 10:07 AM
Chad, did you try Wendy's Italian beef yet? I must say, it is mighty tasty.

RunningOnEMT
04-02-08, 10:15 AM
mashed potatoes do NOT belong on sandwiches... PERIOD

JimmyH
04-02-08, 10:20 AM
never had a french fried poorboy?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 10:28 AM
Chad, did you try Wendy's Italian beef yet? I must say, it is mighty tasty.

No, I have not.

JimmyH
04-02-08, 10:29 AM
you need to rectify that situation asap

EcSTSatic
04-02-08, 10:35 AM
Got this from a female Chiropractor friend of mine. And this gal would put most women half her age to shame.

The 20 worst meals in America

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/images/worstfood.jpg (http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20worst.html)

RunningOnEMT
04-02-08, 10:36 AM
never had a french fried poorboy?

nope, i can't say that i have, i like po'boys, but i'm more of a muffaletta fan myself

MauiV
04-02-08, 11:38 AM
MMMMMMMMMM, shrimp po'boy dressed with hot sauce.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-02-08, 12:16 PM
What's a po'boy?

RunningOnEMT
04-02-08, 12:28 PM
sammich...

gary88
04-02-08, 12:42 PM
So I went to BK last night and got their new BBQ Chicken sandwich (can't remember the exact name)....boy, that was the best BK I've had in years! I might go back there for lunch and get the same thing again today.

Agreed, those are awesome. Sometimes they go a little overboard on the mayo however, which just kills it.

JimmyH
04-02-08, 01:34 PM
its a hoagey, poorboys (pronounced poh-buoys) are what the southerners call them

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 03:08 PM
nope, i can't say that i have, i like po'boys, but i'm more of a muffaletta fan myselfUs Yankees may find that kinky...

thebigjimsho
04-02-08, 03:11 PM

AMAZING. Almost In n Out quality.Dammit, they're good huh? I saw one in K-Zoo last summer but didn't go. Butter Burger just sounds weird.

But that's OK. I compensated by going to Steak N Shake 3 times that week...

AlBundy
04-02-08, 05:53 PM
Steak N Shake was so disappointing to me. I expected a nice size steak burger and when it came I was like WTF. I can eat two of those things. It made me look at the comercial a little closer to see the size of the burger compared to the size of the hands holding it. It seemed to be correct. Little azz burger. They have killer desserts thou.

MauiV
04-02-08, 10:58 PM
Dammit, they're good huh? I saw one in K-Zoo last summer but didn't go. Butter Burger just sounds weird.

But that's OK. I compensated by going to Steak N Shake 3 times that week...

Culvers is the only place where the food I sat down with looked like the food in the pictures. Menu is pretty diverse and Im not a fan of crinkle cut fries but the burger is AWESOME.

Looks like Columbus, OH is the closest on to you funny talkin Nor-Easters.

MauiV
04-02-08, 11:00 PM
Us Yankees may find that kinky...

A sammich covered in olive salad is in no way kinky. I lived in NOLA for 7 years and never did develop a taste for them.

Blackout
04-03-08, 02:01 AM
http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/images/worstfood.jpg (http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20worst.html)
Nice! That's like the loaded fries that this place called Spud's in town has. It's their fries with whatever kind of cheese you want with bacon, sour cream, and chives. They are known for their fries and have some amazing combinations!

MauiV
04-03-08, 10:46 AM
Nice! That's like the loaded fries that this place called Spud's in town has. It's their fries with whatever kind of cheese you want with bacon, sour cream, and chives. They are known for their fries and have some amazing combinations!

My favorites are BLT fries at a place in Louisville..Home fries baked with crisp bacon, fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, onions, jack cheese
and garnished with horseradish sour cream
add over easy eggs

JimmyH
04-03-08, 01:13 PM
Dammit, they're good huh? I saw one in K-Zoo last summer but didn't go. Butter Burger just sounds weird.

All it is is a regular burger on a bun that is buttered. They are good though.

JimmyH
04-03-08, 01:14 PM
Any Indiana folks? Schoops :drool:

thebigjimsho
04-05-08, 01:24 AM
All it is is a regular burger on a bun that is buttered. They are good though.Like Fuddruckers...

MauiV
04-05-08, 02:34 AM
But like I said. The burger in the basket looks like the ones in the pictures.

Blackout
04-06-08, 05:53 PM
My favorites are BLT fries at a place in Louisville..Home fries baked with crisp bacon, fresh baby spinach, tomatoes, onions, jack cheese
and garnished with horseradish sour cream
add over easy eggs
Damn.....that does sound good as hell.

Playdrv4me
04-07-08, 04:50 PM

AMAZING. Almost In n Out quality.

Five Guys.

thebigjimsho
04-08-08, 01:30 PM
Well, well, well...I just found out there is a Sonic in Connecticut. I'm in the Upper West Side of Manhattan and was scouring to see where I could eat on the way home...

Oh, and the Pike's Place coffee Starbuck's is puttin' out is pretty good.

thebigjimsho
04-08-08, 02:52 PM
My mortarforkin' navigation lied to me. There was no Sonic...bastards...

JimmyH
04-08-08, 06:11 PM
see? should have gotten a garmin...

thebigjimsho
04-09-08, 12:19 AM
see? should have gotten a garmin...My Eclipse has been much more reliable on the POI front than the Garmin...