: Delco tape deck vs Bose cd/tape deck?

theppfftt
03-29-08, 02:26 PM
Hi Guys..I have a Delco tape deck in my 99 eldorado now and it's garbage.I bought a Bose cd/tape deck to replace it.I looked at the pictures of them and had the guy from ebay put them side by side and he says theres no difference except one says Bose and has a cd changer.says the back where it plugs in is the same.I'm just wondering if anyone knows if i'll have any issues installing the new deck or will it be just pull out the old and plug in the new?Also just wondering how much better the quality of the Bose deck is VS the Delco tape deck.

thanks alot.

Caddyshack100
03-29-08, 02:38 PM
I do not think this deck will work with non bose equipment speakers, even if it does, you will still need to program the head unit with your vehicle VIN, to unlock it and you will need a tech2 scantool for that, you will also need the VIN from the vehicle you bought the BOSE unit from. STS2003 is the resident expert on these things, I am sure he will chime in.

theppfftt
03-29-08, 05:43 PM
Okay thanks..I'll ask the guy i bought it from on ebay to see if he can get the VIN # from the car it came from.Hopefully that expert will have somemore insight into this.

thanks

CadillacSTS42005
03-29-08, 07:30 PM
will not work on a non bose equipped Eldo
a non bose 98+ Seville and a non bose equipped 00+ Deville yes
on a non bose Eldorado nope sorry your SOL

theppfftt
03-29-08, 08:15 PM
will not work on a non bose equipped Eldo
a non bose 98+ Seville and a non bose equipped 00+ Deville yes
on a non bose Eldorado nope sorry your SOL

Okay,so there is nothing i can do to get this thing to work?This is the one i bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190208925644&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

There is also this one i could buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200210743146&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

The first one i already bought.If i tell this guy not to send it will the second one be possible to use?Or am i SOL no matter what in both cases...:(

thanks for the help.

CadillacSTS42005
03-29-08, 08:21 PM
there is no stock 32 pin cadillac cd player which will work with a non amplified system
Eldos without bose
Sevilles 92-97 w/o bose
Devilles 94-99 w/o bose
all of them rely on an INTERNAL amp inside the stock deck for sound
a cd player for those cars will not work

theppfftt
03-29-08, 09:04 PM
there is no stock 32 pin cadillac cd player which will work with a non amplified system
Eldos without bose
Sevilles 92-97 w/o bose
Devilles 94-99 w/o bose
all of them rely on an INTERNAL amp inside the stock deck for sound
a cd player for those cars will not work

Oh boy..Well i guess i'll tell this guy to cancel the order..Alright well what do you suppose is my best option here now?The funny part of all this is I actually have a top of the line in dash dvd player from Clarion but i took it out last year cause everyone and there dog was trying to get there hands on it so i put back in the factory deck..Isn't there a hookup in the trunk for a factory cd stacker that will work with this deck?

thanks again...

CadillacSTS42005
03-29-08, 09:24 PM
yup
most cars have it
should be in the trunk on the pass side...

you could put the aftermarket back in
your choice

i have a 12 disc changer with the mag if interested from my 97 ETC

sint3k
03-29-08, 11:19 PM
Will the BOSE headunit with the Tape Player and the CD player from a 02 Seville or eldorado work in my 97 ETC with the bose headunit and only has tape player ? are the connections the same ? I'm looking to get rid of the 12 disc changer in the trunk and just have the headunit with the cd player.

CadillacSTS42005
03-29-08, 11:31 PM
ive gone over this many times....
yes it will work....
you need to have the dealer clear the theft though and they wont know how less you tell them to go into the tech ii as the year the radio came from not the year of your car.....

theppfftt
03-30-08, 09:58 AM
yup
most cars have it
should be in the trunk on the pass side...

you could put the aftermarket back in
your choice

i have a 12 disc changer with the mag if interested from my 97 ETC

Hi,i posted yesterday after that but i put my personal email in there for you to contact me about the cd stacker you have and the post got deleted.I guess i should not have put my own email in the post.Anyway can you please PM me and we can talk about the extra cd stacker you have.I would like it.It would not allow me to PM you cause im too new yet.

thanks

CadillacSTS42005
03-30-08, 03:01 PM
cant pm
mines overfull from being a supporter and now not being one
email me at Cadillac1997ETC@yahoo.com