: Went to the dyno today

nikon
03-30-08, 01:39 AM
Well I'm pretty impressed with what my car did....346 stock and 352 tuned.....which isn't a huge jump in power, rather minimal actually, but I do only have a magnaflow.....csp3000 baselined at 455 and ended up with 48*....like I said, I'm happy with the results...so, on to the videos and a few pictures :D
csp3000 underhood
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/myV/100_1447.jpg
My Dyno Chart
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/myV/05_cts_v_justin.jpg
Chris Baseline vs tuned
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/myV/100_1453.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/nikon858/myV/100_1465.jpg

Baseline
js5o6eXhu1c
Second Pull
KvKYgl9Xy5Y
Final Pull 352rwhp
iMl63xuMnvU
Baseline Chris
-hYePVhPA6I
Second Pull
-AtLNzvpf14
Final Pull Chris 48*rwhp
RGL9BkiRwQk

SkullV
03-30-08, 01:46 AM
Where do you guys keep finding these dynos that put out such high numbers??? I only made 359 on a dynojet with the mods in my sig!

nikon
03-30-08, 01:47 AM
It was a dynojet at diablosport

CIWS
03-30-08, 09:26 AM
Where do you guys keep finding these dynos that put out such high numbers??? I only made 359 on a dynojet with the mods in my sig!

It doesn't really matter what one reads compared to another from a different place as long as the cars are showing numbers roughly where they should be. Getting a baseline for your car and then comparing that to any follow on dynos to reflect changes are the numbers that count. Unless you run your car on the same dyno under the same conditions as others owners you can't make direct comparisons. (Well you can but that's your choice :) )

jbss71
03-30-08, 10:15 AM
Where do you guys keep finding these dynos that put out such high numbers??? I only made 359 on a dynojet with the mods in my sig!kinda like there should be more than 6hp in a tune

nikon
03-30-08, 11:19 AM
oh, I forgot to mention, per the tuner I should be putting down 10more to the wheels if I ran some better gas....it was pulling about 5* of timing...which I find strange since I was running sunoco....

CTSV_510
03-30-08, 11:21 AM
kinda like there should be more than 6hp in a tune

How much can you expect a tune do for you if you only have a magnaflow?

CIWS
03-30-08, 12:00 PM
5-7 whp from a tune only without any performance enhancing mods on a CTS-V is not bad at all.

jbss71
03-30-08, 01:48 PM
How much can you expect a tune do for you if you only have a magnaflow?atleast 10, on a ls2 15

AlmostAV
03-30-08, 03:28 PM
Those numbers are definetly inflated. I pulled the same # skull did, on the same dyno type. 352 is just not real. But otherwise good job! Cars sound great.

Maybe we can line them up one day, and see if theres really only a 7rwhp difference between us, I DOUBT IT. If thats the case, Id be extremely pissed off at Kooks for blatantly lying about the performance gains of their product.

rangerrob
03-30-08, 03:32 PM

didn't you know the silver paint adds 20hp :)

rangerrob
03-30-08, 03:34 PM
i'll try to figure out how to scan my dyno sheet from speed inc and post it for you guys

SkullV
03-30-08, 06:13 PM
didn't you know the silver paint adds 20hp :)

The only thing that the red paint adds is $$ for body work!

nikon
03-30-08, 10:24 PM
Those numbers are definetly inflated. I pulled the same # skull did, on the same dyno type. 352 is just not real. But otherwise good job! Cars sound great.

Maybe we can line them up one day, and see if theres really only a 7rwhp difference between us, I DOUBT IT. If thats the case, Id be extremely pissed off at Kooks for blatantly lying about the performance gains of their product.

I wouldn't say thier inflated....perhaps the conditions were just optimal when I did my pull.

csp3000
03-31-08, 09:59 AM
Those number were pretty close to dead on. My baseline of 455rwhp was spot on to the last place that dynoed my car after the maggie was put on with the magnuson "safe" tune. Now my car is at 484 rwhp and I LOVE IT:cloud9: The V is so fast right now:bouncy: I will be doing a pulley swap in like 4 weeks to the 2.6 and the heads and cams in like a month and half later.

trukk
03-31-08, 06:15 PM
It was a dynojet at diablosport

I wouldn't say thier inflated....perhaps the conditions were just optimal when I did my pull.

Those number were pretty close to dead on. My baseline of 455rwhp was spot on to the last place that dynoed my car after the maggie was put on with the magnuson "safe" tune. Now my car is at 484 rwhp and I LOVE IT:cloud9: The V is so fast right now:bouncy: I will be doing a pulley swap in like 4 weeks to the 2.6 and the heads and cams in like a month and half later.

All dyno's are subjective. I think we all know that.

Now with that said, the graphs you posted up were from a SuperFlow dyno, not a DynoJet. SuperFlow's are eddy curretn load bearing, like mustang dyno's, HOWEVER, if you'll notive in your graphs, they read DJCWHP (which stands for DynoJet Corrected Wheel Horse Power). Bascailly this is what is giving you your inflated #'s.

Some wierd dyno histroy from my car. First time I ever got it dyno'd with just LPE CAI, Corsa and RT Cat, i was a 295 rwhp on a Mustang 1800 dyno.

Second time was on a a Syperflow (with Corsa, LPE CAI, Ported TB and RT highflow cats, +tune), and got 355 rwhp, SAE corrected. In the dyno ject corrected mode, I was at 395 rwhp.

After I got my headers, plus added an FFV, I was at 370 rwhp (this time on a Mustang 1100).

After that one, I had a ported fast 90/90 and went to 380 on the same mustang dyno (note my uncorected numbers were 405, because it was like 45 degress out in the unheated dyno bay :D ).

Lastly, I had my car dyno'd again on another different local mustang1100, and this time I was at 355.

With that in mind, I bet if I went back to the second place with the SuperFlow, in dyno jet mode, I bet I'd be somewhere around 450 rwhp. Now do I think for a second that my car is 30 rwhp behind CSP3000, I hightly doubt it.

So moral of the stroy is that:

#1 All dyno's are subjective.
#2 SuperFlow dynoJet corrected numbers run high.
#3 When throwing around dyno numbers we should use SAE correction if possible
#4 MOST IMPORTANT --> Who gives a crap about the actual number. What we car about is the net gain :D :thumbsup:

-Chris

BTW, Both cars sound great :highfive:

nikon
03-31-08, 06:25 PM
^^ just noticed the superflow on the chart it self....they had dynojet plastered all over the walls in the shop....but either way your right...stick with the same dyno and who cares as long as the numbers are going up :p

trukk
03-31-08, 06:57 PM
^^ just noticed the superflow on the chart it self....they had dynojet plastered all over the walls in the shop....but either way your right...stick with the same dyno and who cares as long as the numbers are going up :p

LOL, as you can tell, I've had a hard time sticking to the same dyno :thepan:

-Chris

onebadcad
03-31-08, 07:40 PM
My favorite dyno is the butt and knuckle dyno, much cheaper, and can usually be swayed by the owner.