: Air noise question

Al D
03-30-08, 09:44 AM
I am looking to buy an 07 Escalade ESV with 20-30K miles.

I fit has the wind noise problem will it show up now, or might it still take a while?
I hate to buy one and have it show up later. The dealer isn't usually as flexible with the second owner.

Anything else specific to Escaleade to look for?

Thanks in advance.
Al

doctordog
03-30-08, 01:02 PM
my believe is it either has wind noise or it dosnt mine does things to look for the way the seal door seal meets the body when sitting in driver side or passenger side take your finger from the sail panel and proceed up the seal along the frame it should be very consistent mine has huge gap about half way along the frame this it not normal anothere probem with mine is the front doors are not allighned properly that is the reason for the gaps it is causing air rush into the cabin do not count on the dealer for any help i have case against mine right now

Dr. SS
03-30-08, 01:57 PM
hi.

i just bought an 07 with 30k on it. posted some pics a few threads down. prior to buying it i drove it for two test drives. took it up to 50 and 80 mph. didnt hear anything. but it was raining outside. so i thought it was fine. have had the car for a few days now, and it does have a very very slight degree of wind noise. it really doesnt bother me. ive been told that if you push on the door/glass it should get worse, mine didnt.

it seems to just be a hit or miss. in mine it shows up north of 65 mph to 70 mph. and it doesnt get any worse at high speeds (80 and up)

Palomar9
03-30-08, 07:44 PM
Most (not all) wind noise problems mentioned on this forum are probably due to poor weather strip seal around the top of both L & R front doors. Take the vehicle up to at least 65 MPH on a highway. Turn off AC fan and stereo. Press outward on the door frame just above the top of the window glass. If you get a noticable increase in wind noise (a sucking sound), then you have potential problem. You will need a willing passenger to test the right side door. So far, I have not heard of any problems with the 2nd row doors.

hcvone
03-31-08, 08:53 AM
If you have some wind noise it will get worse overtime, maybe only slightly worse, but it will not get better, warm weather should help if your problem is caused by weatherstripping, which most are. :)

Dr. SS
03-31-08, 12:38 PM
im actually noticing mine more and more lol...:histeric:

should i even bother taking it to the dealer? are there fixes just hopeless...

it really isnt bad at all, but i figure it still has bumper to bumper warranty, if its something they can remedy i should take advantage of it. I just have an aversion to dealers and i am paranoid that they always make things worse.

Dif
03-31-08, 12:53 PM
im actually noticing mine more and more lol...:histeric:

should i even bother taking it to the dealer? are there fixes just hopeless...

it really isnt bad at all, but i figure it still has bumper to bumper warranty, if its something they can remedy i should take advantage of it. I just have an aversion to dealers and i am paranoid that they always make things worse.
Very few if any have had complete success by going to the Dealer to have it improved.
If it's not really bad enough to bother you, in my opinion, save the time and trouble and don't worry about it.
I've been through it and it's a hassle and,... sometimes it gets worse after the dealer works on it.
It's sad, but after all this time GM and the Dealers have no clue what to do about fixing it if you have a bad wind noise problem.
As mentioned, it's better in warm weather. go figure :confused:
Search all the Countless posts on wind noise. You'll have Plenty to read and 99% of any questions will be answered.. ;)

hcvone
03-31-08, 04:05 PM
The rubber will grow slightly the warmer it gets. :)